How to turn off Rhykker looking at me @ Launcher?

yeah, Rhykker’s guides arent good.

We need sVr’s guides or Rob’s.

4 Likes

Its too bad I Activision turned these forms into a hug box that does not allow down voting. You would be in the negative ratings for that snarky response if that was still allowed. Way to talk to your customers. :roll_eyes: Blizzard is just a name these days, the company that I grew up loving is dead replaced by a massively greedy and out of touch one run by non gamers.

6 Likes

We’re not her customers, we’re Blizzard’s customers. MissCheetah isn’t employed by Blizzard in any form. She’s just another player like you or me, only with a different hex value for her text.

2 Likes

She is likely employed to moderate the forms so that’s good enough for me.

1 Like

He does have this stare like you just told him something kinky and he likes it.

3 Likes

Here’s another way to get rid of the dumb ads and telemetry.
Edit your ‘hosts’ file and add the following:

127.0.0.1 content-ui.battle.net
127.0.0.1 telemetry-in.battle.net
127.0.0.1 images.blz-contentstack.com
127.0.0.1 bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net

Kills all the dumb “news” and garbage in the launcher.

1 Like

Nope. MVPs have zero moderation powers. In fact, the only default “ability” they have that others initially do not have when first starting to post to the new Discourse enabled fora is trust level 3, which allows for linking to any site without having to use encapsulating characters like this.

Most of the MVPs don’t even want moderation power. It’s a can of worms they’d rather let someone else deal with.

5 Likes

dawnload russian client
we still have season 17 start information in game site and no rykker

2 Likes

Why would you not want Rhykkers dreamy eyes looking at you… best feature to date to be fair. warm fuzzy feeling :rofl:

I guess this is a US English issue, as I’m not seeing Rhykker in my English UK launcher.

What did Dutch say to the Predator when it removed its mask?

That’s why.

4 Likes

Well they could just embed the link with a different thumbnail

You’re right though, his eyes look scary AF on HD :smiley:

2 Likes

No. MVPs don’t work for Blizzard AT ALL. Nothing. Never have. They have zero powers. Green text does nothing besides be green.

My advice stands. If a person wants to play, set up the launcher to auto close when they click play. That means the launcher does not stay up and there is no risk of seeing the article.

2 Likes

See. You guys offended Blizzard’s feeling because you guys don’t like Rhykker in their battle.net app so they punished everyone by making the battle.net app sleep forever. :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty sure you can set up ad blocker to block all them ads. Mine use to by default.

That’s not entirely true. You have regularly used your power of “cause salivation” when you tell us about those delicious recipes and roast dinners you make. :wink:

4 Likes

Personally, I’m not in the Battle.net App long enough for it to bother me. And I have it configured to exit completely when I click Play. But, I wouldn’t mind if Blizzard put these ads on the News tab where they belong.

All I want to see on the Games tab is a list of my…   well…   games. (And maybe the access to my Friends List).  

They consider that article “News” and the News tab usually feeds from the front page of the D3 website. If you click the arrows in that box it goes through some of the top news posts on the front page. The Rhykker article is on the News section of the D3 website.

Here Diablo III Official Game Site

If they don’t feed from that, some players would have missed the Season 20 info or patch notes.

Then there is a blatant advertisement box for Call of Duty that I certainly am not interested in. That advert is a separate box from the news posts.

3 Likes

I asked in the tech support forum how to get rid of that very thing. They suggested I switch to the Beta version of the launcher. I did. I guess maybe it is an improvement, but I don’t understand why they just don’t get rid of the ad.

1 Like

I am sure you know the answer. Promotion of games that can be played via the launcher is something pretty common across game companies. I don’t like adds myself, but I do see why they are used, and have been used, for hundreds of years.

Even old news papers and magazines had them. Then radio, then TV, then computer websites, now games.

:frowning: