How am I supposed to fight back?

I join a bounty room, then part way someone decides to do Grifts or rifts. I like to go through bounty runs quickly with everyone participating.

These guys, they decided to use my bounty speed while they run Grifts. I feel like I am being used. :anguished: How am I supposed to fight against this selfish tactic?

If you are a Grift runner that likes to get free bounty caches too. You are the scum of D3. :angry:

9 Likes

Join a clan? :man_shrugging:t4:

Play solo and you will not have to worry about others.
Always make sure that the tag is set for Bounties.
If it gets to you just join another group.
Remember some people are only in it for themselves.

3 Likes

idk maybe play private games? bounties are faceroll anyway youd have to be the worst player in history to ever have issues soloing them

you make it sound like completing bounties is so hard to do it requires a group when truth is theyre one of the least requires group effort parts of the game Blizzard ever added to D3

Even more fun, I created bounty game, and during that went for smoke (let know on chat), coming back I’m kicked like OMG, how they could allow to kick someone who host game!?

This game is a joke.

1 Like

It’s not the difficulty of them, it’s the length in which it takes to solo them. There is some god awful long bounties…

Another thing you can do is quit if someone opens a rift.

3 Likes

again i reiterate my previous bounties are FACEROLL even the ones where you have to kill bosses it takes longer to reach most of them due to trash mobs than it does to actually kill them

bounties are the easiest part of solo play that this game even has

Maybe because you went for a smoke :no_smoking: :no_smoking: :no_smoking: :no_smoking: when they were doing all the work?

The game is not a joke, but some or the people who play it most defiantly are. :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

8 Likes

Solo? Bounties would take unnecessarily long. I like to run bounties with a good group that can handle thier own bounty.

Four acts were done quickly. I like that…NOT “check it out…they are fast. I will do Grifts while they give me caches.” :angry:

Then… one of them decide to join in the Grift while two of us are left doing bounties. Then…my bounty partner leaves leaving me to do bounties ALONE, while those two selfish players continue to run Grifts while I continue with bounties. I hate all that take advantage in bounty rooms to do Grifts.

2 Likes

Easy fix, just make it so a Rift/Grift/Cow level/Vault/Hellfires, cannot be opened in a bounty setting. After all 5 bounties are finished and the rewards have been received by all, you can do whatever you want if you like the other players. Or just leave and do it all over again. Bring on D4 already.

5 Likes

You focus on caches/hour and efficiency.

In public games, people can do what they want. Some of them may be bots and it takes more trouble to kick them then just leave. You can’t control control other people’s actions that you might consider time wasters – running rainbow rifts, people joining your bounty, going into vaults, etc.

The only thing you can do is focus on is:

1. How many bounties you want to clear
  2. When do you want to leave

Personally, for me it’s 6-7 bounties. I clear my Act usually Act 5 or Act 3 because they’re the long ones. Then I collect.

Then I’ll finish one or two bounties of which ever act is closest to completion, collect and then leave. It’s not really efficient to clear 10+ yourself. I keep track of which bounties mats I’m uneven on so those are the Acts I try to run and whatever else I can get in 6 bounties.

This way, I don’t have to care if someone is a bot or if someone decides to do a rainbow vault or whatever someone else decides to do.

If someone joins a RG or rift, I’ll do Act 1 with another player. Basically 2 or 3 bounties to finish Act 1 and I leave. No one else can join so the timewasters either have to finish all the Acts by themselves or they have uneven bounties and they’ll end up having to eventually run solo or else have a 1000 useless Act 1 bounties and none of the others (because everyone does Act 1).

define “unnecessarily long” 10 min 15? you must be walking all the way to the bounty site without waypointing

bounties are EZPZ

I love that idea. :smiley:

I made a thread earlier to suggest to disable the Rift Obelisk in bounty rooms, but only in bounty rooms. Your idea may be too restrictive. If players like to run a mix in one room they may in Grift or Rift rooms. Bounties rooms should be more exclusive. Disable the obelisk in bounty rooms.

1 Like

What you do to fight back is, when the “join Grift” prompt comes up, join, then go back to doing the bounties. When they finish the grift, they can’t start another because you haven’t collected your gem ups. When they can’t open a new one, they’ll either do bounties, or leave game and other folks will join.

11 Likes

You have to finish ALL the bounties to get ALL the different mats…your way looks silly to me.

why not just disable bounties when players open a G-rift? why should your playstyle be enforced on them anymore than theirs being forced on yours?

Devious, I like it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

I like that one. :smiley: Thank you.

I may try it. It has some control.

However… :thinking:

What if I get kicked for not leveling gems? Then I look stupid again… :weary:

rifts are ez go solo them

oh i do like the other 99% of players we dont try to get others to do all the clearing while we go smoke then get upset when they decide to VK the dead weight