Ideas about Rainment build

I would like to share with you some ideas (already proposed by others here or mine) to allow the Raiment build to make its return. By testing it, I could see its potential in terms of fun but also its shortcomings. I would love to play it but today it is too fragile.

I will avoid giving numbers as much as possible. I prefer to give reasonable suggestions for improvement. Remember that this build suffers mainly from lack of defense and damage.

The set :

2-piece bonus
Your Spirit Generators have 25% increased attack speed and 400% increased damage.

=> Damage can be buffed here

4-piece bonus
Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does.

=> Dashing Strike and Cyclone Strike increase the damage reduction by 50-60% for 6 seconds.

6-piece bonus
Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 60,000% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 6000% for 6 seconds.

=> Damage can be buffed here
=> Add Cyclone strike in the mechanic to buff the damage of Spirit Generators for more fluidity in the gameplay and because of the pressure of Shenlong.

Supports items :

Immunity neck or ring :
Give 60-80% of damage reduction and CC immunity

Epiphany neck or ring :
*Reduce the remaining cooldown of Epiphany by 1 second when you hit with a resource-spending attack (or when you use Dashing Strike only)
*When Epiphany is active you take 60-80% less damage

=> In my opinion, the neck is better because it allows you to play with focus and restraint. Focus and restraint is very suitable in a gamplay where you are always in mouvement like Rainment.

Band of Rue Chambers :
Your Spirit Generators generate 40% more Spirit. (Monk Only) [40 - 50]%

• Your Spirit Generation and your damage reduction is increase by 50-60%
  • When you spend spirit you take 60-80% less damage for 6 seconds. Your Spirit Generators have a 25% increase attack.

=> A ring too little used, it needs to be more attractive.

Flying Dragon :
Chance to double your attack speed when attacking.

• Every attack grants 10% increased Attack Speed and 5-8% damage reduction for 8 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times
  • Every attack grants 10% increased Attack Speed and xx% damage for 8 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times

=> I find the current Flying dragon a little poor

Shenlong :
(2) Set:
The damage of your Spirit Generators is increased by 2% for each point of Spirit you have.
When reaching maximum Spirit, all damage is increased by 350%, but you no longer passively regenerate Spirit and 65 Spirit is drained every second until you run out of Spirit.

• Remove the drain
  • Reduce the cost of drain
  • Shenlong’s proc at 95-97% spirit 100% of the time

=> Personally, I prefer to remove the drain. It’s a mechanism not fun and buggy.
=> In damage term, I thing Shenlong is fine if there are buffs elsewhere

I hope that I have forgotten nothing that I wanted to mention. And sorry for my English :smiley:

I’d get rid of the 6 second buff for damage and just add the full damage mod into the set.

We already have a Cyclone Strike defense buff with Lefebvre’s, and Dashing Strike with Crystal fist. This however is not the right to do defense. Something like “Damage reduced by 50% while you are under any Mantra effect” added to the 4pc set would work better, and provide great synergy other Monks, especially the Inna set.

Gogok, Zodiac and Messerschmidt’s not enough? One of our currently useless Spirit Stone could get “half cooldown on Epiphany, plus Epiphany gets the effect of all runes” effect (or even just the Desert Shroud)

I like Band of Rue Chambers to target for buff, but what you’ve proposed is too powerful, 60-80% plus immunity on another ring even moreso. +50% to spirit regen with 25% spirit cost reduction is good, and works with Captain Crimson’s.

Flying Dragon: I would rather this work like Frenzy. Also the same problem with short term defense buffs. Very vulnerable entry into combat. This is particularly problematic in hardcore.