I know this sounds crazy

Okay you guys…

I know you’re going to think this is crazy, but please be open minded. I’ve done my own research on this, everyone who makes these posts gets shut down. But maybe someone still knows something I don’t, and I’d like to bounce some ideas.

Plain and simply, I think I do not have the ability to receive primal items.

I’ve been playing pretty steadily for the last month. I have never seen a single red boarded item, or pentagram on my mini map, or any primal items at all dropped to me. My buddy who I play with in the same room every day at the same time has received about 10+.

Okay okay, so its the drop rate right? Well, I completed a solo GR70 and a primal did not drop, that’s the clearest indicator I think there is.

I’ve seen rebuttals to these posts “well if your able to carry more then 1200 blood shards – then you can receive primals!’’ or ''if you have the GR70 achievement, you can receive primals!” … but I’m telling you… something is going on with my account and I am not receiving any.

I made a ticket. They replied saying they are too busy, but if I reply to them they said they will investigate with a GM and get back to me so I’m just waiting.

But in the mean time, for my sanity I just wanted to ask; has anyone ever ran into this problem? I find it pointless to play until this is fixed.

The guaranteed primal on the first gr70 solo completion is for seasonal only. If you did it on non-season, you aren’t guaranteed a primal.

Back when paragon was a lot more difficult to get, I completed my gr70 around p400 and didn’t get any primals until I was p900. It was on a support character for a class I usually don’t play. Ended my season. Sometimes, it can just take forever to get one, then you will get two in the same gr.

Since 99.9% of primals are either straight out trash legendaries, or ones you want with terrible rolls, I wouldn’t focus my entire enjoyment out of this game around getting primals. If you do, you are probably going to be just about disappointed about all the bad ones you get as you are for not getting any.

8 Likes

Infernal hails, thanks for the reply.

Yes I am currently in S22 with GR70 completed. Before the season started I played religiously, too, no primals anywhere.

I would accept the drop rate thing, but the fact that it didnt drop is really disheartening, it should have.

Thanks for the encouragement on the primals being trash thing.

You shouldn’t feel that way dude. I know it is really exciting to get a primal, and really cool to get one that you can use. But for the majority of us it isn’t going to give all that much more than the feeling of “o damn I got a perfectly rolled primal of my required weapon”. Meaning the part where not having a primal but having a well rolled ancient is keeping you from reaching one more GR level is not something we reach. Even top tier players get by.

Hope you get one soon though. Hope you get your entire build primals. Sounds like you deserve a few of them.

4 Likes

Remember, it’s better to get a good ancient than a useless primal.
I would not stress too much, primals are nice but they hardly affect your gameplay at all. But i wish you luck in getting them :blush:

6 Likes

I don’t quite get the obsession with Primals

4 Likes

No, I feel for you as it may be just awful luck, but on the bright side 99.5% of them are absolute sh!t so you are not missing much. Apart from a 15 soul boost :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In all the time I have played seasonal, I have received exactly one Primal Ancient item I could actually use. I think it was Dead Man’s Legacy, but I can’t remember exactly. Point is…I still had fun on all those seasons, and some of them I did far better than I thought I would.

It would be nice to be able to get something you can use, but I wouldn’t pin all my hopes on it. In our house, primals are something to joke about. “Wow, a primal Blackthorne. Drop everything so you can use that game-ending item!” We just don’t expect them to be useful.

For your specific situation, it does seem a little weird. Not too long ago, I posted on a similar thread about primals being too rare. I’ll say the same thing here, because you proved my point: Primal drop rates are too low. So low, in fact, that I have talked with players who don’t even believe they’re a real thing.

When I say that, the most common response I get is “looool, y not just give every player 100% primals hurr durr”. That’s not the point. Even if they raised the drop rate by 10x, they’d still be rare enough and there’s still no guarantee they’d be of any use.

I’ll go another direction with it: I really wanted to play an Unhallowed Essence Demon Hunter this season. I was curious to see how beneficial the fourth slot would be. What did I get instead? Literally every other set in the game. I had a complete Shadow set and was well on my way to completing Gears of Dreadlands, because of how loopy the loot system is. Gambled for them. Same story. Upgrade rare? 4 Marauders in a row, 3 Shadows. Something’s wrong with those numbers.

