I keep getting kicked from the game everytime i do bounties

I don’t know if it’s a DDoS attack or something but i would like to know why im getting kicked from the servers that blizzard owns, and it’s not just diablo it’s WoW and almost every other Blizzard game im being disconnected from every 5-10 minutes. if someone can look into this and tell me whether or not they’re having the same problem that would be great.

I’m getting kicked every 5 to 10 minutes also.
It brings me back to the character screen.
Unable to complete a full bounty…
Good stable connection, low latency 83ms… then ranom kicks me back to character screen.

does it do this to you in other Blizzard games? because all my steam games that are online seem to work just fine. like i said before it’s only the Blizzard games that are giving me the issue.

Hey, JohnnyReaper! There are no known issues at the moment with connecting to Blizzard services. We would see many more reports if this was the case. With the disconnections happening pretty consistently and only with Blizzard services, it’s likely some sort of mitigation, DHCP lease setting, or a connection routing issue to the game servers.

Do you experience any disconnection issues on an alternative connection or VPN? Is the Blizzard Application disconnecting as well when it happens?

Could you provide a WinMTR test? Run this test for 10 to 15 minutes while the disconnections happen. If the Blizzard Application is disconnecting, please use the IP address/host: us.actual.battle.net. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

@Armstrong, it looks like this might be a similar issue but likely a different cause from OP’s issue, could you start your own thread with the WinMTR test as well? We can look into these issues separately for now, but if there’s any common ground we can start tracking these constant disconnection issues.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                         router.asus.com -    0 |  309 |  309 |    0 |    1 |   43 |    1 |

|                             10.114.32.1 -    6 |  251 |  236 |    6 |   16 |  233 |    7 |

|                           100.127.73.38 -    6 |  259 |  246 |    7 |   17 |  216 |    9 |

|                           100.120.100.4 -    7 |  247 |  231 |    7 |   19 |  233 |   10 |

|                              68.1.4.252 -    6 |  251 |  236 |   19 |   29 |  243 |   21 |

|                           68.105.30.130 -    5 |  263 |  251 |   19 |   34 |  229 |   22 |

|              ae1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net -    5 |  263 |  251 |   19 |   40 |  288 |   52 |

|                           137.221.68.87 -    6 |  251 |  236 |   19 |   32 |  275 |   22 |

|        lax-eqla1-ia-bons-02.as57976.net -    6 |  251 |  236 |   20 |   30 |  229 |   23 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   63 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                            24.105.28.10 -    6 |  255 |  241 |   19 |   29 |  243 |   22 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Thank you, JohnnyReaper, for the WinMTR test! There’s a consistent amount of packet loss ranging from 5-7% throughout the test, after this hop:

This could mean that mitigation is set on the router/modem, settings like QoS (Quality of Service) or WMM (Wireless Multimedia) are currently enabled, or the connection may be throttled by the provider or somewhere between the home and ISP connection. It may help to check for those settings and disable them if enabled, but you’ll need to contact the ISP about the packet loss starting near the home connection.

Based on the test, an alternative connection or VPN should workaround the issue. There’s quite a few VPNs that are free or have a trial available until the issue is fully addressed. While not supported, if a VPN is the preferred option, it’s worth trying a few different locations (if available) to see which one gives the best stability and latency.

I’ve done everything i can to work around this It’s your servers and problem…Now fix the issue or lose a Valued customer of 20+ years!

1 Like

The initial hop that is showing packet loss is in the 10.x.x.x address range, i.e. it’s your internal network. That’s very much outside of Blizzard’s responsibility and purview to resolve. Speak to your ISP and show them the trace and ask them to help.

1 Like

We have done everything suggested and we are still getting kicked and from your damn game. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM AT YOUR DAMN SERVERS. It is not the ISP its on you at Blizzard. I am tired of your bs fix arounds that don’;t do crap. Fix the damn problem with people getting disconnected from YOUR servers.

As technical support, we can offer troubleshooting and help diagnose technical issues with troubleshooting. We only provide technical support and we are not the developers or engineers. It’s up to you on what actions you’d like to take. There isn’t much more that Technical support can do otherwise if the suggestions provided are dismissed.

If this seems to be a problem with the servers, it’s best to refer to the #bug-report forums so the appropriate team can take a look at the servers.

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me, everytime i finish one set of bounties & go to tp back to base camp, bang disconnection. I have lost so many bounties its not funny.

“We would see many more reports if this was the case.”
yeah you are having more reports about this, Im having the same problem. So you can stop giving IT solutions and fix the servers. The rest of my internet connection even with other Blizzard games is perfect, even in Diablo its okay except when Im doing bounty quests, this is happening for the last 3 days for me… its definitely something on your end.