How to nerf DH for real!

DH is out meta groups. DH needs buff. It can be UE, MS, GoD, Impale or what ever but buff DH to the point it is part of meta groups.

Also before nerfing any other build Blizzard should look at Barb’s and Monk’s support builds because they are part of meta groups for way too long. Why only nerf Damage dealing builds?

1 Like

Well, first of all. Many people do use the word meta-grou without even knowing what meta means and you probably know it but i didnt know for a long time. Most Efficient Technique Avaliable.

But ahhm, what is the problem if DH isnt part of that?
A Group in D3 consits of 4 People - D3 has 7 Classes. There always will be 3 Classes that are by the definition of the word itself not part of a Meta-Group.

This doesnt mean directly that DH needs a buff.

Frenzy Barb with 2,6k Para: 125 clear - unable to do 126

Hydra-Sorc with 2k Para: 118 clear - unable to do 119 getting kicked out of public games

DH with 2k Para: 126 at the 4 th key prob 127+ doable with a little fishing for a good map, welcomed in almost every group.

So sorry, even if i play DH , other classes need a buff way more than a GoD DH does xD

Also Shadow Impale is quite a good boss-killer and definatly can be part of a good Grp clearing 140+

The problem is you can’t get party with DH in non season. Simple as that. If someone is willing to play with DH in party he is intentionally doing lower lvl GR.

Yes there will always be 3 classes that are not in META. And if you want to be fair it is about time for DH to be included in META because it is out of META groups for ages.

But support barb is part of meta. No DH build is part of meta.

But Wizard was part of meta for long time with Star Packt and Bazooka for example. DH is out of meta for ever. Do you remember when DH was part of META GR groups?

You say DH Is wlecomed in almost every group but that is not true. Go try get a group in non season.

But Crusader is better.

2 Likes

There will be ALWAYS a class that is better at sth particular. Thing is if you have some friends on NS you can definatly be a quite good Bosskiller and have an effcient Group running 140s

Group im playing with on nonseason: ZDH, God-DH, me as Frenzy barb. If 125s are enough for you…just add me, we have 1 spot left

Also part of Which metagroups? There is a META for everything…clearing 150s? Y prob not?

But what about Speedruns in the area between 115s-120s? The combination of God-DHs + Zdhs is definatly more than present there

Ok. Tell me when DH was the best for some role in GR groups and what role it was. Do you think that is ok for DH to ALWAYS be out of META?

You are slacking big time.

Like I told you on other topic where avoided discussion currently in EU non season people are mainly looking for:
GR 124 groups (under 3 min runs)
GR 140 groups
GR 145 groups
GR 148 groups.

GoD DH is not strong enough for 124 and zDH is also not part of this group.

In GR 148 your risk failing it if your Boss Killer is Impale DH because if you Spawn Choker or some other bosses with adds it is game over. So people don’t want to risk and just invite Crusader. Crusader is faster on single target boss and on boss with adds. So you invite DH only if there is no Crusader to invite.

No, i am just enjoying the game as it is in its current state. There is no such thing as perfect balance. Not in life and not in a videogame. Also those 2 DHs …do have a place in a Group for 125s. Even if its a minute or 2 slower than another group setup might be.

Its not that DH cant be part of a Group, its just not part of the “perfect group”. But in my eyes this is not a big issue. I enjoy doing grifts with some relaxed dudes i like.

I agree that DH was too weak for a long time. Blizzard listend and buffed DH to a point where a lot of people cry for DH nerfs. It is just the wrong timing to ask for another buff xD

I agree but you can still make it fair. Rotate META composition from time to time and make sure each class is part of META from time to time. Can’t be that hard.

Sorry but waiting in menu for efficient group for 3 hours is not fun.
And just to inform you people are getting around 9 Trillion exp per hour in 124 runs. While I can do 120s with GoD at slower pace. Difference is huge in long run mainly because almost no one is looking for GR 120 GR with GoD because they know it is slower and they already have all the gear for LOD Mages Necro runs anyway.

Sadly endgame in Diablo 3 is Paragon farming. I have close to perfect gear , all gems to lvl 150, stack of lvl 150 augments but I miss Paragons.

I’ve been asking for this since PTR – Iria’s proposed change to GoD6 gives it a 4-5GR lift, which would make Bolas GR 130+ for 5k paragon players. My suggestion of GoD6 @ 40,000% with a nerf to Devouring Arrow would make Bolas able to do GR135+ solo at the equivalent paragon. (my test clear of GR125 on PTR ended on like floor 6 – so i’m thinking right now GoD6 Bolas is the same as UE6 Multishot)

The GoD6 set is better than UE6 and M6 by about 5-6 GRs – even though the multiplier is lower, Strafe pumps out more primary skills per second. I’m in agreement with the re-evaluation of the Devouring Arrow rune, for the sake of making the set an attractive choice for other primary skills / runes.

