[Idea] Allow Legacy of Dreams be socketed on helmet

Hi! I haven’t posted for along time, just some random thought. The slots for legendary gems are so limited. I think this idea (see title) will greatly open ways to discover fun and competitive builds. How’s that?

1 Like

Might be a little overbudget. But I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable. Helm sockets aren’t great; A better place, perhaps, might be offhands.

Someone in-game once said there should be a seasonal theme that allowed the use of legendary gems in any socket.

I think that’s a great idea. Maybe that will be our next season.
Any season theme or a gameplay mechanic that explores further character customization is amazing. After all, that’s what RPGs are all about - character development, progression and customization.

1 Like

It’s a terrible idea. Being able to add an extra six legendary gems (1 in helm, 3 in chest, 2 in legs) to a build would be needless, and huge, power creep.

3 Likes

We had a season where LoD gem didn’t exist yet, you just got the LoD buff all the time. The builds were exactly the same as what we have nowadays, with a legendary gem added (usually zei).

6 Likes

Exactly. The current builds aren’t really any different as they were back then. Adding one extra gem doesn’t make any difference in build diversity. I really don’t get it why some people think it does.

Allowing LoD to be socketed in the helm makes zero difference. Lazy, bad idea.

All I’m seeing is a huge amount of potential issues once season ends with this idea.

2 Likes

Oh, no, that wouldn’t be over-powered to the max, not at all…

On a serious note, I think the servers would physically explode if they allowed that.

1 Like

I think it’d be alright, but that wouldn’t do much to add build diversity, it would just add a bit more power to the players while they keep doing what they already did +1. Maybe we could hope for it to enable more players to go without sets, but it would probably just be a buff to those who already were.

I feel that we needs more legendary gems that can be socketed to Weapon, because at this point, Emerald is pretty much the dominant gem for the Weapon Slot.

2 Likes

I think better effects on the other gems for weapons would be better. I’ve made a post about that years ago, but all of my old posts are gone. I’ll make a thread about it and see what people think nowadays.

Well, ideally normal gems would get tweaked as well. There have been tons of topics on how to tweak gems so that, in some cases, diamonds are better than emeralds for elite-hunting builds, etc.

Sadly, I think gems are going to stay where they’re at. I’ve been hoping for sapphires to be added for years and years…

We’re way beyond the point where you should still be worrying about power creep. lol

Everytime they add a new set, legendary power, it’s way more power creep than you could get with a bunch of extra legendary gems.
You had a season of free LoN, that’s 2 extra legendary ring powers. That wasn’t power creep?
You had a season with double Kanai Cube powers. That also wasn’t power creep?

Power creep should be the least of your worries nowadays, because it’s already a part of this game. It’s the game’s identity. We don’t like it, but that’s how it is.

4 Likes

I would suspect that there may be a few oddball builds that could take serious advantage of this at best, but overall it might add maybe 3-4 GRS to the top end of anything, at the cost of Stat Gems, so you’d have to grind out some extra paragon to make up the difference anyway.

You’re asking to get the only downside removed from LoD and become ultimately superior compared to LoN rings with non-ancient bonus.
When you compare LoD and LoN, LoD takes away one gem slot from jewelry but gives you free 2 ring slots and ability to benefit from non-ancient items; while LoN take away 2 ring slots but give you a free gem slot with the restriction of ancient only items. Asking LoD to be a helm gem asking LoN to be deleted from the game.

1 Like

you mean like it isn’t already? your argument doesn’t really make any sense.

Actually his argument makes perfect sense.

I’ve said many times that there has to be tradeoffs for various things. As naksiloth stated, LoD’s tradeoff is giving up one legendary gem and LoN’s tradeoff is giving up 2 legendary powers from rings. If LoD could be socketed in a helm, there really wouldn’t be any tradeoff, even the lost benefit from the normal gem could be easily compensated with gear affixes.

Tradeoffs, they’re an important part of balancing.

The idea goes into the right direction, but it should be able to be socketed into Helmets.

There already is Leorics Crown which gives huge bonus to gems that are socketed in helms (coodlown reduction, resource cost reduction, %life) and that would be missed in LoD builds, if that gem slot would get taken away by LoD.

It should simply be able to get socketed into a Chest Armor or Pants.

It’s not superior overall objectively. Currently it’s subjective from build to build and their dependent on their progress because for some specs giving away one gem doesn’t worth it as you might give away a Taeguk, Esoteric or BotS to replace them with LoD.
Asking it to be a helm tier gem, just removes the entire backdraw of LoD and simply making LoN obsolete.

I havent seen a LoN ring set in any build since LoD was released. I think LoD is already objectively superior.

True, it would be power creep. LoD builds would get an extra legendary gem, if you could socket LoD into an offhand weapon. It would be a death knell for the LoN rings themselves, but they are already dead.

It would make sockets on offhands a very good roll, though. That's what I was trying to do. Might be better just to remove sockets on offhands, if they have no realistic use.

In terms of powercreep, would it be more than the current seasonal theme desyncing in multiplayer?