Once I finally did get UE to drop, the pieces started raining down on me. Thing is…only the pieces I already had. I had to convert set item in the Cube to complete it, and even then, the helm wouldn’t drop for hours. Others will call this an irregularity or just RNG, but it happens with every character, with every set I am collecting. Nothing random operates with this level of reliability.

How many of those items from other sets were ancient? I want to say at least 25-30% of them. Didn’t count, but that feels about right. Now look at the number of ancients for the Unhallowed Essence items I did manage to get. 0%. I usually get at least one Unhallowed Essence piece after every GR (gambling with Kadala), but still no ancients. Been trying for 2 days. Lots of ancients for other sets, but not this one.

All of that data tells me one thing: When you do get lucky enough to roll an Ancient or Primal Ancient, you’re not getting an item you want. When you do get an item you want, it’s not going to be Ancient or Primal Ancient. Not unless you play all day, every day, all season long.

It’s more likely to win the lottery while being struck by lightning. Twice. Oh, and the lightning is also made of winning lottery tickets.

Translation: Don’t worry about it. If you focus too much on what you’re not getting, you’ll stop enjoying the game. It happens to my significant other every season. She tries so hard to get things together and just ends up frustrated because of it.

2 Likes

If you completed a solo gr70 within the 15 minute time frame in S22 and did not receive a primal, then I would probably post something in the bug report forum too, you might get a quicker response.

Quick question, are you on console or PC? Only asking because I have not had this happen to me or any of my friends/clan mates on PC. I don’t play console, so it might be a console only issue.

Playing for the last month? But S22 is only 6 days old…

1 Like

It only works for the season, & first class that hit level 70 (or higher) GR.

Can you confirm you play season & a primal did not drop when you clear level 70?

My knee-jerk reaction would be - you’re just unlucky. I mean, it’s not inconceivable that somehow the game thinks that you’ve not cleared a GR70 but if that’s the case, it sounds like a one of a kind bug to be quite honest.

Since you didn’t say that you wouldn’t get your guaranteed primal this season, I assume you got one?

It’s possible you skipped it. I have no idea what my S21 Primal was, for instance. I assume it dropped, but I glanced over them all in my inventory, decided they were crap, and sold them all without even identifying them.

My primals this season so far…

1. Bone King’s two handed mace
  2. A piece of Blackthorne’s
  3. Compass Rose, with STR / VIT / CDR / Movespeed / Socket

The third one I’ve kept, as if I re-roll the Movespeed to AS I suppose it’d work for my non-seasonal Invoker when the season ends. So, as others have said, just because an item’s red doesn’t mean it’s useful.

3 Likes

The voice of reason, as always.

Did you beat the GR70 in time or did you beat the GR 70 RG after the time expired?
Does your character have a leaf next to the profile?
How much of the seasonal journey have you completed?

My season 22 Primal did not have a red beam or a pentagram on the map. I knew that I’d get it in that rift and I saw a red bordered unidentified item when I picked up my loot. I can see someone mass salvaging legendary items and missing a Primal if it was something trhat is normally insta-salvage.

3 Likes

Is that you Bravata / Naysayer / ???

1 Like

It’s kind of a good thing that primals aren’t better than ancient (besides their inherent maximized affixes that is), and as a result mandatory. I can only imagine the rampant waves of complaints from players all because they either can’t find the primal item they need or the item in question had rolled terribly.

It isn’t, actually. I know there’s no way to (dis)prove that, but it’s basically on you as to whether you believe me.

Honestly, I think his posts are only there to cause a fight, so I’ve stayed out of it for the most part. This forum gives us a chance (albeit a very, very small one) to actually effect change for the positive. I don’t want to waste it with pointless trolling.

EDIT: Just saw the post this reply was posted for. Meteorblade and I don’t always agree, but I find him to be mostly logical in his statements. I realize that my response to his last post might have been misinterpreted as sarcasm. It wasn’t.

Does that help to clear things up?

1 Like