Horrible Input lag with Macbook Pro 2018

Hello,

I just bought Diablo 3 after recently beating Diablo I and II with my friends.
The problem is the input lag between pressing an attack or ability hotkey and the action taking place in the monitor. The delay takes 0.5 to 3 second randomly. Sometimes when I press an ability after 2 seconds the game relocates me in a previous position in the map, this is making the game unplayable :frowning:

This is happening while playing alone in private mode.

This are my specs:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.4
  • Processos: 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel i5
  • Memory: 8gb 2111 MHz LPDDR3
  • 256 SSD disk
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MG
  • 1360x768 external monitor with the lid closed so it doesnā€™t use 4k.
  • Bluetooth keyboard and mouse (I also play CS:GO without any problem and THAT is a precision game :confused: )

Do you have any advice on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Gonz.

Hey, Tenken! Have you tried without the external monitor? You should be able to set Diablo II to ā€œOpen in Low Resolutionā€ if the retina display is a concern.

If it does continue, does the same problem happen on an alternative connection?

Hello Caterpepi!

Yes, I tried everything you said, I even tried playing the game without my bluetooth devices. The problem is still happening. In game itā€™s all fine while moving or clicking things. The delay only happens when I attack some monster or use an ability.

I have a video so you can see for yourself how the game is working but the reply option doesnā€™t allow me to post links :frowning:

Tenken,

If it persists on the internal monitor instead at lower settings, there may be a heat issue or something of that nature. If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, itā€™ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace ā€œLink goes hereā€ with your link.

`
Link goes here
`