[Idea] Options to switch back to IB IK HotA in Season 20

Right now most of the Barb community are focusing on the new Frenzy set (Horde of the Ninety Savages). Meanwhile I’s looking about season 20 and then an idea strucked me: With the Season 20 theme, which make us able to cube any legendary power in any Cube slot we want, we can now cube both Gavel of Judgement and Remorseless and switch back to Isvan’s Blades (like before the Remorseless changes). But which means we must also drop another power/ item in the build.
I brandstormed for some ideas and I see some varieties of the build we can choose from, which I’m not sure which one’s better in different situations, and how are they compare to the original build.
Original build: icy-veins .com/d3/barbarian-hota-build-with-immortal-king
In this build we can see the mandatories and irreplaceable pieces: IK set pieces, GoJ, Remorseless, Bracer of the First Men and FotA shoulders, either in cube or on equip.
Meanwhile the (probably) repaceable pieces:

• Endless Walk set.
  • CotE and BoM rings.
  • Mortick’s Brace.

And here’re my options:

• Drop Mortick, which sacrifics about 50% damage or defense, as, ms and life per fury.
  • Drop CoE: Sacrifice about 33% damage.
  • Drop BoM: Sacrifice lots of defenses.
  • Drop the Endless Walk set, and wear Hellfire (with Brawler/Bloodthirst/Rentless/Animosity for Fury) or Flavour of Time.
    Which one do you think is the best? Are they better than original build? Do you have any other idea? And please tell me if I get something wrong.

You always have the option to run a build anyway you want. My question is why would you want to run a build in an inferior version if the playstyle doesnt change at all? There is a reason istvans is #2 choice in this build now. Your best choice would be to drop COE. Overall you would be gaining a little bit of defense and losing a bit of offense. Not a good trade IMO…

It could gain more offense then you’d think really. More defense = less having to move and dodge incoming damage, and more attack speed = more AD procs and more blood shed? I dunno

It’s no longer the best choice because as I said. Remorseless rework is much better. But also I said that you now can cube BOTH GoJ and Remorseless so IB’s back in the table now.

Istvans and CoE both offer a ~50% Damage increase. One a little bit more defense too.

That’s a interchangable switch theoretical that is possible next season. It’s just not a ground breaking change.

1 Like

Agree, especially it’s just temporary within the season.
I only cared because IK will be next season’s Haedrig’s gift set (and because brainstorming for new idea’s interesting). Once getting enough gears I’m gonna be back to WW-Rend and trying the new set anyway.

Yea, I feel the game is too balanced around items so the theme doesn’t really change much sadly. But there might be some hidden out there, I just feel like it’s going to be LoN/LoD mostly.

Yeah seeing that season theme seemed SUPER cool at first glance… than you start looking at builds, and it’s honestly hard to improve them in most cases.

I would think the seasonal theme would be used more for speed rifts and using avarice band, etc. When just going for speed and damage, etc…

You really should read what people respond with before jumping to a conclusion. GOJ/BOM/EW set are mandatory. The build lacked defense before mortiks came out and resulted in a 1-2 rift gain due to the ability to just stand in stuff and not move. This is why I said your best choice is to lose COE and put remorseless in the cube. Over all this is still a DPS lose due to the fact that you need to directly compare istvans vs COE and Echoing fury or sun keeper/doombringer. Your trying to make the build better but in fact you would be running an inferior version with any change you make. I had this argument in barb chat the other day. Someone wanted to make changes to the WW cube items come S20 and it just is not possible to make the build better.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know which one’s better than which one, since I can’t test because my ptr ping’s about a zillion, that’s why I listed them as ideas instead of builds or improvements, that’s why I need (collective) your oppinions about those. And just like brainstorming, some ideas may be bad but can suggest better ones, and some may be diamond in the rough, and we need to polish them to see.
Don’t know about you, but I’m actually enjoying looking for new, bold ideas.

IK HOTA is weaker then LON HOTA. Period. Untill Dev’s (hopefully) boost IK set.