I am so happy that D4 is implenting progression like POE

I think the paragon board and more complex skill tree is a step in the right direction.

Finally some depth and build variety.

They are going back to their roots in D4 and this is a good thing I wonder if David Brevik is secretly helping them with this project?

3 Likes

Yeah so great… can’t wait to print out my build or try to wing-it and likely end up with a sub-par character. It is so rewarding and fun to build a character when just following a printed guide with no thought. Also great they said that once you reach end game it would be more efficient to just roll a new character rather than trying to fix your build. Wow that sounds like such fun! /s I love not being able to experiment without having to roll a new experiment character and have to level it all over again.

6 Likes

How many times do you want to respec? I’m pretty sure they made it clear that respec cost will go up each time you respec.

Here is the quote from the blog,

“It will be easy to do when you first start a character; as your character grows, the effort and cost required to respec will grow too. In the end-game, changing your build will require a significant investment, to appropriately match the time and effort you’ve put into defining your character.”

So to answer your question, I’d like to be able to respec a bit especially mid-game and end game to try out different skills, but you can’t without wasting gold or whatever the cost that goes up is. So you are forced to roll and level up experiment alt characters.

1 Like

That’s fine by me obviously. I don’t just pvp so doesn’t bother me.

The so called skill trees seem really lackluster, with zero depths and near-zero customization :confused:

That’s exactly why I’m not buying. And tell you what, Wolcen 4th chapter is going to be available March 15th (w/ new items, end game, their own Seasons and other reworks. They’ve really worked the bugs of the last 2 years. It’s a solid game and that’s what I’ll be playing along with D3 (until it gets old).

So, we won’t be seeing you on the D4 forum?

Not any time soon after release… hey, what are you getting at?

Just trying to see how many of the old timers from this forum will be moving over to the D4 forum on Friday.

From another thread;

It will be interesting to see how many old timers on the forum will be switching over to the D4 forum on Friday, and leveling the D3 forum behind for all the new D3 players who have jumped on in the last 3 weeks.

Who is they? Stop listening to they. They are stupid. Thats entirely false.

People like YOU listening to “they” are absolutely useless,spreading information thats entirely worthless like its fact.

I think it is the D4 developers who said that in the IGN video, but I may be wrong.

I promise that wasnt said.

It may have been mentioned it gets more expensive… sure… but you also get gold much faster, and just like every other diablo game, eventually end up really not caring or paying attention to it because youve got more than you could ever use.

The more efficient to just roll a new char is absolute bs, and so wrong its comical.

–Edit… Uhhhh allegedly.

Is it?

in D2, it is easier and more efficient to have 1 Summoner Necro and 1 Bone Spirit Necro ready than just respec your Necro to another build every time you need it for X contents.

Sure it takes a bit of time and effort to create a new character but ultimately it feels better in the long run than just respeccing 100 times.

1 Like

If (when) power leveling becomes something plausible, sure it may become more COVENIENT, but unil then, the comment I respoded to is dumb, and is vehemently incorrect.

100% correct some people really need to start paying attention :point_down:

“You can respec point by point and do so directly in the skill tree. …We’ve spent time making it a smooth process and that’s why [respeccing] is in the skill tree itself. Press one button to acquire a skill and the other button to refund the skill. You’re in the tree tweaking your points and don’t have to jump out and go to another menu.”

“The gold cost ramps up at some rate as you level up. At the early part of the game, it’s inexpensive – a very small gold cost. You can go: I’m going to try this skill and then, I don’t like that skill, so I’m going to try this more exciting one. You can go back and forth quite freely.”

“With gold cost going up over time [to respec], there’s going to be a point, say level 50, where you’ll say: I’d like to be a different build of Barbarian, but it’s going to be too expensive, so it might be better to start a fresh one. We wanted that notion that with each level, you’re getting more attached to your character and settled. You won’t, say, be level 65 and change your gear and become a different Barbarian. Cheap in the beginning, with lots of [skill] experimentation. If you’re level 90, you’re going to go: I don’t think I’m going to spend the million gold or whatever to change my build. There’s a sense of hardening cement and permanence the further you go into that character.”

• ROD FERGUSSON · GENERAL MANAGER OF DIABLO FRANCHISE
2 Likes

You do know you can get into the paid beta without preordering the game, right? :stuck_out_tongue:
Presumably also getting forum access if that is where they want people to talk about beta.

Not sure if serious, or trolling…

Yeah, it was said :point_down: Go to the 9:30 mark.

I’m not a fan of POE. Part from the horribly ugly visual style, POE also has an odd progression system, talent page, and holes in gear where you put gems in and these gems are skills??? I’m like why? Why are skills tied to gems??? And then there’s that constellation of skill tree that’s full of holes that I can’t help but think that the POE devs must have a kinky obsession of tropophobia.

2 Likes