Help Us Fix Diablo 3

blood shards idea is nice i hate to clear them every 3m or so
the exit game and customer getting moved
salvage all legendary button i want that so badly
gambling as other class is also nice to have

1 Like

Petrified Screams are classified as keys and should no into materials UI with greater rift keys and should be opened at rift obelisk.

It is fun thing… I agree its most useless among “double X” bonuses, but if they as well dropped Grift keys or bounty mats would be amazing~
And speaking of bounty mats, I really think they should drop from purple mobs in adventure mode.

I hate spending bloodshards, if there was a system to invest e.g. 10k bloodshard at Kadala to remove blue items from gamble table and double the bloodshard cap, but double the price of gambled item. Further investment of e.g. 100k bloodshards to remove rare items from gamble table and double BS cap again, but double the price as well. And for last time invest e.g. 1M to remove non ancient legendary items and double the BS cap and double price once more. (If too lazy to count: BS cap would be 16000 and ancient amulets would cost 1600, weapons - 1200, rings – 800, rest – 400).

I would be happy if all Pre-rolled Stats were removed and all items were with random stats. Just leave main stat. And let me Ramaladnis gift all items which can have sockets.

For me would be enough to salvage all non-ancient/non-primal legendaries button.

I would love to turn this suggestion upside-down and remove “Immunities to Crowd Control” from all classes. So we can worry more about what is happening on the screen.

I wonder how many grift tiers reduction would be to change that main stat added +1 average damage instead of +1% damage.

Definitely seasonal theme territory…

1 Like

I think what you really mean is, salvage every non ancient … and this is not gonne happen.

Shield is worthy of its weight when using Squirt’s and Channelling is nice when you equip Captain Crimson’s. Nowadays, even maxroll guides claim that almost every build use those without an exception. Every piece I read over there either have Captain Crimson’s or Squirt’s; those are staples. Or at least maxroll staff made it that way.

When you have Shield Pylon, all you worry about is running forward and finding another elite pack while dragging small chasers for more area damage. If you dare to keep aggro, that’s a bigger chance of bursting down a Juggernaut or any elite just ahead. It will make you less worried about losing Squirt’s buffs because something grazed you. You can even stand and wait for CoE elemental cycle to never miss a chance.
When you have Channelling Pylon, you can spam everything and have mad amount of RcR% and CdR% which in return would grant you more damage and mitigation through Crimson’s. What’s not to like about it? It’s about adaptation.

Only point I can agree is Speed Pylon being weak. I know Barbarian Chargers love it because Standoff, Necros like it because Strongarm and it’s nice for stacking Stricken fast but it feels lackluster compared to other four type of Pylons. Maybe it can be used for pixel pulls or something?

I don’t think they’re keen on that idea to homogenize farming difficulty and push difficulty together as one. Picking up an item would make you lose time from buffs and forward cooldowns, that’s a dynamic. It’s the only obstacle left in an already easy rinse and repeat task. You don’t have to pick anything up when playing a Greater Rift already.

Ain’t gonna happen I believe. They pushed the engine to its limit and having limited resources doesn’t help.

Hi,

Suggestion:
All lvl 70 jewelry, rings and amulets, should always roll with a socket.
The legendary gem-system requires a socket in these slots, would be great if the system was supported in some way.
Either this, or make Ramaladni’s Gift useable on jewelry.

Cheers

9 Likes

I hope the devs listen this time around. A lot of the suggestions have been presented before.

I agree to most but will only focus on some with lsome feedback.

A. Nerf Paragon. Yes, not only can it offer a way to diminish the bots. It may also be a way to be a general nerf in order to bring some changes that you have in the op, plus some season themes made permanent.

B. The saying “If you can’t beat them, join them” applies to the changes you suggest in rifts/ GR.
Elites, pylons shown. Here another addition could be compass arrows for the direction of the pylons and exit. Using different colours for each.
As for pylons one idea could be that they spawn and are shown on the map a little before they would appear. Ex At 15%, but they would be inactive (greyed out) until you reach the 20% goal and so on.

C Stacked loot and pet loot pick up. A much discussed topic. Why not replace the drops with chests at the completion sent to the in-game mailbox?
The exception being the neph glory’s, which the pets can run for.

D. UI

a) The pop up in bounties. The removal of them with space bar or escape. Timed duration would be nice and if we could assign were they appear would be awesome. To have smack in the middle of the screen when we ate in battle is annoying to say the least.

b) A real dream would to able to assign were our buffs appear, if opacity could be worked in even near the centre of the screen could be doable.

c) Tracking stats on screen like crit chance as an example or any other that can be dynamic. A small box like pop up could be used, again assigning were it appears is a super plus.

d) Tool tip improvement in the char sheet. IAS is one stat that is tricky having a tool tip telling you how much is needed for the next level. It’s kind of quantized.

e) Let us assign mouse 1 & 2 to other keys. Tired of burning out mice, plus my hand arm gets less strain if I use the mouse for aiming moving only.

