How to become fully invisible?

Hi, i want to play this game without any soul -other than jay wilson and ofc me :slight_smile: - knowing i am playing this game.

Btw, i am not talking about preventing people from joining my game. I just want they dont see me i am online and playing this game ok?

Thatā€™s pretty easy, in the battlenet launcher before starting the game , just put your status (top right corner) as ā€˜ā€˜appear offlineā€™ā€™

does that work in game? because i am not sure but when i did that i was appearing online in the gameā€¦

It works if you do it before launching the game, and of course if you do not change your status nor contact people during the gameā€¦

1 Like

thanks iā€™ll try that next time.

Iā€™m not sure this really works.
I just tried it. It shows offline in the launcher, but when I start a game and open Friends list, it shows ā€œavailableā€.
You could set to Private and disable Quick Join and set to Busy, but I think friends would still be able to see you even though they couldnā€™t join.

It shows available but you are invisible. Just try with a friend.

Ok. Iā€™ll try that later to satisfy my curiosity.

I think this depends on if they are D3 friends or BNet friends.

For instance, just recentlyā€¦ I was definitely appearing offline, logged into PTR and promptly got messaged by someone I had on my list. This person is not on my BNet friends list.

It should be noted that if you try to chat with someone while ā€œappearing offlineā€ it will change your status, but the game will give you a warning just in case.

i just entered a game and playing but when i discover a waypoint in the scenario, it says in chat screen ā€œ(my clan) (my nick) found waypoint ā€¦ā€ why does that say that if i am offline? do everyone in the clan see this message?

actually it says everything i ve done in the game not just waypointsā€¦

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re playing in Campaign Mode. You always see this when you discover a Waypoint for the first time in Campaign Mode on any particular Difficulty. In Adventure Mode, you do not see this message because all Waypoints in all Acts are always available to you.

You should be the only one who sees this whether you appear offline or not and youā€™re playing Solo. Itā€™s essentially letting you know of your progress. (Like getting an ā€œEvent Completeā€ Toast Window popup when you complete an Event or Quest ā€” Or a ā€œReached Checkpointā€ message).

Note: I have not tested this as I have never set my Launcher status to ā€œappear offlineā€.

You simply never are fully invisible especially if you are in a clan or accepted so called friends
I found some so called friends did not accept my request for friends while they asked me to accept their request.
It means they can see you online but not them because they refused to accept the friend request and it proofed it works they can stay hidden at all times while you are not able to do the same
so they can see you but you are not able to see them