How should I play the Adventure Mode?

Hello. I like to play solo. I played the campaign on Hard difficulty and I cleared all maps completetly (covered all areas, killed any monster and destroyed anything), it was more fun for me to play like that and that way I could get nice items.
Now at Adventure Mode I’m not sure what is the best difficulty to play with, and whether I should destroy anything like I used to do in the campaign or it’s just a waste of time.
Playing on Hard is too easy and not challenging, but I guess it’s better for farming XP and items. The highest difficulty I can at the moment is Torment 1, but it feels too slow. What should I do in your opinion?
Should I focus on rifts or bounties? What is the right way to play the Adventure Mode?
And lastly, should I try out Seasons or focus on Adventure Mode for now? I’m still kind of a beginner in the game.
Thanks.

1 Like

Adventure mode is the only way to get Kunai’s cube. See here
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/kanais-cube-guide
It’s really easy to get, because its always there. Read the guid.

With kunai’s cube you can gamble for more legendaries but target a specific type, get access to extra powers when you “extract them” into the cube (which requires mats from bounties), augment gear, and bunches of other very useful things.

For a few cube abilities, you need special materials that only drop from the bounty caches.
Also, specific legendaries only drop from bounties, like the Ring of Royal Grandeur.
Bounties also drop a TON of recipes for your blacksmith and jeweler and you really need those (it stops dropping a recipe once you teach it to the crafts person)

Rifts are a great way of getting loot and gold and the only way to get Greater Rift Keys

With Greater Rift keys you can run Greater Rifts which you need for Legendary Gems and to upgrade Legendary Gems. Legendary gems are a major source of power and can make or break builds. Also, public games at T7+ are locked to you until your character can run the equivalent difficulty greater rift solo.

All three of the above drop Blood Shards which are a special currency used for gambling for items with Kadala (an npc with major daddy issues). Just another source of loot.

What’s the right way to play adventure mode, anyway you find fun. Start with Rifts first.

I would highly recommend making a seasonal character and setting the goal of completing at least the first 4 chapters of your “Season Journey”. This will net you a 6-piece set via “Haedrig’s Gift”.

You will play this character entirely in Adventure Mode. The season journey will have you do various things, earning a nice set and other things for your account, and that will teach you a lot about the game.

Believe it or not, the campaign is basically a tutorial with a neat story. Adventure mode is where the real game is.

1 Like

The Best rescource for any question in D3 is

https://maxroll.gg/category/guides
https://maxroll.gg/resources/season-start-1-70-leveling-guide

you find tips and guides for every topic aspect and build in the game.

The leveling guide will help you even, if you already are lvl 70. Also if you start a new char you are able to give him basement via adventure mode and then switch to campaign for an easier start.

Everything you got in season will switch to non-season, when season ends. So for a beginner it is even more useful, to start with season (and get a full set via Haedrig’s Gift wich brings you up to torment 6-10 very quickliy … but do the full season journey to learn all functions of the game and earn up to 5 stash tabs permanent.

Ask in the chat that you want to join a beginner friendly clan. That will help you much (even if you mostly want to play solo).

1 Like