I did a Test with Inferno to see how bad it is

I used hero editor. I set all fire skills to lvl 20, and made Inferno lvl 99.
LVL 99 Inferno dmg =12,293-12,748
LVL 20 Fire Ball = 3,462-3,931
with 0% FCR, Fire ball still did more DPS vs a single target.

Instead of just buffing/fixing Inferno damage I think buffing the damage and adding a new mechanic to it would be great addition to the skill. Could be from making Inferno Burn enemies like a psn DoT, or maybe enemies that die by Inferno leave behind a patch of fire that burns enemies that stand in it, bigger the enemy bigger the patch of fire?
Or should we just leave it and forget this skill even exists like usual?

4 Likes

Its doing less dmg exactly because of that bug. Fix the bug and it will do more dmg. Its not just inferno btw, its arctic blast and diablo lightning inforno also.

5 Likes

either way it’s a bad skill, you have to move into melee range to use it and then it doesn’t do much. Maybe that’s the bug but if inferno is to work at all you would need to roast enemies quickly, or add a burning and terror effect so it damages over time and makes things run away

1 Like

I propose it takes synergy from lightning

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/121166-any-damage-stops-unit-damage-regeneration/ - One of the TAB cites to Inferno Bug, since the original citing is gone.
https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Inferno - Inferno Bug as listed on TAB wiki.

I’m pretty certain that AB (and Inferno) apply their damage every other frame (so actual damage is half displayed damage) – TAB Cite

Displayed fire damage per second is calculated based on bit damage being applied every frame (bit damage * 25/256), but actual fire damage per second is calculated based on bit damage being applied every other frame (bit damage * 25/512) – TAB Wiki

Hopefully VV/Blizzard decides to maybe fix Inferno among other DoT (Damage over Time) based skills.

3 Likes

Yes something must be done. I give some ideas again :
. Inferno (more damage per level, burning duration like it tens on after being hit and knockback per second while in the flame for example)
. Artic blast (more damage per level, freeze and slow after being hit like holy freeze aura)
. Blade sentinel (more dame per level, and since its dodgeable add a powerful open wounds with spectacular bleeding, a stun on hit and trigger inventory effects ?)
Such never used skills could be nice to rediscover.

:smiley:

From my bug list :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of those skills are fine in Nightmare, no need to fix them, they arent meant for end game PVM

Inferno… That waste of a skillpoint to get Meteor… Mmmm, Meteor.

1 Like