How many characters per account?

We use to be able to make multiple account with up to 8 Characters. I wonder if they will allow for more then 8 characters without having to have a second copy of the game, since running new bnet will change things

2 Likes

they wont change that. its unfair. how do you toggle it on and off :slight_smile:

The way I would want it if adjusting character limit is, 7 for classes, 1 each, 3 spares for mules or second class versions (could just use reset tokens). Have a shared loot spot like they have, that just makes it so I don’t have to toss it on the ground, just login to the mule/otherchar and transfer it from shared to personal. The more character slots will mean more depending on what is now stackable or not stackable. Hard to guess where some things are going.

It would be stupid to have anything less than 20++.
Knowing the dev team, I’m going to guess 30.

I’m a d3 virgin, whats the max for d3. That’s probably the place to start

2 Likes

Ya I dunno they could give people 20 and I wouldn’t really care, it does limit you, but I dunno a very meh limit.

Diablo 3 is 14 slots per bnet acct

And D3 practically throws things at you to keep, each season I loose it all to the mail box :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would complain if it was only 14 chars.
I would complain a lot. A whole lot.

I play classic.
I play LoD.
I play ladder.
I play Nonladder.
I play pvp.
I play LLD pvp.
I play hardcore.
I play soft core.

I would be unhappy with anything less than several dozen char slots. And that’s with unlimited stash tabs.

If we have to mule still? We should get unlimited chars, just like d2.

4 Likes

If you can have 20 chars, you can directly expand the stash to be infinite large, because then you again have a workaround to store almost everything you want…

I don’t understand this comment. Please explain.

The devs made the stash bigger, because it fits in their philosophy, of what can be changed, without changing the game experience. This involves:

• bugs, which are due to miscalculations
  • tedious things, which players have tedious workarounds for, which do not actually involve playing the actual game

An example for the last one of course is:
you have limited stash size.
Workaround is: make mules.

Now, there were only 8 chars in D2, so you can have just a couple of mules, meaning, that you still had limited storage space (the stash space of all mules added together). They introduced a bigger, and shared stash (but still limited), based on this fact.

If you now give me 20 chars in D2R, I have a bigger stash, as in D2, but I also have even more mules. So that would end in the exact same tedious workaround, to get even more space with mules (because like 10+ mules plus the bigger stash probably enables you to store every unique in the game).

So following the logic of the devs, you should now increase the stash space, such that you don’t need these 10+ mules anymore.

1 Like

In Original D2 you can make multiple accounts though…

4 Likes

You can have millions of characters in D2 due to unlimited accounts.

Limited characters with limited shared stash space will never be enough.

1 Like

True, but you had to buy the game multiple times for that.

No you didn’t you can make unlimited accounts on 1 cd key.

5 Likes

What? Is that true? I literally never knew that. Or I forgot it.

Well, then I don’t understand limited stash space in the first place.

1 Like

Encourages loot you find on your character to stay on that character, rather then moving things over conveniently through a shared stash whenever you switch characters.

What’s the point of buying a perfect pally torch or anni multiple times when it can just be transferred to all your paladins instantly? At least xfering posed a barrier of time and effort that motivated players to acquire more gear.

1 Like

Ya you could do all you wanted, but if two keys showed up logged in at the same time that’s a problem. I had around 8 accounts, for various reasons but all with their own keys, for various reasons… but it made muling super easy just bringing in another account.

What has that to do with limited stash? Shared stash will be a thing anyway.

Ah right! Damn, I mixed that up.

Then there was a workaround to have as as much storage as you wanted, without buying the game twice… So then, according to the devs’ logic, you should have infinite stash space in D2R, shouldn’t you?

Well and I would say moving the anni from guy to guy wasn’t due to having a perfect one, it was because it was my only one :stuck_out_tongue: … if my other guys had anni’s, or gheeds or whatever and they were semi decent I never moved them around… don’t need to min/max every scenario.

If I was using the character for any length of time I would mule it over, so I see no issue with shared just eliminating a step.