If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Which is what people seem to be asking for.

Have that and a “don’t encounter any other players at all in this game” and it would be fine.

Under a system where I have to flag myself for PvP, or enter a map area that explicitly allows it, I have the choice of whether I want to engage or not.

When someone used to “go hostile” they could kill you, whether you wanted to PvP or not, i.e. the other player took the choice, not you.

Other players being able to force you into gameplay you don’t want is not good design as it annoys the hell out of the player whose choices are being ignored.

2 Likes

Exactly. This is one of the biggest reason why D2 PvP was hideously bad. It was just stupid design which should never be repeated.

3 Likes

People want to be able to toggle PvP on and off, but have the choice be up to them and not up to other players like it was in Diablo 2.

I loved PvP in Diablo 2 but it was always at its best in dueling games where everybody was there to PvP. Ganking other players who didn’t even want to PvP isn’t fun or interesting to me.

and there is no “in your game” in Diablo 4. Diablo 4 will feature a shared world.

So it would need to be a PvP “war mode” toggle like modern WoW uses. One that can only be toggled on or off in town to prevent abuse.

1 Like

i will buy with or without, but i really hope they DONT put free trading into this game. does not belong in a loot HUNTING game!

make it party trade like now, or maybe, just maybe! if they really have to do trading, bring the AH into the game again without real money.
cant let 3rd party sites take controll over it thats one thing for sure.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

The problem with that is if I’m not trading then I’m hurting my progression, so “not trading” isn’t really an option.

I don’t want to keep track of a virtual stock market, no.

They can just make it like D3 where I can trade with whoever is in my game. Since I play with my friends, they would still get items.

Also, not everyone wants to be helped like that in the first place.

I’d just rather not get the items I don’t need. Or be able to use them to better my own equipment via a crafting and merchant system.

1 Like

Starcraft Online Survival game. Thats what Ive said. Lots of crafting. Building. Gathering. Trading. Economy. Exploration, etc.

as long as you don’t play it anyways and spam the forums of d4 asking for trades, i choose to not have trades

Starcraft Online isn’t Diablo.

#dealwithit

Well, Diablo 3 forum isnt Diablo 4 forum?

I think Starcaft Survival Online game could be tons of fun. Give player a base to build and trade with other players. Stuff like that. Trade units for units. Get resources for your tank.

Sio and people like him crack me up. I bet you anything if I went hostile on him in game, this forum, or in real life, he would be riding the waaambulance to crybabyville.

In game, he would grief me to no end or have people do it if he is too chicken. On this forum, mommy and daddy blizz would remove my post and squelch the heck out of me. In real life, one word… ‘police.’

Yet, he wants a hostile button?
What a joke.

Edit:

However, I do agree with him on free trades. No, I don’t think it cheapens game play for my friends, as one post mentions above. If I find something they could use, I would freely git it up. If they find something, same thing. No different in life with ‘you hook me up, I hook you up.’

Careful. Don’t attempt to argue that trading doesn’t effect non-traders in detrimental ways. Because to them, they are “forced” to trade because they feel like if it exists at all they HAVE to do it for every single item in the game and stop playing entirely.

anti-traders want everyone to be forced to play how THEY want to play, but they claim adding extra features you can choose to use or not use, is somehow forcing THEM to play a certain way. ironic, isn’t it? Still have yet to hear a single decent argument against trading besides literal whining. “but but… random guy X could maybe get gear faster than me if he spends more time trading so i HAVE to trade! whaaaaaa”

1 Like

Same with the Auction House.

If other people use it, I have to also or I won’t get any good items. I have no choice. I have to.
You could just play the game.
But other people are using it, so I have to also. I have no choice. Its the only way to get good items.
Or I could just whine and cry about everything.
But I can’t. Not without the Auction House.
Not until Blizzard removes the Auction House.

