Here's a dumb question that I don't think was asked yet

What happens at the end of Season 24 with Ethereals?

• Do they get automatically salvaged and we get the random materials from them?

• Do they come over to non-season but can’t be equipped and must be salvaged there?

• Do we have to salvage them before the end of the season or miss out on the extra random materials?

Has anyone talked about this yet? Aside from the obvious “we want to keep them in non-season threads”?

Just wondered. Game on.

5 Likes

They do not transfer over to NS so this would be the smart move. :point_up_2:

2 Likes

I would agree, but it wouldn’t hurt to know for certain prior to it happening would it?

3 Likes

Why would this be an option considering they already said: “Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.” If they do not transfer over we cannot salvage them in NS.

I sort of figured this. Log in on the last day of the season and salvage all your ethereals sort of thing.

Would be nice if they autosalvaged when the season ends though.

8 Likes

Hopefully they will address this more with the patch update.

Don’t know what they salvage into, but I think I have enough mats in my non seasonal stash.

There is no reason to talk about this:

Season theme’s are Season only.

What ever Theme there was in a Season gone is gone when the Season is gone!

Ethereals disappear the second the Season is over!

So they said. Still, the method is not explained.

And I also suspect the same. But it would be nice to have some clarification.

That wasn’t the point of my query.

Obviously there is.

I’m well aware of that, I have played every single season thus far.

It would appear that way, but I like knowing specifics. You can be sure as hell someone will be asking about these points after the actual season 24 ends.

I just would prefer not to wait that long. I hope they do a season ending on the PTR, that would at least clear up any thoughts I was pointing out here.

And assuming them salvaging into odd stuff like rift keys, and tons of mats is intentional and not some odd bug, it will be a very good idea to make sure those get salvaged.

Aside from regular mats you get DBs and rift keys

Not sure I need more stuff non-season.

High chances that these items just go ‘poof’ when you log into your characters once the Season ends.

On a side note, I wonder if the patch notes will be updated today seeing it has been a week since the PTR started.

1 Like