How long till S20 ends?

S20 has lasted roughly 6 weeks now so it’s about half way. You should have more than a month at least to complete S20 journey.

Awesome thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Most likely will be extended because the classic team may not able to deliver S21 in theme due to Covid19 lockdown.

Don’t hold your breath on that unless you have a source. The team can work from home if they have the appropriate clearance to do so.

@OP: As of 4/23 (today), there is no official word yet. However, it will either be 6/7 or 6/14. The 6/7 date is unofficial, but supported by a thread stickied regarding a patch 6/9 for password upgrade support. 6/14 would be the natural 3 month end point. There is the third date as Kilo suggested which could be as early as 6/28 or as late as 7/26 (or even later, suggest a S1 repeat and go to 8/23). Can we handle a 4 or 5 month season?

4, yes. 5 is 50/50. Today is Day 41 of the season. The halfway point should be Monday or Tuesday.

2 Likes

Lol seriously? Starting already with the “are we there yet” spamming??

It’s a legit question from a returning player. Your sarcasm aside, those threads will doubtless start up in a month or so…

2 Likes

Ignore the sarcasm in some peoples posts. You have more than enough time to finish season and get all the rewards. Good luck.

2 Likes

Sometime shortly before that date, Season 20 will end.

The reason being, is that quote above is talking about a patch update to D3. And its VERY likely it will be a larger patch, which may include this password change they are talking about here where I quoted that from:

But the point I want to make, is why would a passwording update require them to wait till June to apply it? Why wait when the rest of the system was updated already this month?

Simple. Its easier to roll it in with the next game update, which will likely include the Season 21 changes. So expect the new season to start at 5PM Pacific time on June 12th, and this season (20) to end the Friday prior, June 5th. With the June 9th update to fall exactly on a Tuesday, which is a typical day for Blizzard to do maintenance.

But that’s just me.

Game on.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the “When’s the PTR starting?” threads. They’ll come soon too.

1 Like

no CM for Diablo 3 no nev content for couple years game is DEAD !!!
some boring simple seasons and that is nohing we alredy have
think for sure season 21 will we same as this one then why bother for ask Company will never truly Anwser

Usually the patch is deployed Tuesday before season start, and Season starts 10 days after last end.

This gives S21 starts on Friday the 12th and S20 ends sunday May 31st

Apparently you didn’t read my full post:

And yes, it might end sooner, possibly that Tuesday before, instead of Friday.

Seasons don’t end on Fridays. They start on Fridays and end on Sundays. So if that’s the week S20 ends, it’d end on Sunday the 7th. Blizzard have also said they will leave over a week from patching live before a new season starts…

So, if S20 ended on Sunday the 7th, and the patch happened on Tuesday the 9th, S21 would start Friday the 19th, not the 12th.

2 Likes

No apparently you didn’t read my post. Seasons don’t start Tuesdays, and this isn’t a question about season start but rather season end. Also we have only seen one time where patch was deployed more than a week before season start, and it was dreadful.

However, they usually have a weeks grace period between seasons or 10 days to hit the Friday the week after, so that’s what I corrected you on. But May 31st is just my guess, and typical we get PTR about 4 weeks prior to end, so May 3rd we should know.

I know this. And was correct with regards to what day of the week they start on.

This makes the most sense though. All that assumes that I’m still correct about the patch on the 9th being a multi-part patch of course.

I did forget about the change to the length on time between end and start. So yeah, the start time would be a week later than I originally posted.

2 Likes

Bigger issue is when first PTR emerges. It seems it was late January last time, and October before then. Perhaps early May?

And there we have it.

Why wouldn’t I ask? Seeing where the game goes next increases my desire to play this patch.

So PTR next week? :slight_smile:

1 Like

agreed when season starts my desire to play is highest it then drops off to nothing about 1-1,5 months into the season and gets reinvigorated by the ptr announcement

1 Like