How to get people to play diablo 3 again

Blizzard is always trying to satisfy their casuals players but never the tryhards.

How to get people and streamers back to diablo 3?

Solo self found option

• for years now in order to compete on the leader board, you are forced to play in a group for faster leveling.
  • a solo player should also be able to participate in their own ladder.

no free set on season start

• it already takes only a few hours to reach max level
  • why giving player a ‘free’ full set of items at a start of a economy reset? The fun part is to grind for sth and not get it handed on a silver plate…
  • if anything the game doesn’t need is faster progressing.
  • if you still want to gift players a free set as a reward, make it harder like beat a gr 60 in time.
1 Like

You can’t please everyone, so they’re aiming to please the larger crowd which happens to be casual players.

I do agree the game is too easy and the progression is too fast, but then again I’ve been playing since release and I know how slooooow the game used to be before Loot 2.0/RoS + years of powercreep came along.

To bring back some longevity, I’d like to see the Torment levels reduced back to T10, then rescaled for T10 to equal GR 100. Haedrigs gifts ought to get the axe as well, or at least only give you 1/2 of the featured set.

Balanced bounties by number of players
Removal of blackthorn
New cube recipes (diss/make/reforge primal)
Better UI/controls management
Killable NPCs (please) :slight_smile:
Mod support (list of allowed mods)

People clearing a 122 gr in under 70 sec within 5 days into the league…
Running around with 2500+ paragon

I mean sure they must have been hardcore grinding, but this just shows how broken the game is. Why keep playing the game after 2 days of a season?

Changing the hardness of torment doesn’t change anything. You would also have to adress the XP gain and rewardness as well breaking the game even more.

But then what would half of my primals be? Useful?

2 Likes

If I can’t keep loots because there is not enough stash space, then there is no point playing to find loots.

It’s good to see the OP wanting to promote D3. I applaud the effort.

A SSF league/season option would be a welcome addition for people who like to compete on the leader boards, but they need to combat cheating first.

To your second point, I’m not convinced that putting the cat back in the bag so to speak by removing the gift set is a good idea. Yes, streamers are nice because they do give a bit of publicity to the game, but they are only a small portion of the player base. A healthy game needs its casual players, so I don’t see this helping the popularity or longevity of the game.

stream the cutscenes from D2 and D3, to lure the PvE’ers in. :carrot:

Not that it’ll ever happen, but…

Solo-only mode (non-seasonal) where you’re given access to most skill, set, and legendary power parameters to create your own version of the game experience. Yes, it would require a rethink of how to get ‘modding’ to work in online-only games, but if D4 is ALSO going to be online-only, that’s a worthwhile investment. Because inviting players behind the curtain has always created a massive community investment in the game that keeps it going strong (and selling) for many, many years.

See: every Elder Scrolls game (except ESO), Fallout 3 & 4, New Vegas, Diablo 2, Starcraft 1 & 2, Warcraft 2 & 3, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Terraria, Stardew Valley, Starbound, Torchlight 1 & 2, Dungeon Defenders. I could keep going, but I think I’ve made my point.

straighten your arms and fix the error “this feature is available only to the leader”

Because I enjoy playing this game, that’s why!
Why make so much drama over one’s choice ?

2 Likes

The one thing that has to happen , like yesterday, is deleting that voice acting from leah when she says “uncle deckhard”. if they just muted her the game would sell 2k overnight. If someone messes up at work a good penalty would be to lock them in a room for a few min making them listen to that “uncle deckhard”.

My dog leaves the room when she says that that’s how bad it is he like can’t even handle it and i leave the room too then the utility bill ups bc the laptops been on extra over budget.