How should i progress my Demon Hunter

Running thru Normal adventure right now. And its a very slow go.

Wondering what weapons/armor to be looking to get.

single/or duel wield bows?

What ever you can suggest would be great

Looking at your Profile, Sureshot at Level 28 is looking pretty good. You can’t do much more with him until you complete your Season Journey Chapters 1 and 2 to get your first Haedrig’s Gift for 2 pieces of the Marauder’s Set. Complete Chapter 3 and 4 to get the full free Set and you’re on your way.

You have the 3-piece Cain’s Fate and Born’s Defiance equipped for the XP boost. And you have a Ruby inserted in a Leoric’s Crown. :+1:

You need to get Kanai’s Cube and equip Powers for Weapon, Armor and Jewelry. You could also use some Rings. Use the best items you find.

The following is just a rough outline of how I approach Seasons. It may be different from what other players do. (Obviously, some of this you have already done).

D3꞉RoS Season Leveling Outline

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

1. Create a new Seasonal Character. (Or Rebirth a NS Character).
  2. Click Game Settings and select Challenge Rift (optional).
  3. Click Game Settings and select Adventure Mode.
  4. If you ran a CRift, Train all Artisans to Level 12.
  5. Run a Nephalem Rift.
  6. Run Bounties for Act 1, including Araneae.
  7. Run Bounties for Act 2.
  8. Run Bounties for Act 3, including Cydaea. Get Kanai’s Cube.
  9. Run Bounties for Act 4.
  10. Run Bounties for Act 5.
  11. At Character Level 21 craft Born’s Defiance Set. (For XP).
  12. At Character Level 23 craft Cain’s Fate Set. (For XP).
  13. Check your Season Journey (Shift+J). Complete Chapter 1.
  14. Change Game Difficulty to Hard.
  15. Run Bounties for all 5 Acts. (You’ll need the Bounty Mats).
  16. Fully equip a Follower. Craft a Follower Special if one isn’t found.
  17. When you’re ready, change Game Difficulty to Expert.
  18. Continue running Rifts and Bounties for all 5 Acts.
  19. At Character Level 60, look for Bounties with Maghda and Adria.
  20. Enchant an item at the Mystic.
  21. Transmogrify an item at the Mystic.
  22. Continue running Rifts and Bounties until you reach Level 70.
  23. Craft a Level 70 item at the Blacksmith.
  24. Craft a Level 70 item at the Jeweler. (Follower Specials at Blacksmith count).
  25. Check your Season Journey. If you completed Chapters 1 & 2, check mail for Gift.
  26. Born’s and Cain’s Sets are no longer beneficial. Equip Gift pieces instead.
  27. Change Game Difficulty to Master.
  28. Run a Rift and begin collecting Keystones.
  29. Continue running Bounties. You’ll need to extract 20 Cube Powers.
  30. During Bounties, look for Butcher and Urzael Bounties.
  31. Equip at least one Cube Power.
  32. Begin running Greater Rifts to collect Legendary Gems.
  33. When you max out your Blood Shards, buy items from Kadala.
  34. Craft at least one Gem at the Jeweler to Imperial quality.
  35. Check your Season Journey. If you completed Chapter 3, collect your Gift.

From this point on, alternate between Bounties, Rifts and Greater Rifts. You’ll need Bounty Mats to extract 20 Cube Powers if you plan on completing the Conqueror Chapter for an extra Stash Tab. You’ll need to extract 40 Powers if you plan on completing the entire Season. You’ll also need these and other Crafting Mats for crafting support items and some Cube Recipes.

Chapter 4 requires killing all 4 Keywardens, marked on the World Map, whether they drop Infernal Machines or not. Collecting Infernal Machines is optional until Season Journey Slayer and Champion Chapters. It is only necessary if you plan on equipping a Hellfire Amulet or want a Hellfire Ring for you or your Follower.

Check your Season Journey often. You can complete the Objectives in any order. But, you only get credit for the current Chapter you’re working on if you’ve completed all previous Chapters too.

Note: After Chapter 4, you must open your Season Journey and click the Enlist button to proceed to the next Chapter.

D3 Resource: Season Journey Tracker

D3 Resource: Seasons Overview

D3 Resource: Difficulty Overview

Good luck and good hunting! :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Seems like a good path to follow.
I am finally doing enough damage where i feel comfortable going in to Hard Difficulty. Any suggestions on gear?

I just ran thru Sesheron for the cube, couldnt find it

Since the full free Set for Demon Hunters in Season 18 is the Embodiment of the Marauder Set, you might want to concentrate on this Icy Veins build to start:

My favorite Demon Hunter build is the Unhallowed Essence Set. Use your Marauder’s build to farm for Unhallowed pieces. It is pretty powerful when combined with the new Captain Crimson’s Trimmings Set.

This is Icy Veins’ UE/CCT build for Season 18, Patch 2.6.6:

I’m currently playing a modified version of it. I’m still experimenting with different things, but you can see my current Demon Hunter’s setup in my Profile:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Perusoe-1251/hero/75223416

For some reason, the Cube Powers for Armor and Jewelry don’t seem to be showing. So, if you’re not seeing them, this is what I currently have cubed:

Cube Slot Cube Power
Weapon = Dawn
Armor = Leoric’s Crown
Jewelry = Ring of Royal Grandeur

Good hunting! :bow_and_arrow:

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Edit: I’ve already made some changes. And I have now gone back to cubing: Dawn, Visage of Gunes and Ring of Royal Grandeur. (More changes are coming — fair warning. :laughing:)

The Cube is in level 2, The Elder Sanctum.

