I feel somewhat sorry for the Vault Peons

Because:

1. They have to work for and around Greed. That can’t be pleasant.
  2. They have to sort and count the loot, all day, every day, but never get to spend any.
  3. In between the endless sorting, stacking, and moving the piles, they get harrassed and abused by the Vault Sentries.
  4. They don’t even get to leave the Vault, like the Treasure Goblins do. (Unless the most capable of the Peons get selected to be the Goblins.)
  5. When they manage to ignore the first four, along comes a Nephalem “hero” to kill everyone and steal everything they can carry.
  6. Their only consolation is a faint, unlikely hope of being reborn as an Oppressor, Mallet Lord or Terror demon, instead of eternal toil at the bottom of the hierarchy.
5 Likes

At least they are not trapped in a chamber with Ghom: “Though his voracious appetite is certainly his greatest weapon, his bile and, well… “other” noxious excretions are equally lethal.” :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Peons Unite!
Oh, and also, we need to hire some Nephalem bodyguards!

Those poor peon’s better form a union before someone on the forum makes an issue out of it.

3 Likes

It’s good to see someone add a little humor to these forums. (So, I hope you don’t take the following comments too seriously).

They’re Demons. They probably enjoy the suffering.

Same as above.

Besides, what do they have to spend it on? (They take whatever they want).

They love it! (They’re Demons).

Not true. They get to leave The Vault often, to accompany the Insufferable Miscreants. Of course, it’s only to serve as cannon fodder. But, because they’re Demons, they are “proud to serve”.

They exist only to torment, destroy and loot the bodies of the innocent they or their masters have slain. They get what they deserve. (As a fellow Nephalem, I say: “Kill them all and let Tyrael sort them out”).

That would be: The bottom of The Burning Hells. Where all Demons belong. No matter what their station is.

@NomdeNomdeNo, Thanks for the laugh.  

@All: Good luck and good hunting in Season 28!  

One way or another, we all work for Greed, and yes, it is unpleasant.

It’s all fine, they birth into this, they don’t know any better. They are haveing a blast let me ashure you.

But thanks for you concern. On your way out, please leave all your valuables behind. Much appreciated. Bye! :smiling_imp:

And some on these forums feel that unions were birthed in the burning hells, so Peon unionization might be the natural progression.