I don't understand why nobody is playing the best build

I see a lot of multi-shot marauders, which is okay i guess if you want simple and lazy, but Cluster is far superior, but then again i don’t see anyone even playing it properly. Literally using the wrong bow. Yangs for Cluster pushing? Yikes… I’ll probably have to do it myself to prove i’m right to people who can’t do simple mechanics math and call me wrong, but i’m going for #1 lvl 99 D2R ladder atm and dont have time.

Why is everyone gearing wrong for Marauders maximum push?

Edit:
i’m afraid i’m not going to be taken seriously, since there are so many trolls in these forums, so i’ll give a basic outline of gear while i wait for D2R servers to work since they are always breaking.

You need to be wearing Manticore…
You need to cube Odyssy’s End. or vice versa
You need to be wearing Zoeys
You need to cube Aquila
You need to be wearing Cindercoat
You need to be wearing Wraps

im pretty sure the rest is obvious but you may ask if you’re kinda new

If you don’t like the Yangs build than why don’t you quit?

5 Likes

I like Yang’s, not only because it is lazy, but because it is more fun for me. One button and the screen dies. Everything. And, if it does not, I press the button again and then they die. I don’t have to be particularly careful unless there are wallers or a very tight corridor. And that’s why I take Tumble to reposition and murderate at leisure.

I also do not care for any sort of “optimal” build as that means something to someone else. I am only trying to ensure I get pleasure from my D3 experience.

Plus, I don’t have to collect much more gear if I get bored of Marauder and want to go back to UE Multishot.

1 Like

Builds evolve and theory crafting means you make changes, sometimes weird looking changes, that can result in a better result.

As to your list here, that’s not what I would do even if I were to not use Yang’s and Crimson.
The best cube weapon is Dawn tho Odyssey’s End is an interesting option.
Wearing Zoey’s usually stinks because the difference between 8.x and 9 is actually quite significant.
Aquilla’s is worthless, even with Cindercoat. I’d use Witching Hour.
Anyone not wearing Wraps is probably using the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac to keep up Vengeance Dark Heart and that makes Wraps not necessary (depending on toughness).

Please feel free to post your best clear with your proposed build.

how so? it will always be active in this build. it’s better defense than crimsons

Even with Yang’s and Crimson, which provide much more RCR than Cindercoat, I never have over 90% hatred when blasting CA. I can’t imagine a playstyle that could keep it up without taking a huge damage loss.

2 Likes

The only way Aquila can be “always active” is when playing with a pure generator spam build such as HA, even with careful management a spender build will inevitably dip below the margin.

1 Like

Some people claim to be able to do stuff but can’t back up the claims, whereas others do stuff and post receipts. As an example, the EU, HC, S26, solo DH, Rank 1 GR140 clearance was made using Multishot Marauder…

2 Likes

It works also with Shadow build running crimson set (dropping the vault belt) if you play high enough to get hatred back. With standard shadow build Aquilas will flicker.

even for those who arent as mechanically talented enough to use Aquila, you could go slightly less optimal and just cube Cindercoat and Elusive ring while wearing 6 piece, but like i said, slightly less optimal but out performs anything multishot. the damage and defense both are just greater. Also note that Cindercoat does double dip with this build, i know my stuff i am a literal mathematician irl.

Bravata, I use Odyssey. What do I get for being first to succeed?

My wall can fit a plaque up to 36 inches, either dimension. Otherwise an honorable mention at the next ceremony will do nicely.

3 Likes

im checking profile now, one sec

edit: alright alright alright good job few different choices in there but i see where you were goin and i dont think they are wrong. i’ll have to consider you a top tier player from now on.

1 Like

Show me where Manticore has around 50% resource cost reduction on it then you would have a point. And I am not talking about legendary power. Instead Manticore has to have it as an affix like Yang’s.

Add not only Crimsons defense from resource cost reduction. But also add in the resource cost reduction of Yang’s as well as any other resource cost reduction you have in paragon points and other pieces of gear that happen to have it on them.

Manticore has 50% RCR for CA only. It is in the description of the item. CA costs less hatred with Yang than MS. With Topaz you can spam it for 30+ seconds or more. Feels like unlimited hatred with Topaz and few addional rolls.

Manticore has also super low base Attack speed (1.1) - you’ll end up with 1.4. Hatred is manageable with Cinder. Sentries (cold) will cost alot hatred though. But cooldown should be quite long. Changed my d3 planner profile LfB now costs 9.53 hatred - which is 13.42 per second. You can hit hatred regen 10 (+1 templar, +1 pets, 2x 1.5) hatred regen rolls and you’ll get 50 hatred from pets every 30s - cooldowndownreduction. There is manual generator too and I believe there was a ressource potion.

It should be possible. But it will be kinda squishy and sentry placement is still a problem - you have use generator to get back at full hatred. Blood vengeance would help for Aquilas (175 hatred) - but it overall feels kinda clunky.

I have 71.9% RCR on my seasonal toon - way more toughness than 50% from Aquilas - and I even use esoteric until GR 127 with Paragon 1300. Cold has also the heal feature - with LfB you would need one LoH roll I guess. Maybe not with Templar - don’t know I use enchantress. Damage should be ok - xbow has higher Damage per hit. But you’ll lose CDR for wolf and vengeance and sentries take ages until all are up. Main problem is the squishyness - and 1.4 APS doesn’t feel right, IMO.

1 Like

you dont use polar sentry with this build, you use spitfire.

2 Likes