How to solve the 0-Poster thread spam problem

I have yet to see a single intelligent/costructive thread made by a user with 0 posts on their account.

Yes, I’m fully aware the new forum went live only a few months ago and there’s probably a large number of users who didn’t bother migrating until now. Doesn’t make their threads look any smarter though.

In conjunction with

I propose a simple, yet effective way to combat the spam - aside from making a D4 forum and allowing only those with a valid and full D3 game license on their account to post.

I’ve seen other forums disable thread-making privileges until the user has made ~20 acceptable posts with their account. When I say “acceptable”, I mean “not random spam just to up their post count”. And it works, spam is kept to a minimum.

And if you think the current flood of 0-poster threads ain’t bad enough, do I need to remind you of all the Hong Kong thread-spamming that went on for 2 weeks?

Here is the early requirements relative to trust levels. The TL3 requirements were changes to less than 20,000 posts read. the precise number is elusive, but definitely more than 6.5K

It’s a new forum, duh. I’ve been coming to these boards on and off since wc3 got announced. The post count is not accurate nor indicative of the intelligence of the user. Stop being obtuse.

Who cares who says it, look at what’s being said.

2 Likes