How is LoD Rapid Fire w/ Flavor of Time doing?

Edit 2: This build is after all still viable, if you take out Pain Enhancer for Legacy of Dreams and use Bane of the Stricken and Bane of the Trapped. I cleared a 118 unfavorable rift at 2.6k paragon and 4m damage.

Here is the 118 clear video as proof it’s viable.

https://youtu.be/5Ke76u5odm8

Here is the original post to show my thought process and for official records lol:

Players who use this build are losing Bane of the Stricken (replaced by the LOD gem), but gaining the new Flavor of Time Amulet. A legendary power that doubles the time your pylons are active, and comes with an extra CDR roll. This will come in handy, because Power Pylons never seemed to last long enough with this build, and now Conduit will be amazing.

I was able to find one clear on the leader board pretty quickly, so I’m sure there are more, of a 120 clear with Legacy of Dreams Rapid Fire at roughly 2.5k paragon.

My goal for next season will probably be to clear a 120 at around 1500-1800 paragon, just wondering how many, if so, how many GR levels this build goes down without Bane of the Stricken. Last season it was taking me about 2+ minutes to down a boss in a 121 and that was with Stricken.

So how does the math work if I’m losing a level 120+ Stricken gem? Will I need like 3+ minutes? 4+? The gem gives 25% damage against bosses and mine at rank 127 gives 2.07% added damage with every attack. So really how long of a boss fight are we looking at? If I took 2+ minutes before? With a God-Tier conduit pull buffed by Flavor of Time (3+ elites and leftover trash), we should be able to free up an extra minute in the clear time. Maybe more than a minute.

We absolutely can not give up Bane of the Trapped, as it’s apparently the only item we have that slows enemies with its 15 yard aura. Proccing Cull the Weak for 20% free damage, Numbing Traps for damage reduction, and itself (53.10% damage bonus on mine at rank 127).

Pain Enhancer is required, to snapshot attack speed as well.

ps: Players using this build will also lose the Hellfire Amulet. The passives I plan to run are Cull the Weak, Numbing Traps, Tactical Advantage, and Grenadier. (Losing Awareness)

This sounds NOT like fun. Fishing for the perfect pylon combo at the RG and have 5+ mins time …

Stricken is hard to calculate with RF +hellcat as there are these hellcat grenades and so on.

As said it isn’t that easy to calc as with let’s say impale where every hit does damage

Let’s say we need 800 direct hits (like with impale or MS) to kill the RG - that would be 200s with snapshotted 4.0 IAS. Stricken level 120 would add 0.2 more per hit.

With stricken TOTAL damage would be:

7208=(0,02 * 800^2+0,02 * 800)/2+800 (basically Gauss’ sum formula with stricken factor added in)

Without stricken - well 800 (hits) - so just 800 “damage” vs 7208 damage.

So after 800 full hits stricken 120 would do ~9 times more damage on RG.

It’s not working that way as there is CoE which is asymetric and you can pop pylon with enough stacks, but at some point you wanna have stricken.

Think for 120 with LoN - you wanna have that.

Better run with lower damage (maybe even drop BotT - it is just ~50%+ and CtW that can still be triggered with calltrops?). Sure less damage but if the level is perfect - you know you can finish it. 5 min boss time seem really frustrating to me. Conduit at the right point - doesn’t need BotT at all.

Might still work somehow - I just added some theory and thoughts - which may not be that relevant :wink:

Yup I spawned “The Carver” as my Rift Guardian on a 118 at 2.6k paragon 3.3m damage and he took me 6 minutes. I don’t believe this build is viable any more… Sorry…
Thanks.

Try to use the LoN rings w/ Stone Gauntlets instead of the legendary gem.

You get to work in so many defensive items:

• Stone Gaunts
  • Aquilas
  • Visage of Gunes
  • Mantle of Channeling
  • String of Ears

There is also:

• FoK:Bladed Armor
  • Numbing Traps
  • Leech
  • Perfectionist

I think you can make it work. Let us know how it goes.

Update: I think the build is still viable! Just make sure to use Bane of Stricken and Bane of the Trapped w/ Legacy of Dreams gem.

Here is the charcter I used to clear a 118 today:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TrvAix-1845/hero/93907765

One thing you could change is wear the Hellcat Waistguard instead of Witching hour (attack speed was used with pain enhancer attack speed breakpoints, so not as important now) Then Cube Aquila Cuirass and wear Cindercoat. The resource cost reduction from Cinder Coat would help a lot, because the new play style (without snapshotting) allows you to move a bit more, into Oculus rings or Triune circles as well. The trade off is that you drop Aquila for a moment when you recast Rapid Fire. I was able to do this a bit, but I can see how more RCR would be nice. You still want Area damage though, so I would just use Cinder Coat instead of rolling RCR on gear. I suppose you could use RCR on the weapon instead of Attack Speed.

Other changes like what dmkt suggested would be getting both Hellfire Amulet and Flavor of Time. Cube flavor of time in place of Unity or Elusive. and Equip Stone Gauntlets in place of Magefist.

Elusive gives 60% DR and Unity only gives 50, and also doesn’t work in groups. It’s just not easy to get an Elusive to roll with max 60% DR. Kinda need a primal.

I’m currently uploading the YouTube video of my 118 clear. I will post the it here. There is potential go to higher, but with season starting in 5 hours I didn’t want to fish for a perfect Grift.

https://youtu.be/5Ke76u5odm8

In conclusion the build is viable, and I will main it in season 18!!! woot! :smiley: hype is real!

1 Like

Very tanky build - GR121 cleared. 23K Dex. 3.6M damage.

This is a group and pull build. You have to pull elites to the next set of mobs and wear down their HP. You can tank 3-4 sets of eiites and champion at the same time so you don’t have to worry about dying to affixes.

Stack area damage. Mine is at 127%. Around 1M+ life is important. I tried playing with around 800-900K but certain affix combinations would one-shot even with the 3% Life on Hit from Vengeance Side Cannons.

It’s nice when you can just stand there and tank Orlash at 121.

2 Likes