You probably know most of this, but here is the “step-by-step”:

1. Go to Adventure Mode Act III.
  2. Go to the Ruins of Sescheron Waypoint.
  3. Traverse the Ruins of Sescheron until you come to the entrance leading to Level 2. It’s called the Elder Sanctum.
  4. Enter the Elder Sanctum and locate the crypt of Kanai.

The crypt of Kanai is not labeled. So, don’t confuse it with the Immortal Throne area, which is labeled when you enter it.

Most of the time, the crypt of Kanai will be found along the northeast edge of the Elder Sanctum map. So, you might want to explore it counter-clockwise. It is a small square side room.

Enter Kanai’s crypt and you will see Kanai’s Cube resting on a pedestal and protected by a magical shield. As you approach the Cube, the ghost of Kanai will appear and remove the shield. Once this is done, you can click on the Cube to retrieve it. Zoltun Kulle will appear with some dialog and drop a book you can click on to read.

From this point on, when you’re in Adventure Mode, you will find Kanai’s Cube in any Act town, next to Zoltun Kulle. You can access the Cube by clicking directly on it or by clicking Kulle himself.

Have fun! :partying_face:

Edit: yessquire beat me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Before you go any further, you need to enable Elective Mode in Options. And while you are there, enable Advanced Tool Tips as well.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help! This game has changed a lot from first release.

Im currently playing in Hard diffuculty, and gettin my butt kicked, one-shot killed a lot. Changed my gear up a little i can survive but not kill so well. I guess its going to be a long grind.

Boy, howdy! :laughing:

Given your current gear, Level and Paragon Points, try this and see if it helps: https://www.d3planner.com/693014403

I took the liberty of importing your Sureshot DH and changed some things that might help you out until you can start earning your free Marauder’s Set. (If the keys I put the Skills on aren’t comfortable for you, fill free to move them around).

Note: Don’t forget to check the “Paragon” tab. I don’t know where you currently have your Paragon Points assigned, but this is what I do at the point you’re at.

Very Important: As soon as you find a Legendary Weapon, Armor and Jewelry (Ring or Amulet) that you’re not going to equip and that has Legendary Powers, extract them and equip them using Kanai’s Cube. (I notice you don’t have anything cubed at the moment).

:bow_and_arrow:

Edit:

I just noticed you have an Amethyst in your Weapon. Take it to the Jeweler and have it removed. Put in the highest quality Ruby you have instead. (I’ll see if D3 Planner will let me edit Sureshot’s build).

Right now I wouldn’t spend much in the way of mats on anything. Save your mats until you start getting decent gear. Spend a few shards when your shards fill up, but other than that just replace gear as you get better drops.

Also, pick up and salvage everything. Build up those mats now and you’ll be better off in the future.

There are a lot of thing you are missing. The big one is that you are not paying attention to what you are equipping. You have the 2 pieces of Marauder set, which gives you all the companions, but you haven’t equipped the Companion skill. Next, you have the Elusive ring, but you aren’t using any of the skills that activate it. I would replace Caltrops with Companion and either Marked for Death or Rain of Vengeance for Vault with Tumble rune.

Next, you want to craft a level 70 weapon. Even a decent rare one will be better than what you have, and you want a socket so you can equip your best emerald in it.

You also want another gem in your helm. Either Diamond for CDR, topaz for RCR, or maybe even amethyst for life%.

1 Like

Ive gotten a bit further, working on act 4 for the remainder of the set. It has gotten really fun, still a long way to go i know. I have a ruby in my helm still for the bit of exp. gain is it worth it?

At Para 45, I’d say yes keep the Ruby :slight_smile:

Once you hit 70, no it’s not - you should replace it with a Diamond (for cooldown reduction) or Topaz (for resource cost reduction).

Depending on how many Blood shards you have, I would gamble quivers for a Bombardier’s Rucksack (gives 2 extra Sentries)…and change the Sentry to Polar Station.

You should have all the passives unlocked so I would use Cull the Weak (drop your sentries on elites or mobs and get the bonus damage). Custom Engineering gives you another Sentry (so with Rucksack you get 5). This can be massive for your damage when you get the rest of the M6 pieces (it’s a 60,000% increase in your damage with 5 sentries deployed).

Honestly you need to look at all your passives …and might I suggest taking a spin into the DH forums where most of us post more frequently and you’ll get a ton of help from everyone!

1 Like

If you want to look me up in game we can go over what all you have in your stash and optimize what you are wearing and your skills.

Don’t do it man - he will mess you up big time…

JUST KIDDING - Var is a great help!!! (speaking from experience btw)

Also happy to run with you for gear drops if you see me online…

1 Like

Ive spent most of the last days playing, 70/143. I can kill pretty good in Torment 7 rifts, but still get killed easily if i dont pay attention. If any of you would like to jump in a game add me so i can progress further. The Companions are amazing by the way!

You have been a very help, i appreciate it very much!

Lothar ( SureShot )

Met a player in game ‘yessquire’ and helped me tremendously! Taught me a lot. And was very patient lol.
This has turned out to be the best/most freindly game forum ive been a part of.
Got Season set, now looking for bow and a few jewelry items.
Having a lot of fun!