I'd like to know who started the private loot rumor/request

Sorry to break this to you, but the most recent survey showed that 70% do want change and only 7% want to leave the game as is. You are on the losing side of this discussion.

Just curious, how many pre-orders participated in the poll? Did blizzard finalize this poll? How do you feel? Was the amount of pre-order participants really low compared to the actual reality?

Personally, I think that they need to be more clear in their surveys. As you know, I want to add a personal loot option. Even with saying that, I do not want personal loot to replace FFA loot.

Also, people do not know what personal loot is. Some incorrectly think means up to 8x more loot or that loot is account bound. If I had designed these surveys, I would have used the term instanced loot and clearly defined what that meant.

I would also give choices like

1. D2R being FFA only
  2. D2R being instanced loot only
  3. D2R giving the players the ability to choose

For the next question: If FFA and personal loot options are introduced in D2R, do you prefer this to occur

1. At game creation
  2. At character creation

Sorry to break this to you, but the most recent survey showed that 70% want to leave the game as is and only 7% do want change. You are on the losing side of this discussion.

Please link this “most recent survey”.

You were already proven wrong about misquoting another survey with undeniable evidence, a link, and screenshots.

1 Like

there better be no personal loot in this game

the main community doesn’t even post on this forum and we all do not want personal loot

thankfully the devs have an ear with us through mr llama and he has been a great resource in helping keep diablo 2 resurrected as close to the original as possible

1 Like

how would this even work. you can just randomly have different people with different loot selections in one game lmao

“Not even Personal Loot can save you from me!” - Diablo

1 Like

There are several options.

The loot system could be set at game creation or character creation. No one would ever play in a game with 2 different loot systems occurring at once. In my system, loot system selection would be restricted to a separate realm from the strict remaster realm that was kept FFA only.

1 Like

you do realize that would complete mess up game selection right? so in the game select lobby, you would see a bunch of games you potentially couldn’t join

imagine trying to join a baal or chaos run but you are blocked because of an arbitrary loot choice, when you can have ploot by playing alone

Actually, you can look at D3 for the model to how this works. In D3, the game creator sets the type of game. For players looking for that game type to join, they set their type and all available games that match are displayed.

1 Like

……… the point of diablo 2 is so you don’t have to play diablo 3

diablo 3s pub game system is horrible

in diablo 2 we have a lobbies where people create and actually name games people can join

not just randomly select options and hope to join a good game

It would be a combination of the 2 systems.

If personal loot was a separate realm, it would be like the distinct game lobbies for hardcore/softcore and ladder/non-ladder. Needless to say, if you are a softcore expansion ladder character in the D2:LoD lobby, you do not see games that are non-ladder or hardcore.

1 Like

that would entirely split the player base

then you need to account for two separate ladders, two separate non ladders, two separate lobby systems, it just doesn’t make sense

no point in personal loot when you can just MF alone

diablo 2 is not diablo 3.

diablo 2 multiplayer is for questing, exp, and pvp, not for MFing

and that has always been the case. On battlenet PC alone, there were 32 splits.

2 games (D2/D2:LoD)
4 regional servers (US East, US West, Asia, EU)
Hardcore/sofcore
Ladder/No ladder

2x4x2x2=32

Diablo 2 is not Diablo 2 Resurrected

since the multiplayer D2 loot system is not good. If personal loot existed in D2R, multiplayer D2R would be for questing, exp, PVP, and loot. That would be wonderful.

1 Like

no, not at all

people solo mf because the mf runs don’t make sense to run multiplayer lol

again diablo 2 is not diablo 3. the main MF spots are hardly even bosses.

it doesn’t make sense to run tombs in muliplayer, or the pits, or pindle which is literally a one second run

this is what i’m talking about when i say the devs should not listen to d3 players or casuals, you guys don’t understand the game at all

To post in the D2R forum, you had to pre-order D2R. Some of us play D2 currently and have played this game for thousands of hours.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
The idea that there is some mass conspiracy of D3 players making suggestions on this forum is non-sensical. A plausible conclusion is that D2 veterans have divergent opinions.

1 Like

I think a big concern that I have of personal loot, is the implementation of it. Because if it’s in there, you need to try and keep it as much as the old system as possible. One of the positives, in my opinion, of FFA loot is that you can see every item that falls on the ground. You have a general idea about where the RNG is falling. So you need to be able to have it link to the drops for each player when it’s rare or above, plus runes as well. Because some of these items are already hard enough to get, now you’re adding another RNG element to it where you may not even know if something dropped. Now I see the issue of people complaining about the drop rates being too low and to raise them up because they feel that they should be seeing that stuff.

I know that some people really don’t care about that stuff, seeing what’s dropped, so of course you would have that option as a togglable option to have. But there’s also the games where you would give drops in order to receive a rush. Ploot takes away that option unless there’s a way to show the other players what all is falling. It’d be very easy for the person receiving the rush to just say “RNG is just bad today” and take those drops that would have gone to the rusher.

You also have the issue with console players and being able to find a lobby if it’s going to be something that can be changed with game creation. I was already having a tough enough time finding a lobby that I wanted to play in last weekend because of how it’s set up. Adding an option of ploot vs FFA for console is going to just make it that much harder to find a game. Even if they don’t allow game name upon creation, we still need to have the option to scroll through available games as a list even if it just shows the gamertag/PSN/Nintendo ID of the game creator.

I personally don’t want the change from FFA to ploot, I absolutely love the system the way that it is. Allowed me to find some honest players that I wanted to hang out with after a game and let me know which ones were just greedy or trolls and I stayed away from them. I also take a very casual approach to the game and don’t get bent out of shape if I don’t get drops in a game. If I want to MF in a group, then I get a group of people that I know and MF that way or I just try to pick up what drops and if I don’t manage to click fast enough then oh well, on to the next game and hope that I get it. I also love when someone has a full inventory and they go to pick up that GG find and it flops back out on the ground and I’m able to snatch it from them, because they were being greedy the whole run and I waited patiently.

Some big patch notes to do with runewords on non season and other changes

1 Like

I thought this patch and these changes were great additions myself.

I enjoyed this write-up, you spoke your point and expressed exact key points that I too agree with.

I’m still waiting on this information to be confirmed.

So the other survey you have numbers from is the official Blizzard one? Okay.

This is it exactly, so why split the player base within the game? Sounds more along the lines of a dead game for the return of a big change of which was not promised.

I’d rather not look at another game in comparison to a game that is in fact before Diablo 3.

How do you know this? How do you know they are listening to everything you are saying and planning to do exactly what “you” want. In any scenario change in this form is not always the “smart” thing to do.

A game that was popular and around for decades, will release with some changes lasting maybe 2-3 years compared to before it is not sounding so great.

2 Likes