Here's somthing intersting I just caught about Ninth Cirri Satchel

The Ninth Cirri Satchel says on the Brown Text on stat at the bottom , Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce and also deals bla bla % increased damage . Then the interesting part ; “Hungering Arrow can “ONLY” pierce up to 4 times”.

What I find interesting is how they worded that part of the stat text with “Only”. They don’t usually add the “Only” word to the stat text like that . Normally it would say : “Hungering Arrow can pierce up to 4 times”.

As if they knew that they were nerfing the crap out of it and rubbing it in to us that they had screwed us good in the same instance . :grin: But it for sure tells me that they knew it was gonna be too big of a nerf and that they knew it .

But yeah , I just picked up on that and it kinda tells me that they knew that they were way over nerfing and intentionally or maybe unintentionally texted that on the stat .

So just sayin’ , I found that to be a bit interesting after actually picking up on that here recently . Nothing like having it rubbed in our faces that “We have Nerfed the hell out of your build and you are “ONLY” gonna be getting 4 pierces max”.

My opinion on that is , It Stinks ! :-1: :-1:

2 Likes

Agreed!!!

3 Likes

:crazy_face: :laughing:

Doubt it was an intentional jab. But I do feel whoever penned that description isn’t a native English speaker; doesn’t fit the style of other such text in the game.

Normally we would get something like,

“Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce up to 4 times and also deals 515% increased damage.”

The way it is currently worded is similar to how Google Translate would present you translated sentences. It’s the separation of the nerf as its own sentence at the end that comes off as a possible slight.

However, if I am wrong, carry on, because otherwise I can’t help but feel there’s some truth to your claim, OP.

That’s not the same as it is currently worded. The word guaranteed in the sentence implies that it could pierce more than 4 times but after the 4th, it uses its native 35% pierce chance. By using a separate sentence, the author clearly states that it is impossible to get a 5th pierce.

1 Like

Does Buriza-Do Kyanon increase the pierce count for this build ? Or is it totally useless ?

No, and it has an internal cooldown as well.

2 Likes

But, the chance to freeze can be really useful and using a 2 hand xbow is strong in its own right.

You might not be getting more pierces but the damage is still good and cc’ing enemies keeps them apart longer resulting in more damage per the single targets.