How is the new Update/Season beneficial to Hardcore players?

If I’m understanding the Echoing Nightmare Rift correctly, this new Update/Season is going to be horrible for Hardcore players as we will have to wait to level up to a pretty high level before even attempting to risk it. Regulars player can just jump in as soon as they reach level 70 and not risk anything. Very unfair. How is this Rift beneficial to Hardcore player that will lose everything and have to start over when trying to benefit from the Rift. Hardcore players have NEVER gotten an update that benefits us. My Network goes goes down, I lose everything; Blizzard’s network lags or goes down, I lose everything. Now we have a Rift that we can only play if we’re at about Level 1000 or above, and the better we do in it, the more likely we are to lose our character along with all the hard work we’ve done to get where we are. Really! It seems that we, again, have gotten the short end of the stick.

Am I the only Hardcore player feeling this way. Throw us a bone. How about something that benefits us Hardcore players. Please!

3 Likes

i think you might be, all the hc player in my clan are looking forward to it, and thats all most of them do now a days. at least half of them are only hardcore in a full clan

I am thinking that the meaning of overwhelm might not mean that your character has to get killed. You might still survive the onslaught but just not be able to kill all within a given period of time much like a normal GR. The only difference is the amount of time might be either the same or lower.

Why not wait to see how it actually works before holding a pity party?

2 Likes

Because a pity party is all hardcore Players have to fight with. And yeah, a lot of good that’s done us over the years. When was the last time Blizzard did something for Hardcore Players, ahhh never.

1 Like

The follower rework gave you all another Cheat Death so that you can die 3-4 times now without actually losing your hero. So hardcore…

1 Like

What does that even mean? Every change/addition/theme they do affects the HC community just as it does the SC.

There is nothing in the patch notes that says HC players won’t have access to the Echoing Nightmare, so again, chill out man.

If your worried your hero might die in there, then I don’t know what to tell you other than maybe Hardcore isn’t for you? But good news is, there is another game mode that you can play with a lot less worry about such things.

1 Like

Well, with the latest update to the new S26 patch notes, replacing the Shield pylon with the Speed pylon in EN pretty much killed the season for me and I think many HC players. On top of that, Bliztard nerfed the EXP to equal GR’s. BFD. Don’t know if I will be playing S26, maybe just avoiding EN because the GR’s are supposed to be improved.

2 Likes

Real Diablo Hardcore will die when D2 dies. D3 never had true hardcore with all it’s saves, and D4 won’t have it either, as you can bet it’ll be modelled after Diablo Immortal as an arpg mmo. This stupid play mode is just another nail it it’s coffin.

1 Like

Objectively I can see why people are concerned. Theoretically, you have to ‘virtually’ die at some point to get the rewards and in HC if you die it’s all over. Unless it tops out at 150 ofc - but it is HC so not so realistic
The concern is justified.

EDIT - It would not be the first time when a HC character is not supposed to die under a season addition but has. They won’t restore if you die which is the whole point of HC and the acknowledgement anyone playing HC makes confirms that. So being proactive is logical. Making a bug thread if it happens still won’t restore jack if you die even though you’re not supposed to.

roll hc and try the nightmares

1 Like

If you go HC, you’ll probably still die but bring 3 z’s and 1 DPS like a marauders… when I tried the nightmares on ptr… it literally stopped the “overwhelm” when Id run away so … if he dies… he dies

1 Like