Huge Nerf Coming!

And for some reason they now felt the need to nerf the Gazing Demise…
R.I.P. this extremely fun build

1 Like

It’s only a few GR levels. It’s not that big a deal. If you want to see something horrid, look at the DH Gears nerf. They eviscerated the build.

Well, I guess it depends on the perspective.

Removing 2/3 of the damage
or to put it another way
Removing 300% damage
(equiv of a perfect roll Ring of Emptiness)

in addition this is after already previously nerfing the build in the past… leaves this build considerably weaker… I think it is more than just a few GRs

2 Likes

(100% +150%) / (100% + 450%) = ~0.4545…

Little over half of the power is gone, meaning about 5GRs drop only. It’s far from dead, people.

According to Rhykker’s S22 Tier list:

of WD builds in the “S” Tier = 1 (Mundunugo Set)

of WD builds in the “A” Tier = 0

of WD builds in the “B” Tier = 1 (both are Poison Dart variants)

ALL the others are in the “C” and “D” Tiers

I would argue we are not talking about “up to 5” GRs lost, we are talking about at LEAST 5 GRs lost… remember this is now the 2nd nerf to this set…

AND, without the 4th cube slot we are talking about a far higher reduction in GRs… which specifically means (if you know this build well enough) that you lose Sacred Harvester which means 5 stacks vs 10 stacks, which = 30% less damage reduction that will certainly mean more than 5 GRs in total impact…

Which places this set into the “B” Tier list AT BEST, maybe “C” Tier… leaving ZERO WD builds in either the “A” or “S” tiers.

All without justification… it is definitely killing this build…no question…

3 Likes

Yes unfortunately it is not only 5 grs because before, with the 3 phantasms you had easier time to make an area of effect explosion and blow up 3 times the stuff. Three explosions with x damage is better than one explosion with 3x damage. The worst thing, and mark my words, is that they are going to realize that this is bad and undo it only too late. Maybe in season 24 and just like that all our gazing demises become legacy cause they will get stuck with the crappy one explosion. That is so cheap in my opinion. Either way this is going to hurt wd so much. They were not even the top class in s22 and that is with 3 weapons (2 cube + voos juicer). And still no fix to the issue that you need 1 weapon and 1 bracers plus the crimson set and therefore one ring sacrificed to received the generic dmg reduction that any other class gets with one slot and maybe one passive.

2 Likes

Updated PTR patch notes are out… They did not listen, this build is as good as dead.

2 Likes

I would be really shocked if they did. I mean let us hope they balance wd even more next season cause mundu is stronger than blackthorne right now <=> nerf mundu

1 Like

I don’t understand the logic… The game is extremely unbalanced as it is… and always has been TBH… If their goal was to make “all sets equal” (this is the exact quote from the developers: Developer’s Note: Mundunugu’s Regalia is overperforming compared to other sets. This change to Gazing Demise should simplify the gameplay mechanic while reducing its damage output.) then how on earth would nerfing this set accomplish it? The other sets are still not going to be used because they were left behind…

What is being simplified? You hold down the [Sprit Barrage] key now, you will still hold down the key after this nerf… the only thing I can think of would be potentially a reduction of mana usage due to less attack speed… which isn’t even a problem.

If you wish to compare this set to others sets (Why are you comparing to other sets anyway? How about comparing to other classes?!?) then it doesn’t take a genius to see that ALL other sets are way underpowered… and therefore all other builds are not used.

Would it not make more sense to buff those other set up to the levels of the Mundunugo set so that WD players have MORE CHOICES for VIABLE BUILDS?!?

Necromancers are waaay overpowered compared to all other classes yet they do nothing about it…

I just don’t get it at all

2 Likes

Yeah i also think that they mean “compared to other wd sets” (not other classes) which is arguably even worse cause the bar is set so high now the last few seasons that if you compare anything to old wd sets, every build will seem godly.

