How I play Hardcore

A quick use of a Paragon Calculator gets us…

• XP needed to go from Paragon 1 to 820 = ~3.688 trillion
  • XP needed to go from Paragon 1 to 825 = ~3.818 trillion
  • XP needed to go from Paragon 1 to 850 = ~4.516 trillion

Amalgamating that XP is the equivalent of doing this with one account…

• XP needed to go from Paragon 1 to 1034 = ~12.008 trillion

Yes. That’s how people measure how powerful their heroes are. For each GR level increase, mob HP increases by 17%, and that’s cumulative. So, if player A can do a GR 10 levels higher than Player B, that means they’re doing (1.17)^10 more damage, i.e. 4.8 times as much.

That was 10 seasons ago. You say you’ve played extensively so I presume you’re aware of exactly how many massive damage increases have occurred in the three years since I did that and how powerful some of the current season’s angelic weapon effects are?

So, genuine question, do you consider a GR110 to be pushing with current season’s set bonuses and angelic weaponry powers? If not, what would you consider a push level?

You wasting you time here. I really don’t care about your crap you throw up at me all the time. On how things work!!! You need to get a life and not trying to being the Forum Post King!!!

Like I just told him I really don’t care what he thinks on how I should play this game. It is my right how I play it the way I want not his.

People like him have turn the game into a contest. You can’t enjoy the game the way you want . Without some body telling you that you not playing it right. Show me the rules on how to play this game. You know what there is none is there.

I’ve seen plenty of Meteor’s posts about playing in their own way and not playing what is currently the meta. In my opinion, they weren’t downplaying anyone’s playstyle, it felt to me that they were trying to gauge how hard you were pushing your character just to see if you were playing HC in a “safe” manner or in a more “reckless” manner. I’ve seen plenty complain about losing a HC character for various non-DC reasons and it usually is from reckless play. Maybe you’re reading into it more or you have a history with them from other posts and other threads, I know I certainly haven’t read ALL of their posts, but what I saw didn’t seem “too” critical. It seemed more inquisitive.

I play here and there with a person that has one of the biggest clan on HC. She plays just like I do smart not stupid. Because one time I said to her because she almost die. Be careful and she said I was doing something stupid. She said I play smart and not stupid like a lot of people.

You know how many people I watch die. Because they are playing way over the head. I’m sorry if my limit is doing a 110 gr. I’m not going to try a 115 just to watch my character die. That is be stupid and playing over you head. But by him that is what you have to do to be a true blue HC player OK Right NOT.

I didn’t get that impression from the comments in this thread, but I may have missed it. What I was getting from their posts was that due to the power creep in the game, i.e. easier augments, an extra cheat death from the follower, stronger set bonuses, etc., that a HC player at a similar paragon to what they were at 10 seasons ago should easily handle that level GR and likely a fair bit higher. Since there are HC players that are doing fairly high GR in season, I don’t think that their statement (as I interpreted it) is not too far-fetched. As I said, I never got the impression that Meteor was claiming that you were playing “wrong”, but by your own admission you play “safe and smart” which is fine; your game, your way. I used to play HC but the old DC problems of years ago turned me off of that play mode (plus I am NOWHERE near as active as I used to be).

Of course you can and so do I. However, playing safely clearly implies that you are avoiding risks and, as pushing requires taking risks, this means playing safely precludes you from pushing.