I got kicked out after dropping bounties

before I could pick up the stuff I dropped

3 Likes

Your not providing much information here. Do you know if you got kicked from a vote kicked or kicked from a disconnection? If it was from a vote kick then you proabaly did someting to upset the other party memebers, there are some “common courtesy” you may need to learn. If it was a disconnection then most likely its your ISP or D3 servers just decided to have a tiny siezure, you may need better internet and/or internet equipments.

2 Likes

Indeed although in pubs, there can be other motives besides just “common curtesy”. There are some asinine things that people get bent out of shape with and go to the extreme.

My internet has acted up today which never had problems before with disconnection. I’m assuming it’s on my end though as I haven’t seen a plethora of other posts with disconnection issues.

1 Like

Common courtesy? I might boot someone AFK or ninjas a goblin shrine, but there’s not much else I’d really be worried about.

how did you drop bounties? I thought they don’t drop at all. You just get them in your inventory after completing the whole act’s bounties and talking to the NPC in town.

Unless your inventory’s full. Then they drop to the ground.

1 Like

Which means he was picking up trash he shouldn’t be picking up, which resulted in him making multiple trips to town and falling behind.

So they had enough of him and booted him.

6 Likes

dropping bounties? is that as in you start a bounty and find it’s too much work and then TP to another one, and so on…

and after people notice you keep TP’ing to bounty maps, but never finishing any…

We have a winner.

To OP, some courtesy guidelines:

Don’t pick up trash loot. If you are in public games - speed is the key thing. No pub group wants players staying in town salvaging, identifying or window shopping. Farm on your own time.

If you pick up some legendaries, throw them in stash (ID later) and get back into the chase.

Leave room in your inventory for caches to appear in. If no room they fall on the ground and you might miss them. Open them later, also.

Speed is every thing in split bounties and groups will kick players who they feel aren’t contributing to the ‘efficiency’ of the run.

6 Likes

I think he meant, he opened the caches. In PC, you open the caches all the stuff winds up on the ground and you have to pick it up.

Now, maybe, he could have opened a cache after completing a set of bounties and was going through the process of picking up the stuff. One of the others saw him messing around in town, when he should have been helping with other unfinished acts and initiated a vote kick.

But that’s all conjecture, because he hasn’t been back to the thread since the OP.

3 Likes

Good advice:
Pick up your stuff from cache in Private Match. No interfering will happens from other.
Open only one at a time and go immetly after bounty materials before everything else. This way, if you disconnect from server, you only loose the crap.

Or better, fill a hole Stash side with cache and Open 5 cache bags at a times, to speed up the process…

Extra important now that we’re getting double bounties, so twice the inventory space.

I barely stop for DBs or even dropped Legs in Bounties.

What irritates me is when you find someone going after the same bounty you are, save at the very end. Heck, it’s irritating when they’re in the same act!

3 Likes

Guys, just inspect him real quick and you’ll easily figure out what happened.
He got kicked, because his build is bad for bounties… and after people realized, that they carried him, they decided to grief him.

@OP… what you can do is google some speed builds, try and assemble some decent gear, do split bounties and you wont get kicked.

1 Like

Picking up the cache takes 7 seconds. 5 for the TP and 2 to run to Casti…erm, Tyrael to pick it up.

Then head to the next undone act/bounty until you’ve all finished. Empty your inventory when there are no bounties left.

1 Like

If you did nothing wrong and they kicked you, just feels bad man. Although this is something that doesn’t occur very often. To have 3 people kick you for no reason. This has happened to me only once in the 3 years that i play becuase i killed a blue goblin without writing in the chat “hey come here gelatinous goblin”. That was their excuse for kicking me. Cause they lost 5 leg drops and 20 dbs.

People usually vote to kick someone who is not contributing to the rest of the team. There are some “unwritten” rules when you do bounties but you learn them as you play. Focusing on speed and efficiency is the top priority. As opposed to sitting in towns for 2/3 of the total time it takes for the other 3 to clear their acts, taking too long to finish quests either becuase your character is too week and gets one shotted by everything, or you just focus on irrelevant stuff (like going out of your way to find goblins, shrines, key wardens), taking too long to decline an event like a boss fight , etc… I 've even seen people occasionally leave their quests half finished and go back to the town to open a rift.

1 Like

Kicking a non-contributing player is not griefing.

6 Likes

boo whoo. cry some more.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even bother clicking on a goblin shrine doing public bounties let alone telling people about it. Negligible benefits. Edit: nor a Gelatinous Sire.

Tell people about it and after runs are over if everyone wants to go back for it then do it. But certainly not during the bounty run itself.

1 Like