Ideas for improving Diablo 3 on console, and some issues to fix

Would love to see the below addressed in a future Diablo 3 Xbox One patch. Or any console really

Please let me know if this is not the right place to post this kind of thing.

1. When using a controller to play Diablo 3, and you use the stick to select an option on the radial menu on the Inventory page, if you are holding the stick in a particular direction after selecting an option, your selection changes on the next menu. It should ignore input until the stick returns to the middle and then the stick is moved in another direction.

2. I have a strong opinion on this next one. I would like the red targeting outline to be a lot less thick. Heck I would like a way to disable it completely but I’m sure that won’t happen. Maybe Hardcore mode should disable it or have a way to disable it :slight_smile: I posted about this in 2012 when the game came out and I feel stronger about it now. It makes the monsters hard to see. It is not needed for some builds. It makes the game less scary, less fun.

3. Stash needs “can equip” filter.

4. Another useful filter would be “Primary Stat”, so you could see all Dexterity items for Monk/DH, all Intelligence items for Wiz/WD, etc. This should be available on all equipment lists.

5. When scrolling through items on the Extract Legendy Power menu, the repeat rate for scrolling up and down is too fast/sensitive. i.e. Even if you barely tap Up or Down on the D-Pad (or joystick), sometimes it goes 2-3 options up or down. It needs to wait a tad longer to see if the user is holding the pad/stick down in that direction.

6. It takes far too long to scroll down some lists, such as the “Extract Legendary Power” list. When looking at any page in the UI that scrolls:

• Pressing Left on the left stick, or Left on the D-Pad, could do “Page Up”
  • Pressing Right on the left stick, or Right on the D-Pad, could do “Page Down”

This would be useful for scrolling down long pages.

1. All lists should be alphabetized. Sometimes they are not alphabetized (for example “Extract Legendary Power” in Kanai’s Cube, on Xbox One at least).

2. You should be able to use D-Pad to pick a bounty on the map. Currently you can only use the left joystick.

3. I just discovered you cannot use arcade joystick controllers, such as the Razer Atrox, to play Diablo 3 on Xbox One. Why not? It is such a missed opportunity. It would be so useful for farming/grinding, when your hands start hurting from playing so much with a regular controller.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on any of the above, whether you work for Blizzard or not.

1 Like