Help with Andariel's Visage!

Greetings people I have a problem that I simply do not understand
I have tried searching for an answer before posting this but to no avail.
Now I seek help and expertise from someone that knows how this works
You see I got Andariel’s Visage in Primal and a normal Legendary one and noticed something very weird here is a picture of both items side by side: imgur .com/qEBiDaU the affix on the helm with this text: ‘Fire Damage Taken’ should have 10% as max and yet on the Primal it is only 5% and won’t go any higher and that the resistance on it only goes up to 200 instead of 210 which is standard for an Ancient or Primal item but the normal Legendary one also have 200 resistance however something else that is weird is that if you check this video from ‘Rhykker’ at the timestamp 6:40: youtube .com/watch?v=l-GaPoKLl1E
you will see that his Andariel’s Visage in Primal has 410 in resistance.

This is extremely confusing to me, is this how the item is suppose to be something that is random or is this a bug or a mistake could anyone
please provide me with an answer?

5% is the better (best) roll.

It’s more fire damage you take, so having the lower amount is the more desireable roll, and why primal Andariel’s rolls like that.

1 Like

Oh ok I understand thank you! I thought it was that the enemies that took more fire damage first.

So what about the resistance why is it so low do you know?

I’ll have to get back to you in a little as I can’t watch the vid right now (on a prepaid phone at the moment).

Though, 410 resistance doesn’t sound right. The max for ancient/primals is normally 210.

Andariel’s Visage rolls with a guaranteed 150-200 poison resistance as a fixed attribute, 15-20% elemental damage bonus, 626-750 main stat, and 1 random magic affix. On a primal, the guaranteed resistance will be 200 poison resistance. If the random magic affix also happens to roll as poison resistance secondary, that would be at 210, giving a total of 410 poison resistance.

2 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t realise the one random affix could be either primary or secondary.

Either way, there you go. Question answered!

Cheers @Meteorblade :beers:

I believe that 1 random affix is ALWAYS a Secondary Affix. Each item has a limit on primary and secondary affixes. Generally is 4 Primary and 2 Secondary Affixes. If an item has a special affix (in this case the 200 psn resist) is special it’s not counted against the 2 limit and also does not limit the same affix of being rolled. You can also tell if an affix is a bonus as you CANNOT reroll that affix on the item.
And normally legendary items lose 1 secondary affix for the legendary power.
So Andariel’s has:
Primary:

1. Main Stat
  2. Attack Speed
  3. Fire Damage Taken
  4. Varied Elemental Damage Bonus

Secondary:

1. Random Affix
    B) 200 Psn Resist
    Legendary Power.

Per the above while it comes with innate Attack Speed for example, the attack speed CAN be rolled off so its not a bonus but the Psn Resist cannot be rolled off so its the bonus affix. And since its the bonus affix you can also both roll a psn resist secondary affix and have them combined for a total of 410 or even reroll one of the primary affixes to an “All Resist” which is normally mutually exclusive with single resists.

1 Like

That can’t be the case. This is mine, it has 5 Primary stats (including socket and fire damage taken). I haven’t re-rolled anything on it either.

The poison res is native to it. So this fine specimen has not rolled any random secondary affixes at all.

Imgur

Interesting. Via that screenshot, the Socket was the “random affix” since the item always comes with Main Stat, Aspd, Elem damage and the fire damage taken affix. Sockets are normally primary’s. Didn’t know that that item is an outlier as the random can be either a primary or secondary affix as normally random affixes can’t be both.

Mariam sees the socket as a primary (as you can roll vit and other primary stats on it)? Don’t do it of course but you should be able to at least see the options without clicking transmute.

But I do wonder if its because its the “primal” factor where it is always given the socket and a normal leg or ancient it would always be a secondary.

Interesting.

I didn’t think to check that earlier, but went back… I was quite curious.

The below screenshot shows the available stats that can be rolled, and the possible properties I could change the socket (the one random affix) to.

So I can only re-roll to another primary affix, as expected.

Imgur

Edit: The pic is missing the first few stats (Vit/All Resist/Life%), im still a nub at foruming)

I really want to see one in game with a secondary random affix now, I could have had one drop, but if it wasn’t at least ancient, I wouldn’t have even bothered to look at the stats. I’ll be keeping my eye out now.

As for why, my guess is that it is still attached to the old loot rules before loot 2.0 arrived. Affixes weren’t locked to the 4/2 format we have now, this seems to behave that way, and this item certainly existed in vanilla.

I think it may be unique in this way, not many items have so little random affixes, and perhaps this is also a reason why it’s able to roll this way.

Either way, the description on the wiki is correct, it states “1 Random Affix” and doesn’t specify if it’s primary or secondary so it looks intentional. It’s just odd, because it could very well be the only item in the game that allows this, and goes against the general rules we are used to.

Not true. The legendary property for Andariel’s Visage is the poison nova, not the poison resist, that is just a regular secondary property.

All legendary properties are counted as secondary, which leaves one more secondary. In this case, the other secondary is fixed, so the one random property would be a primary. Nothing odd about this item that I can see.

This is what started this discussion. It might put it in better context.

In case you cbf’d watching:
The primal Andy’s in the vid has had the random affix roll as poison resistance giving it a total of 410 secondary resistance (200 native, plus the 210 random)

My pics were only to show Dragonmaster that it can also roll the random affix as a primary, because he thought the random affix was always going to roll as secondary.

Nothing odd about my Andy’s at all, the odd part is, that Andy’s one random affix can roll as either primary or secondary, which could also be the only item in-game that allows this. :wink:

Thank you all for the information it was very nice of you to explain it for me!

What are you making up now, we have already solved the problem?