Horde of the Ninety Savages - HC feedback

As i play Frenzy Barb for the fun of it on HC, it’s realy a pain and shame that the 4th set bonus is linked to frenzy stacks.

Thats realy a problem at the start of a GR, if there are no mobs around (you need to go back because wrong way) and if the Riftgourdian is spawning half a map away.

It’s everytime up to luck to not get one-hitted and getting the NAP-talent triggert. Then u have to chose if you take the riskt and play with NAP on CD or go back to savety and take a breack and try your luck again…

Easy solution would be to link the 4th piece bonus to shouts, as they allready are a part of the set.

(4) Set:
Damage taken is reduces by 60% if a shout is active and Frenzy lasts twice as long

Also the BASTION’S REVERED could need some change, as the worst part of freenzy is the lack of good trash-clear even with 100% + AD

BASTION’S REVERED
Frenzy now stacks up to 10 times and hits an additional time per stack. Each additional hit will deal the damage in a 20 yards cone infornt.

That change would give some more depth to the playstyle, as you would need to place the mobs infront of you and not just stay there and hit something and if the cone would also be able to tricker AD it would help with the trashclear.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work. Realy like the longer PTR and hope you could make more smaller changes on PTR like every 2-3 days so we can test it. Just to tweak the numbers.

Have a nice Day.

2 Likes

I’ve personally never tried this build, but after reading the way it’s written, and hearing your issues you’re having, I think the 4 piece should read as follows;

(4) Set:
Each Frenzy stack lasts twice as long and reduces damage by 6%. War cry grants max frenzy stacks

that would be okay too. yeah. :slight_smile:

Or WC refreshes stacks. Doesn’t need to give them but if it could refresh the stacks this would give the needed time between mobs to keep them up.

I played frenzy for quite a while and pushed some with it. It’s a game of tag as you need to tag one mob as your running to the next elite every so often to keep stacks up.

that would not help at the start of GR, if there are no mobs for a while and if the RG is spawned half a map away. remember it’s HC and there are mobs out there that will onehit you nearly everytime you don’t have all def buffs online.

1 Like

That wouldn’t help for the beginning of the rift or after a death though.

In general I think the warcry giving max stacks is a good idea, with this alone the build would make the build easier / more comfortable to play.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t bode well for the devs then I’m sure. That’s part of the mechanics of frenzy, you gain stacks per hit not from yelling. It was this way in D2 as well. I generally don’t have problems in the start as I just walk until I see a mob then charge it/frenzy.

Going between mobs is the worst for me or when the RG spawns clear across map as I only have a charge here and there to get to next target fast. Dying can be brutal but generally not an issue, it’s just like ww barb with istvans…can run the chance of getting death locked.

Also true. Then the possibility would be to decouple the dmg reduction from frenzy stacks, because IMO the missing toughness in the start is the main reason why most just play WW instead of frenzy (besides WW being stronger right now). And with the change we would have at least 2 decent builds to alternate between (for solo play).

1 Like

This I could stand by. Stacks for speed/damage and pair the DR to something else that can be utilized in the start.

1 Like

H90 is one of the weakest new sets. We provided feedbacks for H90 for several seasons. I do believe they gathered enough data, and number tweak can be done in a very short amount of time. But unfortunately, they just didn’t take any action on it.

1 Like

This set is a lot of fun but the damage reduction stacks are terrible. I believe staying true to the set the best change would be letting the stacks fall off individually.