If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Mandatory by being endlessly more efficient than finding items yourself.
It should not be a part of an A-RPG. At least there should be two choices, a trading mode and a non-trading mode.

Endlessly… Technically you can not gain more than you have obtained through other means, so 50%. The only thing that might bypass this is flipping and that is something they should look at combatting.

At least they should give us trading!

What the hell, I am so happy, that the devs understand, that trading is an established part of Diablo! If you want to have a self found mode, sure, but an online ARPG without trade would be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Sorry, no offense, but reducing the possibilities of interaction between players in an ONLINE ARPG is the worst thing you can do.

1 Like

My reason to keep hunting items is to get the ones I want. Beyond that… there is no point. Amassing virtual wealth through a bunch of items I’ll never need isn’t appealing.

Most ARPGs capable of being played online don’t have a trade system. Or at least, not to the point that you’d consider the game to have an economy.

Really, other than D2/3 and PoE, I can’t think of one.

As far as “reducing player interaction,” well, that’s nonsense. Trading isn’t some great social activity. Find a guy, whisper him, join a game, trade, probably never see him again.

It’s Blizzard and a Diablo game, anyway. They’ll put multiplayer incentives in; you won’t need trading to bolster player interactions.

But you trade very often in PoE:

You are just a lying troll

D2, D3, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, PoE, Wolcen (not yet, but planned), Torchlight,…

I can’t think of an ARPG, that hasn’t trade. It is the most natural thing, that if there is loot and other players, that you can give your loot to other players.

Yes, I do! I enjoy meeting trolls and interacting with them!

Indeed… similar to similar attract each other. But the questions are… why are you against trading but you trade in PoE?
That doesn’t make any sense. That’s a behavior of a troll.

Not really. Let’s say there are 1000 equally useful items (legendaries/mythics/whatever), and you want one of them. They can all be traded for each other.
if you find one of them you can buy the one you want
=> Trading is 1000x more efficient than not trading in this case.
(yes, there is a transaction cost of finding a buyer or seller here, you might have to trade multiple times to get there etc, but still, extremely efficient)

There are plenty of ways you can’t interact in an A-RPG. No reason trading must be a way to interact. I am sure Blizzard can find better ways for that to happen.

What is your argument against trade? If you don’t like it, just don’t do it, but let other players trade. What if you find a super high end item for a class you never want to play? Vendor it?

2 Likes

But none of those games (and others you didn’t mention, such as Chaosbane, Pillars of Eternity, TQ, Victor Vran, etc) outside of D2, D3 and PoE really utilize trading to the point of an economy, which is what pro-traders are talking about.

Logically, then, if most ARPGs don’t utilize trade much or have a steady economy, then those aren’t necessary qualities for an ARPG to have… especially since you can only count on Diablo or PoE to have enough players to get to that point.

Or, in other words, the rest of the ARPGs are created without trading being a staple mechanic. It’s only in Diablo that players want artificially lowered drop rates to prop it up and force players into it.

Remember, too, that companies in general aren’t really creating their ARPGs to stay relevant for decades… nor should Blizzard.

Your math completely discounts the ability to have earned the value to trade for those 1000 items in the first place.

I traded in RMAH too. Once the game is broken due to trading, I could simply trade instead of playing the regular game aka the item hunt.

But if the game is in development and trading is discussed I am completely against it.

It doesn’t make for you since I suspect you (just as 99% of the people in real life) always look at things from your own perspective defending what’s best for you.

For Diablo 4 as an aRPG game is best to not have trading at all since trading destroys the item hunt and welcomes trolls, which in the long term results in the D2 case - botters, spammers, trolls, scammers are 99% of the player base. And when I see such, be it in a game or in RL, I enjoy toying with them. But I would prefer to never meet such in-game. I mean, I can always go to a pub and find idiots there.

It is inevitable as one of the biggest ones threatens to spoil the game experience on day one and keeps trolling on this forum on a daily basis.

I write productive comments on daily basis. What I wrote regarding D3 was always right.

who says it is right? the only thing you produce are biased comments on your own beliefs. No evidence, no facts, just opinions and guessings.

Hmm. Always right from your perspective, perhaps…

1 Like

The players’ themselves - they now say on the forums the things I wrote in the past and the things I got down-voted for by the trolls.

That sound more like a sociopathic behaviour. And again, no proof of any your beliefs