Help with my Vry's build - plz

I have a decent Vry’s build and have watched a few YouTube videos on how to play the build. But damn… So far playing Vry seems like 3-4 times the effort for ~70% of the results of my Barb or Monk. My Wizard out gears my Barb and is nearly as geared as my Monk and can barely do 100 while my Monk and Barb are farming 105-110 and Barb is pushing 117. My question is - does it get better?

Plz check out my profile to see my gear.

You can get your damage higher with some tweaks but you will not catch up to your barb even with perfect gear.

Yeah… That’s what it is looking like… Put in 3-4 times the effort for only half trash results. You have classes like Wizard and Necro that are busting brain vessels to do dps and some players using macros to optimize their build are getting outplayed by Barbs and Monks who just hold right click. The game should reward builds that are a pain to play.

Funnily enough, prior to this patch Vyr’s was very strong compared to other builds. Want to know what everyone complained about? They said it shouldn’t be so strong because it was too easy to play.

Vyr’s was one of the strongest solo builds up until this patch. It wasn’t until the new monk and sader sets and the buffs to WW/Rend that Vyr’s dropped a bit behind.

At 1300 paragon Vyr’s should be crushing GR100.
I see some weird things going on with your setup. A few things you could fix, in no particular order:

1. level 53 Squirts with trash stats - just replace that entirely
  2. no vit on bracers
  3. no vit on helm - replace with a non-ancient int/vit/crit/socket helm
  4. no Arcane Power on Crit on source - this is absolutely critical
  5. no life% on belt (belt should be int/vit/armor/life%), only 46 stack roll: replace with a non-ancient int/vit/armor/life% belt with 49-50 stack property
  6. roll cooldown on shoulders to 8
  7. roll cooldown on wand to 10
  8. replace Unwavering Will passive with Galvanizing Ward - if you’re running Squirt’s Necklace, Galvanizing Ward is just better. Especially for speeds. You want all the shields to keep Squirt’s up.
  9. put an Oculus ring on your follower - that’s a free damage boost, and the rings are easy to use with Vyr’s

Your low cooldown and lack of Arcane Power on Crit means it will take you a long time to get back into Archon. No Arcane Power on Crit means you run out of Arcane Power before you can get back into Archon, which means you have to wait for it to regen, and that’s time you aren’t getting Obsidian procs. Get some more cooldown reduction and APoC, I promise you’ll notice a big difference.

You should have no problems clearing GR100 with Vyr’s at 1300 paragon in 3-5 minutes. As fast as a barb/monk/sader? Maybe not. But you certainly shouldn’t be struggling to clear GR100.

Thanks for the reply. I will change my gear up and see what happens. I was wondering… When Vyr’s Wizards die during a run is it normally considered gg at that point. It seems hard as hell in high lvl Grifts to get up and going again.

If it’s a farming run, it won’t really matter. It’ll slow you down, sure, but you’ll still be able to finish on time. And it’s faster than starting a new rift. If it’s GR120+ and you’re pushing your limit, a death is probably going to cost you the run. A death with Vyr’s probably costs you a solid minute off your run by the time you get back up and get your stacks rolling again, so if the clear was going to take you over 14 minutes, a death probably means you are going to fail.