How to improve Elite Damage (Discussion)

Hey!

Just wanted to start a discussion on how to improve Elite Damage. How can it be changed to be better than crit damage. I’ve been staring at D3Planner a lot and see so many ways to increase elite damage but in comparison to Crit Damage its useless.

Just there could be a perfect elite set if elite damage was useful/impactful or different from crit damage.

So how can it be changed? Why would it be changed that way? There’s so much that needs updating!

Is there a reason that it needs to be arbitrarily better than crit damage? I like the topic, but why the comparison to crit damage specifically?

1 Like

Blackthorns, Aughild’s, Diamonds in weapons. I think it would be interesting to see a pure elite damage build. I don’t know how it would work/why it should exist. But the diamonds and blackthorns, why do they exist.

We could completely rework blackthorns, or we can try to make elite damage mean something if that makes sense?

I’d love to see a rework of Blackthorns. Making it an elite damage set could be a good start.

1 Like

How strong would it be to add a 0 to the end of all elite damage increases… you get around 1600% adding in all types of elite damage increases, not optimal but just so we have a baseline…

That is not enough to justify the use of elite damage. This is tough to wrap my head around… Not every piece can use elite damage… WAIT why isnt elite damage an option in paragon??? <<<this is a different topic entirely but is a part in this.

What builds would use elite damage? Why use it over crit damage…I would like it to be either crit damage or elite damage… Thats a way of thinking about it… either or, like secondary resistance and resist all. But that still leads the question… why would you use elite damage over crit damage…

I would like to see Elite damage so improved that any player could chose to be a headhunter of Elites if they wanted to with any build.