How quickly things are forgotten - Solo Greater Rift Summary Per Class

I see this thread is going nowhere lol…

Well, at least we had some posts about how the data should be determined in a rational manner. That is a big improvement over class warfare. :laughing:

1 Like

And you learned, hopefully, to not make a post unless you know what you are talking about. There is no class warfare, only bull and those whom called out the bull.

2 Likes

My OP clearly shows data that anyone can verify for themselves by going to Blizzard’s website and clicking on “Rankings”. I just made it easier to look at relative top the top 10 solo clears for the last 4 eras and 6 seasons.

We can discuss whether the top 10 is representative or not.
We can discuss whether we should be using arithmetic versus geometric means to think about “average” clears.
We can discuss what things should be considered (paragon levels, legendary gems, augments).
We can discuss about the best model to fit the data.
We can discuss about whether “the best” analysis will use parametric versus non-parametric statistics based on the assumptions of each.

So on and so forth…

To my knowledge, no one has done a perfect analysis. As Prokham confirmed, there is no easy way in his knowledge to get information about augments and legendary gems. I did this manually in another thread for hours played and legendary gem levels. To do it completely “right” is impossible. The next best thing is a reasonable approximation.

If you can compare classes better, I would like to see it so I can learn. It is easy to criticize.

1 Like

He still did not explain why he said this:

This is the main reason other people continued to talk about meta.

@TuneOut
Here is another global comparison. It uses the top 10 solo greater rifts clears from the current era across 3 regions (the data was grabbed on a different day so that is why the numbers are different.)

:question: Do you think that this analysis is correct or is it fatally flawed and should be ignores?:question:

America EU AS Average
Barbarian 125.7 127.7 126.8 126.7
Crusader 130 132.1 129.7 130.6
Demon Hunter 129 131.2 129.9 130
Monk 125.4 129.3 127.6 127.4
Necromancer 130.8 135.3 131.2 132.4
Witch Doctor 130.2 132.2 129.8 130.7
Wizard 136 138.9 138.3 137.7
1 Like

On topic now. If I remember correctly Blizzards API could be used to pull data from server about clears that are not on leaderboards. There was a website long time ago I think it was diblorank were you could also sort clears by set used.

It does. I downloaded the data for a class as a test. It goes to position 2000. The problem is that file does not list legendary gems or augments. You have to manually look at them one by one.

1 Like

Maybe it was for clears that where on leader-board but got overwritten buy something else. I clearly remember seeing more than one clear that I participated in. Or maybe that website had its own archive. I did not try API myself.

I did the API.

Post must be 20 characters.

1 Like

I do know that! But it’s a little weaker than Thorns and could use a buff. I don’t even think it has to be a big one. Does anyone have numbers on that? Thorns VS DH RG DPS?

DH RGK is in line with the other non-Thorns RGKs in terms of damage, except that Thorns RGK is ridiculous against several bosses.

Against the best bosses, DH RGK is not a “little” weaker, it’s a LOT weaker.

The issue is that Thorns RGK is out of line against Blighter, Bloodmaw, Perdition, Erethon, etc. Particularly Blighter which is under 1m kill in 150 against most bosses.

If Blizz is going to bring DH, Sader, Necro Lancer, Command Skeleton, or Witch Doctor RGK to the same level as Thorns, you’re talking about 1-2min kills on 150 average, for all RGKs. This would bring them all in line with eachother even if you don’t have Blighter.

I don’t care which direction Blizzard takes on RGKs, just pointing out the facts and discrepancies.

1 Like

I think you make mistakes and too many of them.
Did you read up on what people actually replies to you or just blatantly ignores that part?

You cannot “just” take numbers and make a list and say “there you go. There is the difference”. That’s not really how it works and you keep believing so, hence why I ask if you read up on stuff like you were told to, to understand why you are mistaken and why you can’t come here typing “I proved others wrong in saying Barbarians are the worst class”. That is simply bashing on others knowing the same bip you do and still knows more than you, cause they comprehend stuff on top of that.

What do you think? Is this analysis bull as you like to say?

1 Like

Yes, this is bull. Read the reply and answer to the questions you were given before replying to make your quota of posts for today in your forum gameplay.

Barb will be RGK with executioner axe in cube :). Group with DH, Crusader and other boss killers in party will get closer to META setup.

Nothing will beat Necro on Blighter. But, if on average something else has a better success rate in 150s that will be used most of time.

Thanks for the answer. I will take a hiatus from this thread until Saturday night. I’ll edit this post then or make a new post. You have confirmed for me something that I suspected.

1 Like

I’m sorry who the h*** are you to tell people how to play?
‘Sorry your class has been crap for 18 months, AdApT yOu NoOb, durr hurr’
It is the developer’s responsibility to make the entire game enjoyable. There can be an ebb and flow but if data shows certain aspects of the game to be lacking then it should be addressed.

Can’t say likewise, since you refuse to reply to peoples questions.
On top of that, I know you are going to post a lot in here still. Like others have noticed. You don’t even care if you are wrong.
It’s like you try a bit, but then come to a stop. Just keeps rambling on, without actually knowing or reading what people write or ask you.

Keep making posts and keep ignoring peoples answers, you can be seen in this thread, admitting these numbers are not entirely correct, given paragon levels and so on. You were proven wrong by taking up previous seasons. Cause they don’t matter in a game, that does not go back in time with previous patches.
You were proven wrong in other threads about the Barbarian class.
You were proven wrong in many things on here.
I really don’t care anymore, cause you ignore simple facts. You ignore posts, ask about something you already was given answers to.
You keep making up posts that is outright wrong in any level.

The game has certainly changed and yet, oddly, feels neglected. It is clear that there will be little code written to fix skills, but number changes are not that difficult. As far as DH goes, remember that one season that we tried to sneak in the meta with zdps? We were actually viable for about 2 weeks. They nerfed wolf call and mark for death into the ground, making additive and not multiplicative. Devastating to solo players and sufficient to remove us from the meta. Currently, these nerfs are still in play, but really should be removed as the numbers are no longer relevant. While adapting is always good advice, suggesting simple number adjustments, removing old and no longer relevant nerfs is a modest request. In most cases, number changes can balance class performance so players can play the class they prefer. In the mean time, playing multiple classes is the only answer and likely the only answer we will ever get.

3 Likes