E Point 20 Fix armoury Tetris. Yes that can be a pain.
One thing I can think of is to be able to place gear from the stash into the armory by doing so the stash spot would be greyed out. If an upgrade is available then by placing the new item in the greyed armory spot the old item would be replaced in both stash and armory. This is a very raw idea so feel free to use it as stepping stone.

F Doors, if not removed at least they should at least be destroyable.
I do believe it would be possible to retain mouse click for opening and attack for destroying them.

That’s all from me, thanks to you all for all the tips.

PS

I just wait for the first to fall for the bait of 0 post complain, some see red when they see that, :wink:

Also wearing a blue hoodie didn’t help me at all, damn it! (grinning)

DS

1 Like

Fine list overall.
But
Add “terror zones” to D3.
Randomly buffing zones to be viable alternatives to running GRifts.
Make the overworld great again!
(oh, and do the same to the campagin)

Rather remove “Immunity to crowd control”. For the stated reason.

Definitely.

D2 is spinning in its grave :slight_smile:
Not that D2 itemization was perfect, not remotely. But having “unique” items with “flaws” (not that attack speed deserves to be counted as a flaw) in them, is completely fine, and good design. Pros and cons in the decision making.
Now, of course absurd power scaling and imbalances throws out any such decision making, but then that should also be addressed (nerf the scaling, add more rings and other stuff also mentioned in the OP).

2 Likes

Raxx, I agree with most suggestions. Unless I missed it, I would recommend:

1.More character slots and/or stash space.
2. Let us gamble and craft items as a different class.

A few thoughts on specific things are below:

For seasons, I agree or at least a cap to paragon in seasons. For non-seasons, I disagree with retroactive changes to its paragon system.

I agree that better enforcement of the rules is needed. I reported multiple players to the hacks email last season. One who played 21.5 hours on average for the entire season and one who had collected more than 53K bounties completed in a single season. Neither was banned to date.

I disagree. Scattered loot has its purpose to pick up only the items that are wanted since the loot is more spread out.

May be problematic due to ping. If not, this might be nice addition.

Bad idea. You know that someone or lots of people will mistakeningly salvage their legendaries that they wanted in their inventory. With the current system, you only lose a single legendary when making a mistake not an inventory full.

Why does it have to be an extreme cost? A reasonable cost is appropriate. Specifically, have a consumable that drops infrequently that allows one to reroll an ancient or primal ancient that leaves the legendary quality the same.

Bad idea

Yes. This is “crazy” and has huge balance issues.

Double goblins are ok.

Agreed.
Any type of “corruption” for items should come in some version of
“add a negative and a positive affix” to an item. Pros and cons.

Just adding a gamble for getting a great item or a destroyed item, is literally doubling down on the mistakes of D3, imo.

Not a feature I would care about, but that salvage button could easily ignore items you have ever equipped, and similar.

Also, on top of being allowed to gamble as another class, I would LOVE IT if we could enchant/craft either as other classes OR just more specifically for our followers. It sucks way too much to be playing a dex/vit character only to have to roll equipment for your follower that needs Str/vit or int/vit. This is forcing us to switch to a different alt that also has those specific stats to roll or craft the equipment for the follower on ANOTHER alt. It’s dumb and there’s no reason to have to do that if you could just decide to roll/craft for current follower.

7 Likes

Totally missed that, good catch!

No way as a permanent feature, might be a super idea for a season!

Just transmo them :slight_smile: and they will never be salvage by mistake ^^

4 Likes

People have never provided a real reason to nerf paragon. All the complaints amount to botters having a lot of paragon (solution: ban botters) and people being envious about a small percentage of the legit playerbase being able to reach a high paragon level.

With Petrified Screams you can easily get 625 main stat on all gear: 8125

To get the same amount of main stat from paragon, at minimum you need to reach 2225 paragon. What percentage of the legit playerbase even reaches that paragon level during a season?

I’ve been playing seasons regularly since around season 16 I believe, I usually end up with around 1000 paragon. Even my non-seasonal characters haven’t reached paragon 2000.

Not to mention that Paragon points already have diminishing returns.

I especially like the idea about damage re-scaling so that GR 150 is not the endgame, but an achievement that only some will manage to reach, with very high gear, skill, and good team play. Or even not reachable at all.

