I cant get my Shotgun build to compete

i have a complete, but unperfected AoV shotgun build, but its just completely terrible compared to my also unperfected Akkhans Condemn build.
-GR105 with Condemn.
-GR90 with shotgun(and it isnt fun)
-GR100 with LoD Blessed Shield.

My main problem with AoV Shotgun is Wrath starvation and survivability.
What exactly keeps this build going? i must be missing something, cuz its bad.

Had the same feeling for me, need to align the way how you play it.
Had LoD BS build for me, loved the tankiness of him, but RGs getting longer and longer at higher levels.
Can not spam HF in Shotgun build, I think only for a short period of time when facing lot of mobs or Bosses.
Consider using 1 or 2 defensive gems, most suggest Esoteric, I use Gizzard beside it. Trapped remained. Not sure which gem I will take away when dps is not enough, doing 100-105 solo, no Ancient set at all for weeks, this is getting frustrated as hell.
You use Stone Gauntlet in Cube? Heard it is so good, but not worked for me, lot of stuck I get with it.
Meanwhile I use the Lazy version with Ivory Tower, that Blessed Ground melting mobs and Bosses down quickly too along the triggered HFs.
Maybe others can advice if hunting Elite is more efficient with Valor builds or better to clean the maps over GR100? When I played with WW Barb needed to put in Horse to follow him, but when I get the self confident faced bigger groups alone and most of the time somehow managed to down them.
I suggest to try both version and see which is working better for you.

Fist of the Heavens fissure rune (unless you’re using Darklight). Go to youtube and search some diablo 3 valor of aegis build guides.

You can try Lazy Shotgun.

https://www.d3planner.com/635938041

It’s more easier to play.