Ideas for TR speed/push balance with itemization

Assuming that the fourth cube slot is a test of an expansion of the Kanai’s system - this seems the intent, as the season theme isn’t unique, and seems more like Blizzard testing what builds would look like with it - I thought about an itemization change that could make for interesting gameplay.

Currently the meta for pushing looks like Shenlongs with Won Kim Lau in the cube with Balance, which made me think about potential changes for speed builds with the PoJ set specifically. There is currently a TR item which isn’t used at all, the Warstaff of General Quang, which only gives the tailwind rune. What I’d like to see is a rework of this item to give at least this rune, which increases move speed by 25%, but adding a damage bonus of some kind. My suggestion will be such that there wouldn’t be any intended competition with Balance for main damage, but a good supplement for speeds.

Suggested change: gain tailwind rune, and increase damage by move speed x 2

This is similar to the Standoff poke arm effect for Raekor FC build for barbarians, it would be a 200% dmg boost or more if you wear Won Kim Lau and Vengeful wind. The exact calculation may alter the actual damage number but the idea seems a good one for a speed build that wouldn’t be in competition for the push meta, and would really make a turbocharged speed build.

Would love to know what others think, it would be a nice way to include an item we have that gets no play at all.

TR builds are the most powerful builds for monks. They don’t need more attention. LTK, Uliana, Raiment, WoL and Inna need help.

3 Likes

Sure, I wasnt suggesting that this was a priority over balancing other sets, just an idea to round out TR more completely.

For the speed, POJ with WKL and echo fury, cube the vengeful wind. use SOJ (need cold TR) + Squirt + Rechel’s Ring (fearing enemy add speed, which is constant due to the echo fury) so PoJ + VW gives 13*5 = 65 speed, echo fury gives 45 speed, ring gives 60 speed, 25 default + passive 10 giving a total 205 movement speed.

I am currently running this build without Vengeful wind and can clear 115 (need CoE instead of Rechel’s Ring) in 4-5min, and 110 in sub 3-4min. Im 1.9k paragon.

If you want more speed, there is a belt and a mantra and physical TR that gives another 60 speed. But probably can only do GR100 for sub 3 min I think.