It used to be a high bar to hit 40. It’s really not going to change anything in the end. The pole moving changes nothing. The only thing that could possibly warrant this is if a 150 is completable in the fastest possible time every single time. Like 45 seconds. At that point, it would be required. As it stands, it isn’t a requirement. It’s no different then adding more torment levels. It’s just moving the pole.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree there needs to be a number crunch, but it wouldn’t make sense to do it for the reason being,“150 needs to be harder to reach”. It simply needs to be there so the numbers make better sense.

I play exclusively solo on console, if that means anything, and though I appreciate the hard work put into this list, I utterly despise most of these changes. Diablo 3 will be a much different game if these changes are implemented and I’m in a nice groove after all these years. D3 is my most played game on PS5 and I know what I’m getting when I start it up, which I absolutely love.

For example, what the heck does this mean?

Does this mean players who play the game should receive rewards without playing the game? One of the greatest qualities D3 possesses, and something that I believe is not appreciated enough, is that it fiercely rewards playing the game. Leave paragon alone.

This I laughed at:

I can’t even keep up with my own COE rotation!

And please for the love of Diablo, if more numbers are added to the screen make them optional. Some I admit are helpful but I try to keep my screen as clean as possible so I can see the animations and effects. It’s a similar approach I take with 2K23 and MLB the Show. I turn off all the ugly meters and strikezones to enjoy the visual depiction of the game.

With regards to rerolling stats with the Mystic, I enjoy the ritual. I’ll admit having to scroll down (on console) to convert the gems I want is annoying. A simple solution there which wouldn’t change the ritual too much would be to return to the same location after converting a gem and adding the function to return to the top at a button press.

I don’t need bounties doubled or keys doubled. I like that I need to set aside some time to farm and play the game for these items, though I’ll admit the mats I get sometimes feels paltry. Maybe a 30% increase but certainly not double for solo players.

“Gambling” with bloodshards is one of the most beautiful mechanics in all Diablo 3. What I realized is that it’s a mechanic that insults modern free-to-play and pay-to-win mechanics. It’s D3’s version of loot boxes, where there’s no way to purchase these things in a shop but, ironically, they’re given in abundance and earned through gameplay. I would be deeply saddened if the bloodshard mechanic were changed in any way. Leave it alone.

There are people who play this game and love it the way it is. I’m one of them. I found my Diablo 2. It’s my opinion that in its current state it’s one of the greatest games ever made. It’s 10 years old, D4 is releasing next year. Focus the improvements on that game and evolve D3 iteratively, when it’s warranted.

I really can’t speak to a lot of this, but I can speak to QoL stuff.

Gambling: Like many, I loathe bloodshards and gambling. Add a “Gamble All” button which will gamble all of the blood shards on a single item. The Gambling can return the same gear we get now, save for all of the blues and yellows are salvaged, and all we are left with are the legendaries. So, if I gamble 1000 shards on a 25 shard item, 40 items, I might get 10 blue mats, 25 yellow mats, and 5 legendaries in my inventory.

Even a simple gamble all button the just flooded the inventory would save me from RSI injury of spamming the gamble button.

Stash search: highlight the TABS with a matching item(s).

Wardrobe: Give a different warning when salvaging a piece of gear that’s part of a wardrobe outfit. Add mouseover text telling us what outfit(s) it’s part of. Indicate somehow that a piece of gear is part of the wardrobe outfit.

And, yes to a “salvage all legendaries” that skips ancients, primals, and wardrobe pieces.

1 Like

Why would I want to fix Diablo 3? Oh, for a remake/remaster to be released in 10-15 years. Not to do anything now. Got it.

I’m sure there are tons and tons and loads of tons and even some tonnes of things but I’ll start simply.

Also, the whole channeling thing on console… it affects much more than wizard since a barbarian can whirlwind and ground stomp at once, a witch doctor can firebat and soul harvest… basically, any class with a channel skill can channel and use another simultaneously without breaking the channel, usually. Strafe does appear to be an inconsistency so, if it gets fixed, Strafe should be able to do it too…

Console needs direct targeting. Skills like ancient spear are pretty close to useless.

Pet AI is horrible, as noted, but collision detection is worse - zombie bears should not be blocked by a stairway (mostly going up - considers it a wall) nor a blade of grass.

PC Diablo 3 should get the console nemesis mechanism to encourage avenging the fallen, especially in hardcore more. They should also drop loot equivalent to a Greater Rift Guardian of whatever tier of their spawning.

I despise bounties…avoid whenever possible…
That being said, bounties need to be revamped…solo players should only have to complete 3 of the 5 bounties per act for the reward…groups stay at the current 5.

Allowing solo players to only have to complete 3 bounties per act also gives the solo players the option to pick which of the three bounties they choose, allowing you to by bypass some of the bounties that take longer to complete.

1 Like

Thanks Raxx and company for doing this! Hopefully this gains some traction