Idea: Boon of the Soloist

It would work. But why not simply make it baseline like the group buff. Coming up with new gems, charms etc. is an unnecessarily complicated solution to a very simple problem tbh.

:smiley: I’d certainly take it over nothing.
(I actually dont care much about charms one way or the other!)

Maybe they dont think so. It is multiple reasons. 30% XP is just one of those reaons.
All these reasons need to be addressed.

Indeed.

Your follower is your “Boon of the Soloist”.

1 Like

It sounds like it would be a “Gem of Many Facets” to me. Each facet, if you will, would be considered a player. It would also have to be a gem that would cap out at either 50 (most likely) or 100. Heck even 99 just because Blizzard logic says so.

If it did go the + exp route, it would most likely cap out at either 300% or 400%. I am guessing 300%, 100% for each player that isn’t there. Max gem = 4 player group even if it really doesn’t match the 4 player public group exp math table, it’s better than nothing.

At level 25 it can be placed in the Helm socket slot. Only the second Legendary Gem that can be placed there.

The flavor text should be something about seeing additional people that are not there, but are. Heck maybe the name of the gem could have a person’s name attached to it as well. The flavor text is him thinking or talking out loud.

Fredrick’s Gem of Many Facets. “Hey.” “Where did you guys come from?” “You’re not going anywhere any time soon?” “Are you?” Wait, what did Cain say again?" - Fredrick to what appears to be three fellow companions.

or maybe…

Bonked on the head one too many times by the Demons in Sanctuary, Fredrick started seeing what appeared to me images of himself. “Hey, there’s four of us” “That’s what I call a Party” - Fredrick.

Edit: This could also be very beneficial to leveling an alt too. It would go well with the Gem of Ease, + exp gear, and the 2 craftable sets.

Edit: Reminds me of the Slayer song with the line “I’ve seen all 7 faces, each one looks a lot… like… me! They all look like me”

1 Like

Yeah. Instead of coming up with new gems, charms etc. just add new legendaries the follower can use to boost our chars.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

This is a great idea! Much better than mine. Could even be an aura from the follower, like in D2. No itemization required.

Why are soloers so against playing together with others but comparing every possible details? :wink:

Whoop whoop … follower gem incoming!!11

But at least there is no need to buff solo play, b/c that’s not a mode but a decision. The very most of those cryers for more solo power aren’t compare proper.

If you get a soloist playing 100h in a season and reaching Paragon 1000. Now you have to compare four players of this kind playing together at the same pace.

• What the most of then think they would reach: Paragon 4.000.
  • What the few who know exponential behavior think they would reach: Paragon 1.400 (4x XP)
  • What they would reach if they would attend in such an experiment: Paragon 1000 maybe less.
    Why? Because they don’t use synergies. They only play damage dealers, etc. pp.
1 Like

Currently time tells stagnating groups @GR150 (GR-Cap) and GR120ish Speed-Runs. But with the last few versions and the new sets/items, the solo rankings increased their average by approximately 10 GR levels. Same goes for the solo speed runs.

But still: “Buhuuuuhuuu, nobody loves solists …”

1 Like

I get why this keeps coming up and it is not unreasonable but one thing must come in for it to be solo. All functionality for the gem is disabled on entering public or a clan member joining you, or do not call it solo.

Would not an easier way without a lot of re-coding or new creation issues simply be to facilitate Cains and Boms and the Ruby to keep their percentages prior to level 70 after Level 70 if someone plays solo?

Could just have an achievement earned after so long playing strictly solo that activates a buff. Not activated once in parties, call something like “self made man” or “doesn’t work well with others”.

1 Like

Literally in the very first post.

Also previous are posts about upping the exp for solo players. I support your idea to keep the full effect of exp gear after 70 for solo players.

It’s called ‘Solo Self Found’ and already exists as a community here. They would like official support and recognition. Although I fully support them I am not a member.

Back to the original gem idea:
I wasn’t satisfied with repeating or expanding already existing stuff. After a few hours of thinking I came up with the ‘just lucky’ solo only leg gem. I’m not saying it’s a perfect idea. I’m just trying to put ideas out there in the hope that somewhere, somehow, someone will get something good to happen.

I hope the Devs do figure out some way of leveling the playing field for solo players. I like the idea of the follower being that bonus, or that it becomes part of the game.

The reason I don’t group up with others, besides my real life friend and his wife, is I have sever social anxiety and for lack of a better word “can’t” play in groups. I am sure I’m not the only one with these types of problems.

Life is cruddy enough, and a game doesn’t need to basically punish someone because of a disability.
Sorry if this came off as a rant.

1 Like

Something more could be that it is a helm only gem, and it acts like all the gems combined. Bonus XP, cool down reduction, resource costs reduction, life%, and extra gold. Maybe as it levels, it adds a new bonus?

Now that I could go for as I only do solo GRs.

Or allow followers to socket legendary gems.

1 Like

THAT would be an idea right there. Obviously it shouldn’t be as much as a 4 player group, but maybe two? You have a follower, right? Boom, 2 player exp. right there.

Edit: It reminds me of playing D2 solo. In the beginning you could designate how you want the experience to be. P8 for the best loot and experience, but that means you need to do the damage of 8 people. Also, you need to be able to take the damage of 8 people. I used it every once in a while, then stopped and just went with whatever the difficulty was x1, me.

Exactly, there should be more follower support if we want a better solo.
Unique legendary drops with legendary powers specificaly for them, and also legendary gems for them. The follower is the ONLY distinct feature between a SOLO and a MULTI player game, so I think they should just work on that.

Yeah, instead of adding weird rules/buffs for solo player, buffing the follower to the level they can be a great help is the best solution.

Reasonable. I agree. Just harder to do.

I agree in theory.
But, it would feel bad if we end in a situation where it is the follower that is carrying our character. Like if 80%+ of your total dmg came from it.
They should be your helper, not the other way around.

That is why I think follower items/buffs is only one of multiple simultaneous solutions.

The only follower buff I can think of being easily implementable is allowing them to use legendary gems.