3 Likes

the responses to this are going to be swift and full of logical inconsistencies. The anti-traders will claim that if trading is a more efficient way to get certain items, this ruins their entire experience and they will get hardcore FOMO if they don’t use the AH or trade so its “just as bad” as making all the best items in the game free… or something. Its honestly hard to grasp a real point in the midst of all the crying over other players gear.

These are the same people who cry about the new open world and how there isn’t a “private mode” because they don’t want to interact with any other players, yet OTHER players trading with each other is ruining their experience. lol. Itll effect the <1% of players who want to be competitive in PVP or the leaderbords. end of list.

1 Like

Had plenty of good items in vD3 and ever used either AH. I had some good items in D2 and never went online. I never felt I needed to use the AH or trade. I don’t suffer from FOMO, nor care about what others do. That’s entirely on the individual not the game.

@BillyMays if the game is designed around trading it certainly effects those that don’t engage. I am an anti-trade but never felt forced to trade, but extremely low drop rates are typically applied to encourage trading.

Back @ Barb giving good loot to your friends for free does cheapen their game since they did nothing to earn it. That is part of the problem. It creates a cycle of dependency in a way where people expect and want things for free from their friends.

That’s why a trading system should be for equal value. You cannot just give something for free you need a return if equal value. I proposed a system where if you trade an item with a item level value(for lack of a better term) of 100 you need to get an item back of relative value. And no, one could it trade 100 items valued at 1. You trade 1 item for 1 item to prevent cheezing the system. That way both players have to play the game to find gear suitable to trade.

3 Likes

thank you for admitting that. Its bizarre people can’t admit this and feel a feature should be removed because of their inability to resist using it. lol

Shadout tried to use this argument and it didn’t make sense then and doesn’t make sense now. what do you mean “designed around trading”? Just that drop rates might be super low for certain items or something? because i don’t see that happening. Just because trade exists doesn’t mean they will make the drop rates like D2 was with the zod rune or something. I don’t see the drop rates being at all effected by trading nor anything else being effected in a negative way for traders or non-traders. We also aren’t getting “free trading” anyways so i don’t see why anyone has any real reason to complain besides jealousy.

Mmm not really an accurate summation. Couldn’t care less about having every item in the game. However, do I care about having a decent progression rate, and since trade is factored into that not doing it means I would progress much slower.

Nope. I’d be perfectly happy with an independent mode that compensates the loss of progress from trading.

Again, not really an accurate summation. I don’t particularly care how fast someone else progresses, but I do care how long it takes me to do it. This is a loot hunting and upgrading your gear game - if I’m not finding upgrades in a reasonable time period then things become a little stale. This can be somewhat offset if we have things like talent progression and a good crafting system, but ultimately the fact is that if trading is present I have to do it, or else I won’t progress in a reasonable time period.

Yeah, I tried that. The drop rates during the AH era were stupidly low. And they were that way intentionally so the AH was incentivized. Further - at least for me - using the AH didn’t mean not playing the game. It just meant that the bulk of my upgrades came from the AH, which doesn’t feel that great in a loot hunting game.

D2s droprates were designed to be so low to encourage trading to get what you wanted faster. This is fact. So, for those that did not go on line we struggled with drops. You also need to understand along my way to beat Hell was a few hundred hours to have a couple of really good items compared to players that were online trading or just getting free gear had almost a full if not a full set if really good gear. Huge difference. I’m sure if I grinded to 99 and spent countless more hours farming bosses I could have had equal gear in roughly 5-10x the amount of time played.

That is the problem right there. Now if you cannot understand Shadouts issue that’s a you thing. Because reading, almost 100% of the time means solo players get screwed by needing to play significantly longer to be on par.

1 Like

It’s not our fault your camp is incapable of behaving like grown adults. YOU lot have never been able to provide a single credible counter to the plethora of legit provided reasons why trading has no place in Diablo.

That’s why you stick your fingers in your ears singing LALALALALA and resort to making sock poppet accounts on a weekly basis to push your credit card warrior agenda.

Hint: it really doesn’t make it look like you’re in the majority. That’s why you won’t get to make a single cent off D4.