Obvisously they need to make a total rework to the class, most builds are either squishy, deal no damage, have no place in groups, have no speed or all of the aforementioned. I am saying that cause if we ever get some reworks i can see me playing the hell out of a zunimassa build if it had any good mobility like the bloodrush of necro paired with an item to make you fly around.

Unfortunately i don’t see them ever doing that cause they don’t realize the class. For them it’s like they put someone in charge who checks the leaderboards every now and then and see what has good or bad clear times and nerf or buff accordingly. And by the way the leaderboards alone is not a 100% accurate indicator. What if someone actually is the best player in the world and has more than 10 k paragons and cleared a 150? Does that tell you everyghing? And by they way these leaderboards are not updated. WD got a big nerf since then and got dethroned instantly. They don’t play the class to realize it has so many issues right now, like the lack of mobility, diversity (every build uses at least the 4 same skills), speed, toughness, need to sacrifice half your items to survive, etc. etc… If they played the class (or any class) they would know that you can’t afford to lock 2 items (1 of them being a weapon) for every damn build to not get one shotted and they would have acted accordingly providing a solution a long time ago. Damage of mundu was the only thing that was good for this class and they are chipping away at it every season.

1 Like

Maybe they are still making money selling the necromancer expansion? I can’t think of any other reason.

1 Like

Agree… and this is a really huge flaw in game balance for a multi-class aRPG… not to mention that (a) Everyone else who does not play Necro also paid for not only the base game, but also for the expansion (and many also paid for fluff items such as pets/wings through other methods such as Blizzcon tickets) and (b) MANY people paid for the Necro pack and do not even play Necro…

3 Likes

I’m not sure why people in this thread are saying “everyone could see this nerf coming”. WD’s were not overperforming to the point that they could even remotely compete with classes at the top. I mean, Necromancers had 129 grift 150 clears at the end of the season… WD… zero.

This is very disappointing to me.

3 Likes

this is exactly what you SHOULDN’T be doing…

besides that you don’t need sacred harvester, you can compensate the missing damage with voo’s juicer. if you don’t spend 99.9% of the time in spirit walk, you are playing the build the wrong way…

just for the lolz I tried a 130 a couple of days ago (I never played it solo in high gr before) and I completed it on the first try, without power and no conduit. this build currently still has 140 solo potential, so we can still expect it to be good for 130-135 after the gazing demize nerf, especialy with the new followers that will give at least 2grs for free

I can understand how you can have almost permanent time with spirit walk with grave injustice passive when you speed for example. But what can you do in high grs where stuff do not die easily?

Also give necros or wizs gr 135 potential clears and not 150 and see how they react lol. They are already mad cause rathma went from broken unkillable oneshotting gr150 in 11 minutes to simply lower S/higher A tier. The difference between wd and other traditional dps builds is chaotic right now. Firebird has 10 different setups that can do a gr150. Twisters, hydras both lod and sets and vyr, they are above 145. Necro, apart from ttagouls, everything else is capable of 140+ and more than half of them capable of gr 150. I am not saying nerf them. I am not that kind of player. I only ask for a wd buff. Cause it doesnt sound that unreasonable to have another class that can do a gr150 with one build. Even with double the paragons and double the keys… Cause yeah that’s another thing. If we are going to see a gr150 ever from wd it would be after burning of thousands of keys while the others do way more effortlessly. We let them ruin wd and dh this season and they will do the same thing next season to barb’s and monk’s strongest build.

trash will alwas die quick, even in a gr137 > youtube.com/watch?v=AhfB3cOTvz8&t=227s

Great video. I totally played my WD wrong for an entire season. I might have to try him again next season, even with the nerfs.

it will still be strong in the next season because of the follower buffs (you won’t need spirit vessel and can use a dmg passive)

1 Like

for nostalgic reasons I will re-use my gazing demise from 2017:

imgur. com/a/JQ6yaHy

I finally found a Wormwood. Now, I want to use it. Considering WD as my third character this upcoming season.