Shadow Set/Holy Point Shot [Consolidated PTR Feedback]

Updated: Original post to show how the top clears for DH are Rapid fire builds and how a 9 GR buff to shadow/impale will still make the build in solo weaker than other classes. To achieve 9 GRs, HPS should be 300% buff to impale damage.

10 Likes

I’ve done a GR119 on live non-seasonal.
I’ve done a GR123 on PTR non-seasonal, with a 100% HPS.
https://i.imgur.com/YpRedr8.jpg
Upping this to a 250-300% range would be nice, even if it leaves it behind other builds.

11 Likes

Mathematically, the PTR buff to impale is 4.5 GRs (1X to 2X). 1X to 4X (i.e., 300% increased damage) is 9 GRs.

Even with this buff to impale, the new DH GoD set (>GR 145 likely on live) will be better as well as other class’s top builds (Barb GR 148, nerfed WD and crusaders GR 147-148 ???, Monks @ GR 145, New Necro set > GR 145 likely on live).

Poor wizards need a buff.

4 Likes

Wizards needed a set that didn’t suck or have stupid mechanics, shame, I love wizard theme but hate half the abilities and all the sets, Tal Rasha is the closest to decent.

Impale will hopefully get the buffs, I think Blizzard just needs to hire a couple of us for ideas to keep the devs busy producing high qualify, small changes.

5 Likes

GoD set is stronger than buffed Impale for solo. So even if they buff Impale a bit more, that will not change numbers on DH solo LBs a lot.

DH does not have spot in high push/farm groups with GoD set. Maybe he has the spot in speed GR groups but I doubt it.

if they want to include DH in group play all they have to do is buff Impale a bit. If they think that +4 additional GRs is too much they should give us at least something.

PS. My wrist is hurting of playing too much GoD set today.

7 Likes

May be it will help Blizzard to listen us.

14 Likes

Good initiative, but his name is PezRadar, not RezRadar…

8 Likes

Blizzard we know you guys have loads of data on Crusader RGK kill times because Crusader has spot in meta groups for some time now.

We also know you have some data for DH Impale RGK. But data for DH RGK is scarce because only really good, above average players could get the party for 145+ with DH. If you are going to compare average Crusader player to above average DH player you are going to make a mistake.

Data you have for DH RGK clear times does not tell you full story. You can’t extrapolate everything correctly. You are maybe weighting too much DH Impale clears with builds that did not use Awareness, and used Steady aim for example. You can’t expect average player to play like that.

Community seems to be united with this request. I think you should trust your community.

14 Likes

Agree that the HPS needs more damage, like 250%-300% at least. Perhaps 300%-350% better?

9 Likes

What I find funny is that not only in the HPS topics but all the GoD topics the need to improve impale damage is being discussed.

It would be nice if we would get a bone thrown to us Monday/Tuesday with a 300% buff to test it out a bit. Its clearly obvious that GoD is caping ~120-125 with ~20k Dex with a bunch of primals (from what I have read unless I missed something).

Simple fix for a simple problem; buff HPS = competitive RGK = happy community for s21. Hopefully that wasn’t to logically :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Shadow Impale is obviously still in need of another buff. A lot of discussion here for both Solo and Group (RGK).

For solo push. I keep seeing that the current HPS buff of 100% is 4 - 4.5 grift levels. How true is this? The estimated 4 - 4.5 grift levels doesn’t include the added incoming dmg. If comparing this to Season 20, you gotta switch cubed elusive ring to aquilas, so thats 10% dmg reduction loss automatically. Unless you choose to use elusive ring over CoE…

For group (RGK), and most credit goes to Pe3eWe3e here. You can buff the the dmg to HPS all you want but it likely still wont solve the problem of dealing with adds that RGK spawns. Imo, just face it, Impale wont ever be part of the meta…Cause they likely aren’t attempting to make other changes to Impale that solves this problem.

14 Likes

Shadow Impale …why the blizzard team doesn’t listen to us, for they don’t like us … I’m so sad
really … in this sad period covid19 :frowning:

5 Likes

Actually we often had viable RGKs which were struggling with some bosses (remember the Thorns necro for example) and were still part of the META. The most important thing is for the DH to have enough DPS to be able to kill in a decent time a ‘‘normal’’ boss, which requires the HPS to be buffed to 300%. That’s the priority and it can be done very easily by the devs. We can discuss the RGK spawns issue another time.

7 Likes

I think if they did a final buff of 150 - 200% to impale on the Holy Point Shot would be the safest way, yes it could use more but a little more would be safe and needed

Reminds me of how the Barb Lamination Belt ended up. Blizzard just a little more damage as stated above please to the HPS! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

HPS really needs more damage increase like 250%-300%. The Impale build (and other DH builds) could also need more toughness.

10 Likes

I really don’t like buffing this build to be viable, just because how unbelievable boring this build is, of all the possibilities THIS is the best build for group DH? Please buff something else to become viable, just make the distance traveled by hungering arrow before turning 15% shorter and we’d be there for a UE HA build, that can be chosen over the crusader for the sheer damage increase because of Entangling shot.

2 Likes

This request is not like the lamentation belt. Ww/rend was a new build where only a few people recognized the true top end potential and even those still underestimated it by several GRs.

Even with a further buff to HPS, the top shadow impale will clear about GR145 in solo. The top ww/rend barb has cleared GR 148 in under 13 minutes with the damage on the belt is now 100-150% while during the PTR was 150-200%.

4 Likes

2.6.7 PTR

• Lamentation
    • Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%]

Then Blizzard had Rend 200% multiplier was removed. (huge, huge protest!)
Blizzard after hundreds of messages, restores multiplier damage of Rend by [100-150%] in the end.

The new HPS added damage and requests to up that remind me of this belt discussion that all. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think most of us and not to speak for anyone does want the buff to be realistic.

250%-300% is just a base number off a few players math. I would like to say the DH community doesn’t find a buff that keeps HPS doing 130s max acceptable but also most don’t want a cake walk at 150 either. This is why the adjustment should happen in PTR and adjust +/- before the season launches.

Who knows maybe it will be 200-225% but without proper testing we will either have a very upset community if too little and multiple non DH player complaints if to strong.

11 Likes