How to report a Bot

Doing public bounties today, 3 times encountered the same botter, so I thought… I will click on their tag and report them. I’ve never reported an anyone that I have been in game with before.
But I can report them for harassment, but not cheating? How do I report them?
Surely while they are in the act of cheating you can call them out and flag them to Blizzard?

1 Like

Diablo 3 isn’t important enough to Blizzard, so we can’t report bots in-game.

Your best bet is to record a video of the bot botting, and send it to hacks@blizzard.com

and then hopefully in a year or two they get banned.

5 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t card about bots. Now-a-days they’re just regular part of all aspects of this game. Best you can do is kick them out of your game.

5 Likes

I heard the best thing to do is to tell the other players to leave the game and leave the bot all alone in the bounty, as the bot program will not know what to do and the bot will just sit there for the rest of the day, not annoying anyone.

1 Like

If Blizzard did not care about bots… then why did we just have a ban wave about 2 weeks ago? Don’t listen to these people. Report the bot to hacks@blizzard.com and let them handle it.

To pretend rhey care and to get the seasonal payment from the bot players buying the game again

Yeah best way to report bot is by email with some evidence. I think when you report players in game for harrassment no real person actually looks at it until they are prompt to. Its usually a bot that auto-silence when an account has reached a certain amount of reports. No real person actually reads the reports then punishes an account, its after the punishment when they would look at it when prompt.

Ummm, no. Not the best thing by a long shot.

Lol right, which is why you so helpfully offered something so much better…

Unfortunately there is no in game cheat reporting, but we do have an external email as previously mentioned.
We do not know how often the ban waves come, but they do happen!

That’s not true, Blizzard recently did two major banwaves (seasonal and non-seasonal)

There is unfortunately no in game cheat reporting for D3.
Banwaves are implemented by Blizz when they feel like it, and most likely have nothing to do with harassment reporting in game.
If you have evidence of cheating, send it via the email, that is our only viable option.