How old are you?

39 here

#missingcharacters

2 Likes

I am currently 26. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Twice as old as I was half the time ago, but still not saying online.

4 Likes

I am so old this was one of my first record albums.

Along with this

15 Likes

You’re on the wrong thread.

But I accept your answer :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m old enough to remember when stores didn’t have automatic doors, Return of the Jedi was in theatres, the space shuttle Challenger explosion was broadcast nation wide in classrooms, Roots and Shaka Zulu were on TV along with V the series. The A-Team were building things in Prime Time. Bell Bottoms were cool for awhile then everyone switched to Parachute Pants and bomber jackets.

Saturday Cartoons were the bomb. Bruiser Brody was killed in Puerto Rico. When the United States Hockey team made us all believe in Miracles.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. lol

10 Likes

I am so old I remember when my brothers 67 mustang was new. A stamp was five-cent.

8 Likes

Conceived in the 70s,
Born in the 80s,
Released in the 90s,
Quit gaming in the 00s,
Discovered D3 in the 10s,
Quit d3 in the 20s (hopefully this will happen at some point in the next 8 years though not looking hopeful).

2 Likes

“…old enough to know better. Cry, Baby, Cry.” - John Lennon

I am not the youngest here!

I am fairly sure I am not the oldest here but probably pretty close, my first birthday is in the same month that the original SiFi movie “The Day The Earth Stood Still” was released, what a extraordinary coincidence eh! :star_struck:
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I’m old enough to have witnessed some of the battles of the Eternal Conflict, the theft of the Worldstone, the creation of Sanctuary and birth of the Nephalems, the Sin Wars, the Dark Exile, Hunt for the Three, Darkening of Tristram, Chase of the Dark Wanderer, Investigation of the Falling Star as well as End Days, the Invasion of the Reapers, and with luck, the Return of the First Mother Lilith.

7 Likes

I knew you were an elder statesman but didn’t recon you were that much older than my 46 yo husk.

Apollo 11 launched on my tenth birthday

1 Like

I am so old my Mother would give me $1.00, I could ride the bus to the movies and back (in Chicago) on Saturday morning watch 2 movies (with cartoons), get a popcorn and drink and come home with change.

10 Likes

MAAA, MAAA… i’m done now gimmee mah moneh. Im going to go mow lawns n get me some o dat nice juice!
Dah dah dah dah dah!

Not bad, I hope that when I hit 70 I am still playing video games and raising hell on the forums…in a peaceful manner of course!

I am currently 51 soon to be 52, I started my gaming life on a used Commodore Vic 20 that I had purchased as a gift for my Brother, thankfully he was my younger sibling so you all know how that went! I didn’t know I’d like killing those mosquitoes so much, what can I say?

I played Diablo hot off the press back in the day and it was key to cementing my gaming addiction, it’s why I am here, like a dusty old cobweb.

I have yet to fully grow up though, I actually think that ship sailed long ago, oh well.

Anyway /cheers to not caring about age, it’s paragon levels that matter, we all know this!

4 Likes

I’m still old enough to have my mom give me a $10, go to the corner store to buy 2 cartons of cigs, a gallon of milk, and have enough to get a can of soda and a candy bar.

I was born the same month as the Fall of Saigon. Missed it by a few days. Most of the generation before me were veterans of Viet Nam. But as my earlier post suggests, the Eighties was when I actually grew up. One of my uncles was a tunnel rat. Another a Green Beret. Two were Marines and my Dad was a sailor.

I should have mentioned the war movies that came out midway through the Eighties like Platoon or the Series “Tour of Duty”.

But anyway, the Viet Nam War shaped a lot of my early years. Then stuff like the Iran Hostage Crisis was national news. Then the Beirut bombing. Anyway, as I recall most of the stuff that shaped Millenials and later generations were started in my mine. It was just a slow burn for about 20 years.

It’s funny to think that there are folks that have never known a world without a War on Terror having kids.

Not to get to far into the weeds but I don’t buy this stuff about later generations being weak or fragile. They’ve just faced different crises than we faced. Point being every generation effects the one after. So if the later generations are “weak or fragile” blame the generation before them.

Just sayin’.

2 Likes

I remember it well, I was on the USS Okinawa as a member of the Marine amphibious assault force.

3 Likes