Holy Point Shot and Impale

I don’t think this is the correct action - remove the buff to HPS.

Instead, increase Karlei’s Point damage to 600-700% and make another quiver for Impale (And Chakram too) something like:

NEW QUIVER :
Increase the damage of Impale and Chakram by 150-200% on targets over 15 yards away and they have a 25% chance to release Fan of Knives on the first target hit.

For Shadow’s Mantle updates should make it like this:

2pc :
Unchanged but additionally, Chakram, Fan of Knives and Impale all cast twice when used. (This replaces the need to buff HPS)

4pc :
Unchanged but, additionally, each second that Shadow Power is active, reduce the cooldown of Vengeance by 2.5 seconds. (comes out to 55.55%)

6pc :
Chakram and Impale deal an additional 100,000% weapon damage to the first enemy they hit. Fan of Knives increases the damage of your next attack by 100%.

Shadow Power > Well of Darkness :
Reduce all resource costs by 35%.

***Added Vengeance 4 piece update, because Dawn shouldn’t be basically mandatory for melee weapon focused set. Removed Bolas since it doesn’t fit the setup with updates now and enough support elsewhere. With Dawn opened up, may need to reduce other buff or 2.

10 Likes

Totally underwhelming the HPS buff.

Like +4 GRs is not that great. We need either a greater buff on HPS or buff something else, like Karlei’s

3 Likes

That seems like a major change, not sure if they will do that but would be interesting to see.

I think HPS should be 100% - 150% instead. Just needs a little more.

6 Likes

150-200% sounds good to me. Anyways its super hard to get well rolled HPS and now its much harder.
Why not to move Impale damage to Chain Of Shadows belt?? Sounds reasonable and we will be able to keep our HPS, ands its easier to reroll the belt.

8 Likes

Shadow mantle would be amazing and fun again with this. Impale would be dynamic and I think ranged version could be viable.

If they are going to leave the small buff on HPS as it is, I think they should up the 2 piece bonus of Shadows to 12,000 from 6,000. We’ll still have to farm out a new quiver, which is fine with me, but everyone will instantly get a buff on the armor they already have. I think that’s fair approach.

1 Like

I came up with my proposal because I believe it is probably more beneficial than just the straight damage increase, which I agree is needed. Doubling the knives vs doubling the damage is roughly the same, so far as damage is concerned, but increasing the number of knives makes KPoint better overall.

1 Like

Something must be done to get the Shadows Mantle Impale build into the 4 player META, especially in HC mode. I don’t care what has to be done, Blizzard must get it done. Every other class of toon has had the duty of being a trash killer or RGK, why not the DH. HPS shouldn’t have a ton of affixes on it that doesn’t have anything to do with the game play of the set it supports either. It IS THE HARDEST piece of gear to acquire with the right stats, please reduce all the affixes to just several choices. Put more damage on the dagger and on the set itself so it can scale up properly with the paragon level or however its done level like all the other class toons in the game.

Looks like the new necro set is doing fine, it figures. There is even a LoD version that is getting a lot of attention in the PTR with the necro. I wouldn’t mind that for the DH using Impale, one of the primaries or secondary offensive skills.

1 Like

Agreed on Impale, be so easy to give it great updates and make it more viable as RGK again.

2 Likes

I’m okay with that as well, and I don’t mind farming out a new KP or HPS, I just want the item and the buff it gives to be worth my time. 3-5gr on the high end, is hardly worth my time. That’s just my thoughts though. Kinda sucks that this post isn’t being paid attention to by the devs. I’d like to see some changes before this patch goes live.

Updated original idea for even more goodness.

1 Like

looks good.
20 chars

hopefully they pay attention to you because Impale is the only DH build I really care for. be nice to see it pushed up to the point of WW barb. but i’m dreaming.

2 Likes

I think ‘just buffing’ KP would be better and then they work this out for the next season.

They could definitely update the 2 piece and 6 piece without much testing needed, it’s 133% damage buff (less overall since the 33% won’t be on every hit nor will the extra projectiles when you’re outscaling) The Fan of Knives 6 piece is really a replacement bonus, IE, you cast FoK instead of your main attack and then your next main attack makes up for it. The 4 piece is the bigger unknown but they could easily find out with the update if they gave it a week in the PTR.

I don’t necessarily agree Chakram and Fan of Knives needs to be added to the set. However, casting impale twice is a very good idea. I approve! :smiley:

I feel like this is a HUGE ask. Besides, Shadow Power lasts forever, so why not just ask to reduce the cooldown of Vengeance by 56%? While we’re at it, let’s change the Shadow Power rune, Well of Darkness. I would love to play with Captain Crimson. Shadow’s Mantle set definitely needs some love. <3

Well of Darkness - Reduce the cost to 8 discipline and reduces all resource cost by 20%

Chakram would be great and fits right in since it has a melee weapon, FoK is already used but I think it would create a fun farming option as well as a little better AOE.

It would be a big ask, but opens the door for a set that really deserves it and would be themed more appropriately. I picked it that way because it is a blizzardy thing to do. 55% or a decrease based on Impale/Chakram/FoK usage could work, just something to remove Dawn from the equation.

20% is probably a little low, the set doesn’t really need it per se, but it would be nice to have alternative to Chains with Crimson. I think 30-35% would be ideal to keep it at a really usable amount and the extra DR is great considering Shadow doesn’t have built in DR and Shadow Power only provides 35%.