How much notice do we usually get before season end?

Title. Trying to clear a GR 150 before it ends, I think I can do it this weekend, but I’d like to know how much notice we usually get.

I know the end is probably soon.

Usually, buy not always, we receive a notice two weeks before end of season. We haven’t had that notice. At the very least you should be fine for pushing this weekend. Good luck.

3 Likes

I can say with some certainty that it will not end this weekend and most likely wont end next weekend either. My guess on the earliest start for season 26 is April 8th.

Looking at the past 3 seasons, the new seasons started 3 weeks and 1 day after the PTR ended.

PTR ended yesterday. So, 2ish weeks until end of season + 1ish week between seasons = April 15th.

So it seems like the 15th is the earliest. The holiday is technically on the 17th, so what remains to be seen is whether or not Bliz considers the 15th a holiday.

If they try to rush it to the 8th, they better announce 25’s end date today (or this weekend), which would only be a one week notice.

3 Likes

Just was posted on Twitter that Season 25 was ending “soon”, but somehow they didn’t actually give a date :woman_facepalming: although it’s been a 2 week warning for quite a number of seasons now so…

2 Likes

The news in bnet client also now says Season 25 ending soon with no date mentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah… huge tease.

With the ‘‘season ending soon’’ (which usually means in two weeks) announcement, we now have 99% chance of having season 25 end on 10 April and season 26 start on 15 April.

1 Like

The fact that they have not just straight up said 2 weeks makes me feel like it will be anything but that, earlier or later but who knows…

April 1st! It’s all been one big April Fools joke

I have been hoping for the same, of course the only way that works is if they reuse a prior season theme which was already tested previously, as anything new would need to be tested first.

Hope so, would be nice with a better theme in s26 :stuck_out_tongue:

In the past, they stated that they would always give 2 weeks notice or more. Even when they broke the two weeks notice, it was something like they’d announce it on a Monday, where it was ending in 13 days. To end on the 9th would be only 9 days notice, which I’d say is more in line with a one week notice.

The season is definitely not going to start the 29th of April. The only realistic dates now would be the 15th and 22nd, depending on when they give an official announcement date.

(Though, I guess they could always break their promise and make it a one week notice now.)

Is now at the top ends 4/10 for the Americas.

yep 10th of April is the end date for s25

Thanks for all the answers folks, looks like I’m good to push before the 10th

No notice unless you’re actively looking for it. Maybe the Battle.Net app has a scrolling news wheel - not sure since I don’t use it.

I mean… making a thread on the forums must be actively looking for it then, because people posted the notice in this thread. It went up while I was at work today.