I must be missing something about how skills work

Hi folks. I’m fervently hoping somebody can help me. I’m clearly screwing up the way I choose and use my skills, but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. My guy is a barbarian; the skills I have are: Primary - Frenzy, which defaults to the fifth slot; Tactics - Threatening Shout (Slot 6) and Battle Rage ( Slot 1); Rage - Call of the Ancients (2) and Earthquake (4) ; and Might - Avalanche (1). Problem is, when I trigger one these skills, it seems to lock out the rest; that is, if I trigger, say, Earthquake, and the try to activate, say, Frenzy, I get a message that Frenzy is “Not Ready”, and I know Frenzy is supposed to be triggered more than once, and to stack. So…I tried putting Frenzy in a different slot (but still Primary) and now it’s not adding “Fury” as it’s supposed to; in fact, I can’t get any Fury, even if I’m fighting. I acknowledge I’m an idiot, but can somebody please, please help me?

With exception to battle rage and frenzy, all of the other skills have cooldowns. When you say you are “triggering” Frenzy, are you holding the button down? Its usually on the left mouse button and you just hold it down. Unless you are just tapping it immediately after hitting earthquake/avalanche? You might be trying to hit another skill during the animation of another… but one animation only takes a couple seconds, if that.

1 Like

Try this guide:

Try going into your options and selecting Elective Mode so you can map your skills the way you like.

I already have Elective Mode on, I’m afraid. Things have actually gotten worse. I tried moving my skills to different slots, to see if that would help, and somehow - I’ve no idea what I did to cause it - Call of the Ancients has started popping up, not only when I’ve called it up, but when I haven’t activated any skill at all except for my most basic sword-swinging. I’m getting truly down about it. Still, Synamin (great name, by the way) thank you very much.

1 Like

Did you accidentally bind some keys to other keys? Check your keybindings and select “default”, see if that fixes anything.

2 Likes