I need some help

i setup a wizard character and i came up with my very own setup but i dont know what gr it is eventually gonna max out at. it is tal rasha but its different than the tal rasha i seen setup. its strong i know that but i just dont know how strong. its on my character i named TELLAH. can anybody check my character sheet on the diablo site and see how high it can go… please and thank you.

Hi. Now it is impossible to see profiles on blizz site so I figured out and imported your profile to D3planner (jayhighs313#1141).
After checking your TELLAH wiz It seems it does 3.4T damage per meteor (you had a Gem of Ease equipped in the weapon, replaced it for Emerald, Thunder Crash was the meteor rune) same damage does every TalRasha meteor. You used RoRG to be able to include the belt for chanelling cost reduction. I play a lot of channeling wiz builds with Deathwish+Etchet Sigil and its a best combo with Nilfur boots and Grand Vizier cubed because it gives best damage for meteors. At this moment I´m not sure how far can this build go (actually I will test it later just to answer your question). Based on D3planner I think its GR90+ capable.
Also I would suggest equipping TalRasha belt and cubing Hergbrash. Instead of RoRG in the cube use Squirt´s Necklace. It will double the damage (6.8T per meteor) but you will be more squishy which can be problematic (will test it later too).
Will report my findings soon.

1 Like

Just did GR90 in 10min with exactly your build. But had some augmented items and 12 ancients, base damage 3M.
Now, my opinion: it lacks defense - that´s what made me lose some minutes :frowning:
Damage is not high (compared to some other non cookie-cutter builds) but pretty good and consistent.
I think I know where you going and it seems you enjoy playing your way (me too!). I have some recommendations (will test the variations now), so if you want I can share my recommendations for this specific TalRasha build.
Anyways, if you enjoy the journey of making your own build and want to do GR100+ you may want to start a LoN or LoD (better) wiz, you will certainly enjoy it. The journey worth the effort. If you need help leveling LoD gem add me MrMakarov#1779

1 Like

Put Squrit´s Necklace instead of Tal Rasa ammy
Put Tal Rasha belt and cubed Hergbrash in cube
Changed Focus+Restraint for Convention of Elements and Halo Of Karini
In Passive Skills: changed Glass Cannon for Audacity (Audacity gives for free 30% damage in close range vs only 15% damage and damage reduction of Glass Cannon)
Skills:
Changed Ice Armor for Storm Armor-Scramble (more movement speed, Halo of Karini, 80% defence)
Primary attack: Spectral Blade-Ice Blade (Ice)
Secondary: Arcane Torrent-Flame Ward (Fire, 25% damage eduction)
Teleport-Calamity (Arcane)
Meteor- Thunder Crash (Lightning)
Magic Weapon-Deflection (defense, combines with your gem)
After changes: GR90 in 6:30 min and only 2 deaths (vs 10min and almost 10 deaths)
Hope it helps.
Good luck!

1 Like

ok so gr 90 that is awesome i am thankful it went that far up… right now im at gr 76 as my highest. so im climbing that ladder it just may take me a little bit to get to gr 90 but…

you know you messed it all up by changing it… see the freeze spell is suppose to be there. that way if an enemy jumps in real close outta no where(which they happen to do) you got time to kill that enemy before you die. so no your wrong about how the setup is supposed to go.

plus some of the monsters you face in a solo game can kill you… going up against them can be deadly… i know what your talking about… monsters can 1 hit kill ya… gotta watch out for those.

actually you messed up so big by changing out the necklace because you dont have the set bonuses anymore. squirts necklace cant be used because the only spot open would be the spot the etched sigil is at. you missed a critical thing right there.

changing out the belt would make you lose mp real fast. if you start changing the setup then you wont get to gr90 + because the d3 planner says this way is able to do that.

also i never asked anyone to change my setup i asked how good it was going to do me at higher gr’s so no more input and thanks for letting me know it was gr 90 + that is all i needed.

First time I tried with exactly all skills and items as I saw in your profile and I got to GR90 but died quite frequently. But it was, again, strictly as your TELLAH wiz, no changes at all. And GR90 was the answer to your question.
Then just out of curiosity I did some changes and tried again and liked the results. I´m not telling you to change something in your build, it´s yours and you play it your way.
About Ice Armor, it works well with Crystalize rune (each time an enemy hits you with a melee attack your armor will increase 20% for a maximum of 60%) but you have equipped Chilling Aura which only slows them. Ice Armor with Crystalize and the ring Halo Of Arlyse actually works wonders for what you said: “…the freeze spell is suppose to be there. that way if an enemy jumps in real close outta no where(which they happen to do) you got time to kill that enemy before you die”. Halo of Arlyse gives you 60% melee damage mitigation and freezes enemies (Frost Nova skill is automatically cast when someone hits you). You can just try it and see if it works for you. However, it will require to change your rings Focus and Restrant for Halo of Arlyse and Convention of Elements (very good damage boost) or to equip TalRasha belt and cube the Hergbrash and Halo of Arlyse (you will still have very good damage mitigation, will freeze enemies, tank some bosses and no need to change Focus and Restraint rings). You can try that out and see if it works for you, dont like it dont use it. I think that way you have no need to change anything (maybe just Frozen Storm rune for Crystalize).
“…actually you messed up so big by changing out the necklace because you dont have the set bonuses anymore. squirts necklace cant be used because the only spot open would be the spot the etched sigil is at. you missed a critical thing right there.”
-wrong. No big “messed up” and no critical errors here. Let me explain. If you replace belt for Tal Rasha belt and cube the Hergbrash belt (the one you said “changing out the belt would make you lose mp real fast” about) you will still have full set bonus but neclace spot will be free for Squirt´s Neclace. The neclace replaces the effect of damage that Focus and Restrain gives you, Convention of Elements ring gives even more damage and works very well with TalRasha meteors, Halo of Karini or Halo of Arlyse rings are for defense.

“…if you start changing the setup then you wont get to gr90 + because the d3 planner says this way is able to do that.”
D3planner was only used to see your profile, because here you can´t see it. D3planner as far as I know will not tell you how far a certain build can go. As I said before - I played it myself with exactly your build to tell you how far it can go. Then I played it with some changes/tweaks and shared my experience and opinion. Never said that you need to change something, just said what I changed and how it worked for me.

“… also i never asked anyone to change my setup i asked how good it was going to do me at higher gr’s so no more input and thanks for letting me know it was gr 90 + that is all i needed.”
-ok. No problem. I wish you good luck and to enjoy your D3 journey.

1 Like