Hows the buffed Corpse Explosion?

Surprised at the lack of excitement over the massive buff this classic and satisfying skill is getting , especially with the gauntlets buff too.

How does it perform? Tbh the CE + gauntlet buffs is the main reason I’m excited for the patch /S21

Pretty Bloody Weak Sauce

What?

Didnt base damage on it’s own triple ? Plus gauntlets doubled its bonus ?

I just cleared GR101 with LoD corpse explosion and corpse lance build . I’m hoping with 3x base damage plus 2x gauntlets buff that will take me at least 10 more Gr levels

1 Like

GR100 isnt impressive its Weak.

When you focus on 2 different skills you can not achieve maximum potential of either. Either choose CL or CE and max it out, not both.

Problem is corpse explosion is my favorite skill in the game, but corpse lance outperforms it. I’m curious with this buff if I can finally drop corpse lance and just play CE. I love CL too but if I had to choose I’d prefer CE

Man… Are LoD builds still going to outperform Sets?

Personally i cant enjoy CL or CE build cause it relys heavily on LotD to provide corpses. I find myself running around dying 1 shot when i dont have corpses, and I find myself without corpses very often. I wish they added a new legendary power where there’s another source of corpses or something…

I hear you. I have the Golem pants , flesh golem rune, the Moribund gloves, and GoS + tons of cooldown and its still not enough

I will say though with the buff to CE maybe the tanky inarius might be useful now

1 Like

i never enjoyed necro at all due to the reliance on LOTD to provide corpses.

yeah. they should either provide a rune for lotd with no cooldown eg: consume all essence, the cooldown of LOTD is now reduced to 10 seconds

or an item abilty
each time you , your skeletons, golems, simulacrums take damage, gain a corpse token. if there are no corpses on screen, you can cast a corpse skill by consuming a corpse token.

1 Like

Or a bracer that reduces LOTD cooldown by 1 second each time you kill an enemy , basically the same as the Mess (sp) legendary weapon but affects on LOTD and is on a bracer or off hand for the Necro

1 Like

Its not weak. I would say it is quite well balanced now. Ofc the build is not op, i dont think it will be an op build if it gets some additional slight buffs. Very dependant on lotd and you need a time idling at the start of the rift to get Johnstone buff which I dont really like, but the dmg itself will not be weak after the patch. I hope some additional patch for its complicated mecha ism and dependence on lotd/Johnstone would follow up soon so that the build can replace rat runs in the next season.

This has always been my problem with builds relying on corpses. There needs to be a skill that provides corpses at will. Change one of the primary skills so it produces a corpse at your target each time it’s used.

1 Like