How to stay alive with Spirit Barrage build?

I don’t run swampland attunement. I make up for the crimson damage by using confidence Ritual.

It’s about balancing dps with survivability. The tricky part is not getting one-shot by the RG. Once you lose all your soul harvest stacks on the RG, it’s almost impossible to kill it in time.

Of course! If you ever drop SH stacks before RG, just leave no point to stay and suffer! (I also just port out if it’s Versalius past GR90, it’s too risky / rng for HC, Bluddshed may his WD RIP dropped SH pushing 118 in HC vs Versa and died <.<).

I thought you were running Captain’s, if you’re doing Belt of Transcendence then it’s a whole different thing and Unity can be considered of course! I just prefer consistency which Captain’s provides :slight_smile:

I’ll need to switch to Crimson to push more higher than 118 in Seasons. I figure crimson gives +2-4 GRs higher if I have at least 50% CDR. But I don’t have enough RCR on any other gear so the damage reduction is only about 30%. That’s not enough and you get one-shot by ranged mobs.

I’m pretty much done with seasons. I don’t want to augment gear in seasons when it 's just much easier to do it on non-season.

You’re also missing 100% dmg from Traveler’s 2pc.

Well you have a solid setup (and presumably a speed one too) so shouldn’t be a problem to farm for pieces to replace to transition to Captain’s Crimson.

Non-season you can just craft yourself full primals in every slot if that’s your thing, if you played even casual for last 2-3 seasons you should be drowning in mats of all kind. The whole point of season - and fun of - is to try to do your best with what you find or can make, that’s why nobody reforges until near season end when you have enough materials to afford it and make the final push on ladder.

Happy season <3

I have 2000 mats for Acts 1, 2, 5 and only 80 for Acts 3 and 4 (the ones needed for Crimson). I’m down to 80 on those trying to get decent crimson for Crusader.

The problem with seasons is unless there’s a gimmick like last season that allows me to do end game faster than non-season – higher GRs or bonus materials - I’m pretty much done with seasons the first weekend.

It’s been interesting testing SB on low paragon. It’s been favorite build when LoN SB was the high dps WD build.

I’ve pretty much given up on WD. It was my favourite class for years but I’m just sick of having to stack defences just to survive a single hit from anything while every other class can just go full dps and still tank better than the WD.
The class closest to being as squishy as WD is necro, but necro has a massive advantage over WD in that mobs will attack/cast on your skeletons whereas they run past your fetishes/gargs to attack/cast on you.

First off, this thread is in regards to the new Mundunugu SB build. But similar advice can be given to you. You don’t have Lacumba+Sacred Harvester either.

Nope. I’m certain necros are squishier. You can complain about WD always having to stick with Lacumba, Sacred Harvester for survivality (which is a common complaint), but compare to necro? Nah.

Not really. Most necro playstyle is to stay out of danger zone. Builds that use skeletons or pets stay behind and let pets do the damage. Not zuni garg though. Zuni set demands you to be more active in the danger zone. And as you don’t have Lacumba, Sacred Harvester, it makes it worse for your survivality.

How’s zuni garg though? I played HT garg two seasons ago, and even with the less than optimal set up, it was quite safe (or passive, or derp mode) to play. You do the basic stuff and you stay out, let pets do the thing. Problem with garg is that you can’t focus on mobs/elites that you want, which I can see zuni garg having the same problem, unlike zuni DnD.

I use Haunt to proc the Zuni buff so I can stay back but mobs still cast on me and run past the pets to get to me, and I have noticed that while playing necro that nearly all spells are cast on my skeletons and mobs rarely run past them.
I only use Zuni because I like fetishes (and there’s no druid) and unfortunately that means needing gargs for damage. I haven’t used the other sets for a long time.
Also, Sacred Harvestor and Lacumba just don’t fit in my build. I don’t use the meta builds.

If you plan to solo a lot, then you need to build different than the group / speed builds, as you won’t have zbarb / zmonk buffing you up and keeping you alive.

While others mentioned SH & Lacumba, I want to insist on playing to your strengths via CC3 - go for RCR (resource cost reduction) this does 2 things: gives you a lot of passive toughness and reduces cost of all your spells.

First, slot Blood Rites passive for a nice 20% RCR boost, then roll / use items with RCR instead of CDR (don’t get me wrong having SOME CDR is nice, but you really don’t need a lot, I’d say 35% + is plenty on Munudunugu’s).

My HC WD is at 72.97% RCR (topaz in helmet) which puts her in combat (SH 10 stacks etc) at 3.8B toughness and she can spam SB even with speed pylon and never run out (less than 30 mana / cast, and you should regen passively 70mana+ / sec).

Besides Harvester/Lakumba u got strong passives. Anelyn posted about one of them - Blood Ritual for flat 20% reduction. This is just constant.

Another very reliable is Bad Medicine - since there’s no point to waste passive slot for Creeping Death u will cast pestilence at least once each 8 seconds (usually more often) u got very strong 25% reduction again. U can trust this passive.

U can have rcr roll for free on shoulders.
Or trade some cdr for it (like Anelyn’s helmet).

There’s also Swampland Attitude but i dont trust this option. Its to much random with range and lightning damage is still deadly (same as arcane but arcane is pretty easy to avoid) and this do nothing vs Guardians.

I play non-season but after i switch into defensive oritented builid i made 141 with my 5k paragon. Dont have super high dps but im so tanky so i can deal my dmg more easy. Taking 3 random elites in one time is no big deal for me in 140+

My builid from 140 and 141 solo clears was like:

https://www.d3planner.com/984032223

Ignore my primals, they wont do big difference if u dont care much about your survi. My life pool is ~1,2M after some paragon added. This is very effective HP cuz my passives.

WD have to be inside mobs when playing solo cuz Oculus rings are to much dps to ignore it, im usually around 80% time inside oculus (here cdr + pickup radius helps for faster spirit walk and piranhas - this two skills are core for any Spirit Barrage WD in push solo.

Its not possible to play Mundungu “from distance” in deep push. This way WD got no control on mobs, no oculus, no Grave Injustice procs.

sry bad eng

2 Likes

Hi ! How long did it take for 141 with the spirit is willing?
From manitou to 144, a one-night bass needs about 4m without a pylon. At 142 3.10-3.30 . para 4200

Best way to play on e you get out of the one shot toughness category, no matter what gr you’re at, is high max damage spirit walk.

Use spirit walk as a weave and maximize its use and you are near invulnerable. If you time it right to expire as you kill trash it almost is an instant reset.

Still it’s easy with this set to hit 500m toughness around p800 and have enough damage to push into 100+ non ancient gear.