I feel they can leave zDH, zMonk, and zBarb alone – people like playing them, instead they should really look at the other 4 classes’ support capabilities and make adjustments to help them.

If you’ve been to Dieoxide’s stream you’ll know Iria isn’t condescending – he’s a nostalgic jokester that just wants to help the game.

4 Likes

Blizzard did not listen. People asked for META spot and they gave us solo push build. I did some solo push first week after patch was live and I did not push solo after that at all. I think that most people don’t push solo all the time.

From Blizzard blog post:

“A common misconception is that we balance solely around 4-man groups. While we certainly take it into account, group play is not our only focus because not all players enjoy playing in groups.”

They wrote this like they really care about 4 man group balance while in really it seems they don’t.

Ok so i just looked at your profile…and you have 5+k Para and 150 Augments. Which does mean you have been part of some 150-Group with your DH at least a couple of times.

Also you have just DHs. I mean if DH is not part of the current Meta and to you this is so terribly important. Honestly…then just make a char that is part of this meta. This game is 8 years old now, has no monthly fees, and they still balance and patch it.

In any other franchise there probably wouldnt be servers to play on at this point in time anymore, because the Company needs to save money. Is it as good as D2? No , does it have perf balance? No. But you can still play it and you still can expect some tiny new changes like balance patches and some seasonal - themes wether you like em or not.

Honest question: With 150 augs, mostly primals and 5,5k Para, what motivates you to keep on going in non-season? There is nothing more to achieve despite grinding a few pointless paragonpoints

For having payed 50 bucks 8 years ago…that was a lot of content offered. Thats like 2-3 trips to the cinema otherwise

[quote=“Psikill-1264, post:31, topic:21603”]
I mean if DH is not part of the current Meta and to you this is so terribly important. Honestly…then just make a char that is part of this meta. This game is 8 years old now, has no monthly fees, and they still balance and patch it.[/quote]

Not going to happen. I will play other games. I don’t like to be student of everything and master of nothing.

Blizzard made game where someone who does not have perfect gear and does not know game too much can perform better with meta build than someone who has perfect gear and knows game in details but is using out of meta build.

Honestly Blizzard should make any calss part of META groups at least once in 6 years. DH is out of META groups for 5+ years now.

That is a good question for game designer. In this game if you want to compete on solo leaderboards you have to play 99% of your time in groups and you want to not play out of meta builds. So you have better chance of getting good spot on DH solo LB’s if you are not playing DH.

I can still compare myself to other people with similar Paragon. We don’t have this kind of LBs in game sadly.

Well then play sth else , y. PoE is nice for example or Torchlight

Blizzard won’t give a single F. The best thing that can happen to blizzard is that everybody stops playing D3 so they can reduce server-cost, maintainance - cost, staff-cost even further.

“Blizzard made game where someone who does not have perfect gear and does not know game too much can perform better with meta build than someone who has perfect gear and knows game in details but is using out of meta build.”

I can see your angle, but can’t you see theirs?

Not everyone wants to have to invest countless hours going in the thousands to be part of an efficient group. So there is the way of going with a so called meta-build and i do not know what is so wrong about it.

And noone out there is standing next to you and forces you to play DH only for 5+ years.

And you can also not expect Blizzard to listen to every individual in their forums.
Look in the Barb-Forum for example. They made a huge topic…a sort of a whishlist where everyone had his own dreams…they discussed them, summed them up with arguments and documented that rather good.

They are also aware of the fact that blizz, if they balance anything, won’t touch skills anymore but if anything , they will balance via items. So they made suggestions going in that direction.

But in total, D3 is a rather dead game. And you can not expect Blizz to Perma-Balance Classes so every class is Meta for one season. And if the few players on NS play mostly meta and you want to be part in efficient groups…well then make a new class. Its easy as that.

Ok…so your ultimate goal is a place in the NS-Leaderboard?

But have you defined that goal? Wanna be Top 1000, Top 500, Top 100, or Top 10?

If Top 10? Is this really worth all the effort? xD

I can see their angle and their ability for sure. I am monitoring what is going on with Diablo 3 so I can make right decision with Diablo 4. I will not support company I don’t trust. WIll I trust them with Diablo 4? I still don’t know.

Blizzard can’t deliver things they promised. They said they will look at “rat runs”. Ye, they looked at them and then buffed them even more.

But they did not do it even when it was “alive”.

People still on the fact that they expect all builds to be equal. This will never happen nor should it. Not everything is equal. We should just enjoy the game while we can before the trade ware effects us as well.

Making everything equal is way harder than making something the best.

if you don’t try to be better in progression based game I don’t understand why you play that game.

I did some things with DH no one else did before me.

Try and make a point when you post. That makes zero sense.

Try to read what people post before you make your post. Your post made no sense. I did not ask for balance I asked for META spot.

Balancing this game is not possible for Blizzard.

That means I did not ask for some DH build to be equal to some other build but for some DH build to be the best in game for certain role in GRs.