How to find Season start news?

In Diablo 3 all you have to do is go to news and choose D3 news and scroll down a bit and there is season start.

With Diablo II they stopped listing current season start on login page of game.

And the ol’ google search doesn’t work smoothly either.

I’m just curious when this current season started for Diablo II.

Nvm, I finally found it.

Here’s the link for all D2 season start:
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Ladder

Season 27 started Dec. 04, 2020
so it should end sometime around
June 4, 2021

2 Likes

I have not seen a specific thread nor forum area where a new ladder season date is posted ahead of time. What generally happens is the day of when the new season is to begin, a mod or VIP may post a heads-up about when the servers go down and how long they may go down for during the ladder reset. It is a bit hard to plan around a ladder reset.

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like

What we used to do with ladder reset teams is guess the closest Tuesday to 6 months and a week before they would put info on login page or a blue would make a post in old D2 classic forum telling us.

It is an archaic system that needs updating.

I wonder if D2 2000 and D2R will have same season start next year when D2R releases.

1 Like

It would be neat if they coincided like that, although if they go with 3 month seasons like was discussed, I guess they would get out of sync pretty quickly.

1 Like

It looks like it can get weird pretty fast.

So ladders for D2 2000 compared to ladders for D2R.

If a lot more ppl hit 99 in D2 2000 people will just assume it’s because of the bots.

Will D2R be the botless domain we all hope for, and thus become the “clean D2”.

Eventually, I can imagine D2 2000 becoming unplayable.

Well right now one still gets thrown into a queue on USEAST.

When season/ladder started December 04, 2020, it was unplayable for a week or so with queue in the thousands 24/7.

My guess is four Fridays from today is next D2 2000 season start.

Friday, June 4th would be 6 months.

If not then likely the Friday after or June 11th.